Personal /notification upon logging in if player is homeless

Raindance

Hi,

Think it would be nice to have a notification show on screen in the players /notifications if the player doesn't own a residence, encouraging them to look into buying/renting a home. Unless they were to RP homeless that's a different story but people who don't imo should own a property or rent at one. Not saying there should be sanctions for not owning one but just a short in-game notification whenever the players logs on to encourage them a little bit (Especially new players)

Edited by Raindance

I’d be willing to bet that a lot of people don’t own / rent a place and unfortunately it’s not something we can report, since we can’t check it as players. I think it should be a rule because unless you’re playing homeless, you should be living somewhere lol. 

• Upvote 1

This would also encourage meta gaming though. You as an IC individual should not know about a persons home situation unless you were to find out Icly. Having a notification or being able to check assets OOCLY would kind of defeat this.

If you straight up lie to somebody in game about where you live or your situation, that is still an IC issue. Not an OOC one.

5 minutes ago, Knowing said:

This would also encourage meta gaming though. You as an IC individual should not know about a persons home situation unless you were to find out Icly. Having a notification or being able to check assets OOCLY would kind of defeat this.

If you straight up lie to somebody in game about where you live or your situation, that is still an IC issue. Not an OOC one.

I meant the player not owning/renting a place receiving a private notification in their /notifications every time they log on. Edited the OP to make it a bit less confusing

Edited by Raindance
Just now, Raindance said:

I meant the player not owning/renting a place receiving a private notification in their /notifications every time they log on

Ahh, sorry I completely misinterpreted that.  I can see why this would be implemented but I don't think it'll really make much of a difference, people will still priorities cars and other things before a home. It's all personal preference to be honest.

Just now, Knowing said:

Ahh, sorry I completely misinterpreted that.  I can see why this would be implemented but I don't think it'll really make much of a difference, people will still priorities cars and other things before a home. It's all personal preference to be honest.

Yeah I'd say my suggestion is either to make it just a notification like that or make it an official rule to own a home unless you RP homeless. like Giles suggested

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

The renting system should be fixed first. You can't be renting a house with 10 other people who you don't even know, and who take your stuff...

Yeah exactly my thoughts which is why I think a (suggestive) notification wouldn't hurt. It could be turned into a server rule once the rent system is fixed.

Edited by Raindance
Just now, Raindance said:

Yeah I'd say my suggestion is either to make it just a notification like that or make it an official rule to own a home unless you RP homeless. like Giles suggested

Not every character will be transparent though, just like in real life not all homeless people can be easily identified as being that. I completely understand where you're coming from though, it should 100% be implemented but how it can be is a big question.

19 minutes ago, Knowing said:

Not every character will be transparent though, just like in real life not all homeless people can be easily identified as being that. I completely understand where you're coming from though, it should 100% be implemented but how it can be is a big question.

My point being that people should have a registered address unless they commit themselves to a homeless character. Realistically you're not going to have two jobs, own 3 cars and have a butt load of money in your bank account without actually having a roof over your head. I bet most homeless people don't even have a bank account or don't have access to it irl

Edited by Raindance
  • mj2002 locked this topic