Realistic Legal and Illegal RP

Copacetic

People will always complain, and here's what I think about it... 

Let's say you roleplay around an area where the crime is SKY HIGH, where literally every traffic stop for anything INSIGNIFICANT turns into a shoot out, again, over a mere traffic incident that would be dealt with a fine at MOST, then you get people complaining there's police activity in their area 24/7. Well, maybe, food for thought … stop being so blatant?  

Those people who do that kind of stuff not only perjudicate themselves, but the roleplayers who are actually trying to portray a realistic character around the area.  What are cops supposed to do, ignore the daily shootouts in certain areas to give criminals a break?

On the other hand, I do agree I've seen a lot of questionable roleplay from the LEO side and I can understand some people being frustrated, but you've gotta see the situation from both perspectives…

I for one, being a LEO roleplayer, I avoid patrolling certain areas unless there's a situation going on, however, I wish that, as a LEO, you could actually try to interact with illegal roleplayers without encountering a “fuck you pig”, "fuck twelve", etcetera.

Edited by Sergi

Love it when I enter South LS to reapond to just one call I think is going to be just like 20-30 minutes long and I end up leaving 2 hours later because there's shots fired over and over and over again, think my record now for gunshot hopping is 15 different locations in less than a 20 minute timespan, and that was this week. 

With respect to your point about allowing illegal roleplayers room to breathe, where does that line stop? LSPD's Metropolitan Division run Crime Suppression Patrols; actively staying around Forum Drive, Brogue Avenue, Covenant Avenue, etc because it's only a matter of minutes before shots are fired.  

If a crime suppression patrol is around the corner from a shots fired, or, as happened yesterday, an officer was literally behind a car that performed a hit and the officer killed all 3 of the shooters, how do you "give them room to breathe" without it being completely unrealistic? 

I'm going to chime in with my own opinion on this one, people need to remember that they're playing a character who is a gang member or a career criminal or a character who is a police officer. Some of the best dynamic RP you get is the interactions between the two.

Not the oh thats a cop, gotta kill him or oh thats a criminal let's hang around the area I'm sure they'll do something mentality that seems to be appearing of late. At the end of the day there is far too much OOC bleed going into the way people see these conflicts, if a gang member sees police patrolling the area they are less likely to go and shoot someone on the street where they'll likely be caught quickly (Still happens in some cases), they'll wait for them to become vulnerable. At the same time if a gang continues to shoot up an area more and more police will arrive, each time bringing more and more resources. (There are also cases where an officer will go out of their way to harass a group)

What needs to be done is focus on portraying better characters, they're human, they have emotions, they have fears on top of whether or not they are a criminal, civilian or law enforcement officer.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
25 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I love it when people start a gang with literally 0 reputation and demand people to shiver in fear and terror at their mere presence while acting like a group of obnoxious teenage affiliate nobodies.

I cannot upvote this hard enough

I’ve had some very good interactions with Sureno and AB gangs on my LEO. However, I will say I found it extremely irritating for me and four other deputies to take our break and join in by watching and playing some basketball with some bangers on the backside of Chamberlain, only for that entire RP instance to be interrupted by a hit being happening in the parking lot less than 20 feet away from five deputies. 

Our attempt to get on a near humane level with some gang members and learn more about them was ruined by this. So to the suggestions above about PD/SD not respecting or willing to learn, it’s hard to do so when you’re constantly interrupted by shots ringing out. It’s not like we can ignore them, otherwise people stare at us and expect us to do the cops duty of running to the shots. I personally would like it if all the gangs weren’t crowded at Chamberlain, Davis, and Grove. Spread it out over the map so we don’t have a designated warzone...

used my phone for this, sorry for poor wording and typos

Edited by kestrelbirdman

I would not mind heavily adding that illegal roleplayers should prioritize LESS on utilizing their firearms as a means towards resolving conflict, as the amount of homicides within Compton, in 2019, was 498. If twenty individuals are shot on a weekly basis, then it sort of displays that we are overdoing shoot-outs and heavily relying on firearms to resolve disputes. 

Edited by DLimit
10 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I would not mind heavily adding that illegal roleplayers should prioritize LESS on utilizing their firearms as a means towards resolving conflict, as the amount of homicides within Compton, in 2019, was 498. If ten individuals are shot on a weekly basis, then it sort of displays that we are overdoing shoot-outs and heavily relying on firearms to resolve disputes. 

Agreed with this, there seems to be deadly shootings at least twice per day in the area that would be the IRL Compton, which would put LS shooting figure above 700 deadly shootings yearly, which is frankly ridiculous.

Edited by Lmao
  • Cara locked this topic