Fixed-wing aircraft price adjustment, and Pilot's license changes. [G]

Hi, currently a few members of this community are aviation enthusiast and would love to role-play with air vehicles but due to very high prices aren't able to do so due to financial reasons, which includes very overpriced pilot's license price and extremely expensive price for fixed-wings aircraft. The prices for helicopters can stay the same for all I care since those should be expensive as they are extremely expensive in real life.

The first problem that most people will say if the prices of aircraft are reduced is that you'll have a lot of players buying them to do low passes over Mirror Park and doing loops all over the place and trying to do 9/11's all over. Well as everyone knows that's breaking the rules and it's bannable, just like taking a semi truck and ramming your way through everything you see. Admins will be pretty quick to identify players doing that. And just like everything owning a vehicle needs to make sense for your character it can't just be a "cool" factor. Just like you don't see gang members driving super cars, they won't be flying airplanes either since that's also against the rules. Don't get me wrong, planes should still be somewhat expensive but they shouldn't be as high as they currently are.

I feel like maybe property management could be handling planes/helicopters requests which could eliminate the possible trolls, so we could avoid having them flying all over the place with more affordable airplanes. Since I don't expect many players to be requesting such permissions  it shouldn't put too much burden onto PM.  It would allowed players that care about aviation role-play to have access to it.

Here's my idea of prices for airplanes (Before registration)

1. Western Duster (Currently at 750K  ) - 250,000$
  2. Western Cuban 800 (Currently at 730k,) -375,000$
  3. Mammoth Dodo (Currently at 800k) - 350,000$
  4. JoBuilt Mammatus (Currently at 950k) -300,000$
  5. JoBuilt Velum (Currently at 950k) - 400,000$
  6. Jobuilt Velum 5 seater - (Currently at 950k) -460,000$
  7. Buckingham Vestra - 40 KG (Currently-800) 700,000$
  8. Buckingham Nimbus - 40 KG - (Currently 950k) 800,000$

As for the pilot's license price, it's currently sitting at 150,000$ Which is totally bonkers in my opinion and just like some players said to me, no one ever checks for pilot's license in game. The current government has no intention of lowering the prices since it rewards them a massive amount of cash flow from players buying those licenses. Personally I would lower it to 50,000$ which would be a fair price, and would allow for more LEGAL role-play with airplanes. Some said that maybe a test for pilot's should be done, but if that's the case it shouldn't be a scripted test (since that would create insane easy access trolling) but more of general knowledge test about aviation (Very basic) could be done on forums of GOV or something like that. Then after passing such test you could acquire the license for 50,000$

Well now, licenses can only be acquired by role-playing with a flight school which is great news! So now only prices needs to be adjusted!

Thoughts?

Edited by Mattkov
  • Upvote 7

Hello,

Being a fellow residential avgeek, I'm very much in favor of your suggestion. The prices are too high and prohibit a sizable group of people from adding a large element to GTA World. As it stands, it is nothing but a money sink. Aircraft are viewed as "status items" and that's as far as the topic goes. However, in recent months, GTA World has seen a large increase in aviation role play. Sadly, it is restricted by these exorbitant prices. Truly, it is constricting a large facet of legal role play that GTA World could only benefit from.

Just like every other part of our in-game world, everything is governed by our in-game rules. There are already basic laws and rules that encompass in-game aviation. If you buy, operate, or otherwise use an aircraft unrealistically, you will be punished (both in character and out of character). I know from prior experience that the LSPD's Air Support Division (and the developing LSSD's air support division?) is more than competent in peculiar aircraft investigation. Similarly, the administration team is also capable of pointing out unrealistic character action or portrayal. Reducing the prices to make aviation more accessible would not detriment the quality of GTA World in any way, so long as everyone does their fair share. 

When it comes to the pilot license, it most certainly is too expensive. Again, it is a money sink. However, operating an aircraft without a license is only a misdemeanor. It was not until recent that law enforcement began to enforce this law more heavily, for which I am thankful. PLM has investigated situations far less damning in the past, so keeping a subtle eye on players in aviation shouldn't be much of a problem. It would be prudent for licenses to be cherished, and very well guarded. So, making "flying without a license" a felony would be more of a deterrent, considering it would be a mandatory go-to-jail-not-for-free card. 

All things considered, lower aircraft and pilot license costs would not harm the in-game economy or aura in any way. More so, it would add a very interesting and entertaining role play element to our large world. It would be up to law enforcement and the administration team to ensure realistic operation and ownership. However, being a "smaller" facet, it would not add much more to anyone's plate. Moreover, it would be in the hands of law enforcement. And, with my aforementioned Air Support Division experience, I can say that they'd be MORE than happy to intercept aircraft that aren't conforming to the law. With certainty, this would make it more enjoyable for both law-abiding pilots and airborne law enforcement. There would be no harm in lowering the cost of aircraft or pilot licenses. Inquire within if you'd like more information... 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
7 hours ago, Mike. said:

Agreed. I’d love to start a tour/charter company, or even a flight school, but it’s so difficult to raise funds even with the $5000 newbie bonus!

I tried this and it didn't work, no one was interested in it. Had a Nimbus and a Frogger. An option would be to allow plane and helicopter leasing from PM.

Edited by Rozi

I would say to drop the prices by 100k for those first few planes. But having a plane should be something really hard to get. I don’t think dropping them so low to 500k would be ideal maybe 800-700 nothing lower than 700.

17 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

I would say to drop the prices by 100k for those first few planes. But having a plane should be something really hard to get. I don’t think dropping them so low to 500k would be ideal maybe 800-700 nothing lower than 700.

The amount of players interested in aviation RP isn't exactly big, and also lowering the price will only help those seeking that type of Role-play. With these current prices it forces players to grind insane amount of money to have access to these vehicles, which makes no sense, and the cherry on top of the cake is the overpriced aircraft license which still makes no sense. Planes aren't a "Status Icon" to show off to players. They are meant to be used for role-play and with the current prices it's nearly impossible for players to have access to them.  And trust me on this, Admins won't TOLERATE trolling with air vehicles, they take it very seriously.

• Upvote 2
  • MomoIsHere changed the title to Fixed-wing aircraft price adjustment, and Pilot's license changes. [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic