Character Backgrounds

VULn3R

Short description: Have a proper detailed system about each in-game character's background.

Detailed description: Character backgrounds are crucial. They are required everywhere, be it a legal business or a crime organization. But, the current script of the server has no concept of such thing. Though there is a criminal background that is recorded, there is nothing that tells about a character; their past, their family, their origin, if their family member is a criminal, if they were a criminal in their past country before they moved to US. All you have is their nametag and who they say they are, which can be PG'ed.

My suggestion is, when a person is making a new character, their required to fill a form, where they have to write a short background story about their character's life, and other things such as their origin, birthplace, aliases, family members (whether they exist as other characters on the server or not), and everything.

This will help legal companies, crime organizations and also significantly help in the persecution of a character, with the implementation of the new legal court system.

Commands to add: none?

Items to add: none.

How would your suggestion improve the server? As mentioned above, this will help significantly in hiring processes of legal and illegal businesses as well as persecution of characters. This will also bring in the work of Private Investigators, who would be able to check certain character's history and background.

Additional information: N/A

23 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

Big no, there's no reason to force this on people.

I mean.. what could go wrong if people make up their minds and exactly decide and fill in what they're playing?

I'm not saying it has to be a block of text with 500 word and exceptional writing, but a basic 2 para gist will only help the player have a better clarity of what they're incorporating.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Flow said:

I mean.. what could go wrong if people make up their minds and exactly decide and fill in what they're playing?

I'm not saying it has to be a block of text with 500 word and exceptional writing, but a basic 2 para gist will only help the player have a better clarity of what they're incorporating.

Most people already do this, again, no need to Force people to write this when they make a character. 

7 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

Most people already do this, again, no need to Force people to write this when they make a character. 

If they do it then what's the issue having the same filled in the form lol, and you'd be surprised there's a number of characters clueless and just out there for heck of it, with little to no essence. 

Again, I'm not saying there needs to be blocks of text. A simple background is barely a hassle considering the returns it'll bring in terms of a players knowledge towards their own character, and overall better portrayal.

2 minutes ago, Flow said:

number of characters clueless and just out there for heck of it, with little to no essence.  

Report them to the RP Quality Team then? There's no reason to force people to write paragraphs about their stories if they already know it. I just don't see a need for this at all.

Just now, Tennplugg said:

Report them to the RP Quality Team then? There's no reason to force people to write paragraphs about their stories if they already know it. I just don't see a need for this at all.

Now that you bring the RP quality team up, this would leave an interesting Avenue for them to check into, as well as FM.

Say I make a report in a scenario on a party, they'll have to follow up with the player, question them what they were doing or behaving and why is that so.

Another case, but here, they've got it all jotted out in this form. I make a report and right off the bat PLM can refer to the form, having a gist of the character is about, it'll help much easier for their judgement right off the bat.

I see what you mean, I'm not saying there's a need either or this should be a priority, but it'd be wrong to say it won't help with the issue at all and bring nothing fruitful.

• mj2002 locked this topic