Realistic Legal and Illegal RP

Copacetic

Just now, Henning said:

the assets seized included more ammunition then weapon suppliers receive in a month, more carbine rifles then weapon suppliers receive in a month and a good amount of drugs.

first and foremost, in my personal opinion the comment was made entirely as an OOC jab. The player raided ended up getting banned after MGing the raid. Regardless, what law enforcement agency is going to significantly downplay a W as a “powerful idiot not on our radar” IDC if he was on your radar or not, you’d NEVER downplay that, if anything you’d play it up.

This just feeds into the never ending narrative that PD has dropped the ball as a faction and presents the most significant danger to the servers health out over every faction out here, you can’t even put out a professional press release!

It’s frustrating because I don’t know a single Illegal RPer who DOESNT want to see PD succeed in proper investigations, a good PD faction gives every illegal faction a quality adversary and this PD has dropped the ball.

It’s a shame, for a long time I had faith in PD, I thought leadership was making strides to make it a better faction and weed out the bad apples. But after the bullshit I experienced last night and other abysmal experiences this week? I only have one suggestion as this thread asks.

PD Command needs to re-evaluated, removed and replaced if necessary, Teamspeak needs to be scrapped entirely and education on Southern California specific gangs and criminal enterprise need to be introduced into PD training.

either we all play by the same rules or this continues to cause massive issues for the server. Period.

Like I said. One poorly written press release doesn't really repesent the entire faction and the person who wrote it was spoken to because when I also read it as someone who's recently left the faction, this clearly didn't read as something that is expected from that area of the department and it was rectified accordingly. No one needs to get removed or re-evaluated. That's a bit of a reach. 

8 hours ago, Shekh said:

Ah yes, i too remember that time irl when a cop aimed a gun and was firing while also using his radio simultaneously as he shot, it is very common. (Sarcasm)

If you think it is unreasonable for pd to correctly rp radios, you are the very problem im discussing

have you never seen cops shooting/getting shot at, while reaching to their shoulder/radio to yell for help. what do you suggest is the correct way to rp radios, lol.

23 minutes ago, Five-oh said:

have you never seen cops shooting/getting shot at, while reaching to their shoulder/radio to yell for help. what do you suggest is the correct way to rp radios, lol.

/me reaches up to his/her shoulder, yelling into his/her radio for help.

its really not that hard to RP properly, you’d be surprised how obvious it is when PD is talking OOCly in teamspeak. 

Edited by Henning
3 minutes ago, Henning said:

its really not that hard to RP properly, you’d be surprised how obvious it is when PD is talking OOCly in teamspeak. 

i doubt it. 

i just think there's a great double standard between what's expected from roleplayers with a criminal background vs law enforcement. i don't see anyone in an uproar when the former don't stop to type out in detail what their characters do during a shootout. it's commonly accepted to conclude the action parts and determine the outcome of a "hot" situation, before roleplay is resumed using text.

there is a time and place for in depth roleplay, a shootout, whether you like it or not, is mostly not a situation promoting it. i say mostly, because there are rare instances where the circumstances, or an extraordinary effort from both involved parties allow for it. 

1 hour ago, Five-oh said:

i doubt it. 

i just think there's a great double standard between what's expected from roleplayers with a criminal background vs law enforcement. i don't see anyone in an uproar when the former don't stop to type out in detail what their characters do during a shootout. it's commonly accepted to conclude the action parts and determine the outcome of a "hot" situation, before roleplay is resumed using text.

there is a time and place for in depth roleplay, a shootout, whether you like it or not, is mostly not a situation promoting it. i say mostly, because there are rare instances where the circumstances, or an extraordinary effort from both involved parties allow for it. 

Well criminals don't get sanctioned metagame, so they don't need to RP it? If they want to talk and communicate during a firefight, they have to do so through roleplay..

3 minutes ago, sio said:

Well criminals don't get sanctioned metagame, so they don't need to RP it? If they want to talk and communicate during a firefight, they have to do so through roleplay..

sounds like you're more worried about a level playing field than realism, in which case you could simply suggest that radio usage should have to be roleplayed at all times - which naturally would result in the usage of keybinds.

Just now, Five-oh said:

sounds like you're more worried about a level playing field than realism, in which case you could simply suggest that radio usage should have to be roleplayed at all times - which naturally would result in the usage of keybinds.

Which should be punished? It's not about "levelling the playing field", I'll just never understand why metagame is allowed in certain contexts. I think it's very immature of you to glean that intent from my words and then to accuse me of such a thing.

4 hours ago, Henning said:

i can't speak on behalf of PD but just so you know there's very strict rules on the usage of teamspeak within SD. teamspeak communication is kept to an absolute minimum; unless you're in a situation where it's impossible for you to type what you need to say and you have to get it out over voice, it'll be said in character.

if i pull a guy out of his car on a traffic stop and he blasts for me straight away, it's not exactly a possibility for me to stand there and get filled with 9mm whilst typing out a message requesting additionals over /r. i'd like there to be no teamspeak usage in the faction, but looking at it realistically it's not viable.

that said, all in all i've had mostly good interactions with illegal rpers. people seem to acknowledge what the LSSD is trying to represent in terms of the LASD in real life, and it all gels really well. you always get those cliques that roll around going "oye!!! fuck y'all county cops homey!!!" but it's part and parcel.

Edited by rams
  • Upvote 1

Getting rid of teamspeak isn't going to happen because it's simply not possible. Also, I've seen PLENTY of instances where criminals are coordinated and organized during a spontaneous shootout without ever having typed anything. Are we honestly going to sit here and say that teamspeak, discord and Skype aren't used in illegal circles? I hope not.

• Cara locked this topic