New criminal activity suggestions

Brox

Short description: 
I've come up with a few new ideas for scripts for illicit and illegal activities that could potentially add to the roleplay of criminal, and law enforcement roleplay alike. It's not my intent to showcase these ideas as finished products, but simply some suggestions that could simply be looked into and potentially inspire something.

Detailed description:

- A dark web system with a GTAW dedicated domain system , akin to that of facebrowser ( Or just an IC sub forum on the main forums), but for criminals to access and advertise stolen wares, illegal narcotics, leak access to legal documents, discuss illegal activities, do red rooms, advertise underground events like illegal gambling and fight clubs. (Could even include a bitcoin system eventually for illegal transactions rather than criminals dealing exclusively in. There could be some kind of means by which law enforcement /can/ catch people on there if the roleplayer was sloppy or unrealistic in the manner they accessed the web, and didn't properly secure their IP. You would potentially access this with your opening comment on the forum ( Or a PM to a FM handler) whereby you roleplay how you access the dark web, and if it's sloppy or unrealistic they just pass that information onto law enforcement. 

- A fraud system whereby certain individuals can apply to illegal FM to become fraudsters. A member of illegal FM could potentially become the contact point for fraudsters, and receive applicants on an application system whereby the individual submits an in depth application, explaining how they intend to illicitly gain funds by fraud, be it credit card fraud, welfare fraud, telemarketing, insurance fraud or otherwise. The member of illegal FM would judge people on a case by case basis, and those who had a stellar pitch and planned to roleplay it fully and well, could potentially double or triple their unemployment (Which is 800 for most people) by the hour. PD could potentially react to this by beginning to monitor bank transactions of suspects, as there is already a system on the UCP whereby you can see bank activity. PD could potentially set up a counter fraud division, but I digress.

- A forgery system whereby you can apply for a supplier status to be eligible to create fake licenses and ID's with a minimum of a certain amount a month, potentially allowing criminals or civilians alike to be able to get licenses illegally including driving, flying, pf and ccw. There would need to be a very limited amount of these in circulation, however I do feel like it would add a lot of rp to a suitable candidate and their faction, as this is a massive element of real life organised crime. Felons could have access to things they otherwise wouldn't be able to access, people who roleplay being underage or disqualified from driving could get a driver's license and people could even roleplay obtaining fake medical licenses or the likes if they really felt so inclined. It would add another element of detective work for law enforcement digging out these fake licenses and trying to trace it back to the supplier, meaning roleplay standards of the supplier would have to be high else they'd be crucifying themselves.

- A cellular and social media hacking system whereby certain criminals could potentially get access to private messages and information from phones and facebrowser, to A potentially blackmail, or B gain information. I know this is a long shot as police bugs aren't even implemented right now, but it could be something that could be considered for release alongside that legal update.

- Call centre scams. ( A little bit of a zany one, but I do know some people who roleplay characters who aren't the brightest, or are vulnerable) So the means to potentially enable this would be to allow people running scams like this to temporarily change their name to avoid metagaming comebacks. I could see some wacky but entirely realistic rp with people setting up illegal call centres to try and scam members of the public, who's cell phone numbers could be passed to these centres by a script. They could potentially be paid hourly by the likes of the unique item script as it's unlikely many people will react, but it would definitely make for some entertaining roleplay scenarios. I for one, get at least one of these sort of calls a week.

- Knives available through hardware stores. Honestly, it makes zero sense that they aren't. It's legal to buy them in the state of Cali, which San An is based on, and quite frankly they do the same damage as a hammer/wrench/flashlight which criminals tend to carry anyway, so it's just a little bit more immersive than everybody rolling up with a hammer or wrench. Equally, it's legal within the penal code to carry a knife with a blade under three inches. This will just add a little bit more realism, imo.

Commands to add:
See above really, not sure what specific commands could be implemented. 

Items to add:
Knives to hardware stores.
A few new supplier status based around the ideas above.

How would your suggestion improve the server?
I think all in all, it's just new avenues of roleplay for criminals on this server that are a little more diverse than the existing systems which can get stale. Modern crime is dominated by white collar and cyber crime, so it would be nice to see this represented on this heavy rp server.

Additional information:
Again, asking everybody to take this with a pinch of salt, these are just ideas that can easily be switched up, expanded on or trashed totally.

Note: Keep it civil, this is a discussion regarding these suggestions, I'll be really disappointed if people use it for a platform to bash other people.

Edited by Brox
  • Upvote 14
  • Applaud 1

Supporting this big time. The dark web system that you are suggesting could add a very unique roleplay to the server, not only it will make it one of a kind but it'll also enhance the illegal roleplay in the server and it would be interesting to see it work. On top of that, the new supplier status can add really good roleplay to the server although there should be a certain way to spot these fakes, this shouldn't be too easy and not too hard, it needs a balance so both sides can enjoy a fair roleplay (law enforcement and the supplier/user).

Just now, ZFusco said:

Seems really hard to manage, and would require a team dedicated to it probably, but other than that, sounds cool. A issue that would have to be balanced would be PD's frequency of catching/lurking on these websites.

Yeah, could be hard to manage, but IFM could potentially delegate certain roles to certain people. It's not for me to say or suggest what IFM should or shouldn't do, but I think it's entirely doable. They have a good team with really knowledgeable people and in order for new features they could always expand the team.