Head damage / Death system.

zay

Whenever a someone gets shot in the head it is MOST of the time lethal realistically, but what about that 3% luck that some people have in the real world whenever they are shot in the head. I was thinking that the damage/death system should implement whenever your character is hit in the head or even the heart area it should guesstimate out of randomness if your character lives or dies.

In other words make head shots lethal about 97% of the time and the rest should be out of randomness if your character is lucky from getting a shot to the head.

This will make role play more dramatic and create various different role play situations.

It does seem kind of extra but I was thinking it would be really interesting to see this implemented.

• Upvote 2

Fully supported, right now it's quite ridiculous that the decision of whether you survive or die is up to the player, of course, the majority of players will decide to not die. It should be random whether you survive or not when you are shot in the head and/or torso. And there also needs to be a random timer to when you bleed out, as of right now, people will wait for help for a long time so that they don't lose their items.

For example, if you are shot in the head, you would have a 10% survival chance since a headshot could mean that the bullet touched the brain or maybe just the cheeks. If you do survive the headshot, you'll have from 8 to 12 minutes before you die, while if you get a shot to the torso, you'll have from 10 to 20 minutes. And these are just examples, with proper research and common sense you'll be able to set more appropriate numbers.

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 1

overwhelmingly agree.

i was going to make a similar suggestion that if you was shot more than once in your leg, your forced into a walk instead of running, because if you get a bullet in the leg, good luck running and vaulting walls. 

Edited by Mitch
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Fully supported, right now it's quite ridiculous that the decision of whether you survive or die is up to the player, of course, the majority of players will decide to not die. It should be random whether you survive or not when you are shot in the head and/or torso. And there also needs to be a random timer to when you bleed out, as of right now, people will wait for help for a long time so that they don't lose their items.

For example, if you are shot in the head, you would have a 10% survival chance since a headshot could mean that the bullet touched the brain or maybe just the cheeks. If you do survive the headshot, you'll have from 8 to 12 minutes before you die, while if you get a shot to the torso, you'll have from 10 to 20 minutes. And these are just examples, with proper research and common sense you'll be able to set more appropriate numbers.

Great Idea! I like how you elaborated this to a better analysis!

19 hours ago, zay said:

Whenever a someone gets shot in the head it is MOST of the time lethal realistically, but what about that 3% luck that some people have in the real world whenever they are shot in the head. I was thinking that the damage/death system should implement whenever your character is hit in the head or even the heart area it should guesstimate out of randomness if your character lives or dies.

In other words make head shots lethal about 97% of the time and the rest should be out of randomness if your character is lucky from getting a shot to the head.

This will make role play more dramatic and create various different role play situations.

It does seem kind of extra but I was thinking it would be really interesting to see this implemented.

A huge no from me. Not for the reasons I disagree with the lethality of head shots, we would be in agreement. The reason I never like these systems, is because it turns everyone on this server into basically a special forces operator who with only a Glock, is dumping on people from long ranges or has such perfect aim in the middle of a shootout that he bests the entire situation in only a few shots. If you are in a shootout on this game, your goal already from the start is to be the one who kills the other person which already leads to problems of realism and lack of fear or character portrayal as it is that we just have to groan about and deal with it as there is no real way to make that better. But if you add this, now everyone is just going to go in for Head Shots only because why wouldn't they? We already have the /damages script to see where people are hit when shot whether that be the arm, leg, whatever. That system should be used on headshots as it does give you a value on the severity of the damage, to RP from there and if there are issues in that RP then simply call for an admin to report powergame. 

If I could trust people on the server not to abuse the script and actually fire "center-mass," like people do in real life and have the headshots be purely a random chance of happening to get that lethality rate (As it's not easy to hit a target, even if you're trained to do it, just look at how many shots an infantryman in the army fires in a battle compared to how many hit the target they are firing at), I would have zero issues with this. But that's not how people operate here. The second you implement it, the second 16 year old Gomez who was just handed a pistol becomes a Delta Force Operator able to start bragging about how he pops everyone in the dome and is unbeatable with his pistol skills (Which is extremely unrealistic.) Is the current system perfect, no. But will this new system really make it that much better and no give more problems then it's worth? In my opinion, also no. And you have my reasons for that determination. 

Edited by Brett
17 hours ago, Brett said:

If I could trust people on the server not to abuse the script and actually fire "center-mass," like people do in real life

Lower the arm damage and you will. As it is, arm damage and torso damage are almost the same, which means that it doesn't really matter what you hit.

Lower arm damage to ~20, raise Torso and head damage to 50.

• mj2002 locked this topic