Fixed-wing aircraft price adjustment, and Pilot's license changes. [G]

Aviation law has always been a dumb thing on other servers. Municipal police enforcing federal law with fighter jets. I hope aviation experts are able to assist in drafting practical legislation that isn’t just designed to justify military resources.

11 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Aviation law has always been a dumb thing on other servers. Municipal police enforcing federal law with fighter jets. I hope aviation experts are able to assist in drafting practical legislation that isn’t just designed to justify military resources.

Whilst fighter jets have been used in the past on this server, due to stolen aircraft and the like. They will never be available to Law enforcement, in the rare cases of this happening it has always been an admin portraying the National guard.

As for the last thing I heard, there were several actual pilots aiding in the drafting of GTAWs aviation laws.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, joaoivis said:

Make an ATC job. Most american airpots are controlled by civilian ATC. You just gotta get some people that do know about it, make an application program just like LSPD and put them to work. One group in Sandy Airfield and the other at LSIA.

Who is going to want to man the ATC that much, sure you would have controllers during some times but you would still have empty times where there was no ATC. Having guidelines to follow at all times would be a much smoother and simpler solution.

It could work in a similar way to /startshift at the convenience stores. For example, if a controller is online then a green tower icon appears at the airport. If no controllers are online then pilots make the “Sandy traffic...” or “County traffic...” radio calls as they do currently. Access to the /atc chat to authorised people on the ground would be great; at the moment some of the aviation RPers are using a /r frequency which is OK but the tower controller is obviously missing out on most of the radio calls!

Maybe we should start an aviation suggestion megathread as we’ve drifted from aircraft and licence prices quite a bit? ?

This is definitely an excellent idea.

IRL I could go out and get a PPL for $8,000 and a decent plane for $20,000 - $40,000: https://www.aerotrader.com/listing/1970-Cessna-150-5011874008

I don't see why roleplay servers portray aviation to be some sort of game set only for the millionaires, because it most certainly isnt (in the US atleast, where we roleplay our server), and GTA:W should be a trendsetter in terms of diversifying and completely changing aviation-based roleplay.

Just with every aspect of roleplay, aviation can easily be monitored by staff and I don't see how it could pose a problem other than easily-dealt-with trolling, and there are much more benefits to allowing and increasing the amount of roleplay centered around aviation versus making it game meant only for 1% of the server.

• Senior Management

An ATC job with a /startshift sort of thing sounds pretty cool to be honest, could definitely work as long as it includes some kind of minimal training. Also, with the reduction of plane prices there will be much more traffic and RP to do for Air Traffic Controllers.

As for the licenses, as I said above I think it shouldn't be available to be bought off a dialog but there whole responsibility should be moved over to flight schools. (and with more and more people that will join in as instructors there shouldn't be availability issues either).

• Upvote 1

Can someone explain to me how a jet plane is cheaper than a piston plane? This make literally no sense.

800k for a plane worth millions irl, but yet  cheaper than a Cessna 172?

Spoiler

1000?cb=20160117175617

Is cheaper than this, a simple piston plane that is usually worth a few hundred thousands when brand new? I'd like some explanations on this? Because it makes absolutely no sense.

Spoiler

1000?cb=20150724190456

Edited by Mattkov
  • MomoIsHere changed the title to Fixed-wing aircraft price adjustment, and Pilot's license changes. [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic