Realistic Legal and Illegal RP

Copacetic

7 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Plus the fact almost every update seems to be for PD. Even the ones that are presented to look like it’s for everyone are actually more beneficial to PD. So from most peoples perspective Admins, developers and gta w in general is beneficial to PD over the rest of us and even biased sometimes.

This is the main problem, when people see a new PD car every week but we have been promised a new drug system for a year now? Kinda shows why people are beginning to dislike PD.

I don't see how this is PD's fault and I certainly don't see how this comment will improve the situation for either side. Is your argument that if PD got less stuff that the RP surrounding them would improve? That's a hard case to sell. I think that PD gets stuff because it's needed for their faction. That doesn't negate the fact that illegal factions and scripts need updating too but, I don't see the connection. 

2 minutes ago, Copacetic said:

I don't see how this is PD's fault and I certainly don't see how this comment will improve the situation for either side. Is your argument that if PD got less stuff that the RP surrounding them would improve? That's a hard case to sell. I think that PD gets stuff because it's needed for their faction. That doesn't negate the fact that illegal factions and scripts need updating too but, I don't see the connection. 

No, Im just expressing how I know a lot of people feel. If we look at the changelog it is clear which side of the community gets more support. I feel that if illegal rpers had what they have been asking for implemented they’d feel like there’s less of a bias. 

As for solving the stuff with the bad rpers, that will always be a factor. The best we could do is have some more OOC rules surrounding the use of voice communications and such. Ive seen videos of PD speaking and saying their location mid shoot out when this wouldn’t be possible unless they have some bluetooth headset on. I can already predict people will say “report it”, but if something is the norm then rules need to be placed as reporting wont do anything without specific rules surrounding the topic.

Just now, Shekh said:

voice communications and such. Ive seen videos of PD speaking and saying their location mid shoot out when this wouldn’t be possible unless they have some bluetooth headset on.

This isn't necessarily the case. There are a number of reasons an officer may be able to talk mid shoot out. If they're in a vehicle, most cars have buttons near the steering wheel that can easily be pressed with a finger or thumb to allow transmissions. There are also buttons on the radio that if pressed allow continuous transmission without the officer having to hold down the PTT.

The problem with most street gang role players (as of current) is that a lot of their knowledge is out-dated and less-modern than regular times. There's no actual credible information that allows these factions to be better, or have an insight into real, modern gang-banging. The aggression against cops is bad, especially when it makes no sense and people are just overly aggressive for the sake of being weird. 

I sympathize with gang role players also though, as I can myself attest that there's been several instances of law enforcement role players leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths as they simply struggle to role play a genuine character, which sucks — it's important and it leaves long-term scars on peoples impressions of law enforcement role players and that definitely plays a part in the long-term issue. 

The most important aspect in any legal faction should be in-character community policing. Robotic dialogue and lack-luster effort when interacting with anyone not currently breaking any laws is detrimental to the outlook on any legal faction ever, and it's of utmost importance that faction leaders put emphasis on good dialogue and good character portrayal over anything else. 

It takes a good role player to make someone else good — take that in your stride if you're reading this. If a new player joins this community and follows someone bad, with out-dated knowledge on a genre of role play, or a counter-productive mindset — they will adapt that entire mentality and continue to cause a problem. If a player joins this community and follows someone good, they will end up good and push that trend onto others. Easier said than done but it's true, and I've seen it. 

My gripe (from someone who has role played in the confinements of prison, jail and law enforcement solely) is that DIALOGUE between a cop and a criminal needs to be relaxed and cool. I don't enjoy chasing people, I don't enjoy shooting people but I enjoy talking and getting involved in the nitty-gritty role play and intricacies  of character development. Gang units within law enforcement factions (and Detectives overall) are so, so important.

In the context of gangs:

If a gang unit within a law enforcement faction puts emphasis on community policing, interacting with gang neighborhoods, the politics, the shot callers, the drug-dealers, the OGs and the teens rather than focusing on the sole-goal of arresting people and reducing gang crime... I assure you all, this would change the outlook on this entire server.

Shooting the shit with gang members, asking how they're doing, what they've been up to, being cool and casual is really, really enjoyable. It's one of my pet-peeves that I commonly see with people in both law enforcement factions and it's something that is slowly being changed but Rome wasn't built in a day. 

I also think a lot of the current street gangs are bad, so it takes two to tango. A lot of the Hispanic gangs I've encountered have always left a bad taste in my mouth due to character and genre portrayal — back to my previous point of outdated information and no one good leading these individuals to be better. Trends make people good, it just takes time to find someone with a good trend to follow. 

Remember that your character isn't gang-banging 24/7, 365 days — they have jobs, families, commitments, relationship issues, personalities and traits and so much more. Make a character that feels, acts and seems real to anyone you're around, make people believe there's substance in the background of your characters (even if there isnt) and you will enjoy your time much, much more. 

Edited by owen
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Westen said:

This isn't necessarily the case. There are a number of reasons an officer may be able to talk mid shoot out. If they're in a vehicle, most cars have buttons near the steering wheel that can easily be pressed with a finger or thumb to allow transmissions. There are also buttons on the radio that if pressed allow continuous transmission without the officer having to hold down the PTT.

No. I mean literally they’re on foot pulling a trigger and shooting and are meanwhile telling other officers their location. I have seen this and can even link videos if you’d like.

18 minutes ago, Shekh said:

No. I mean literally they’re on foot pulling a trigger and shooting and are meanwhile telling other officers their location. I have seen this and can even link videos if you’d like.

I have also seen videos of PD fucking around off duty while still sitting in voice chat playing on the server, If we're gonna act like teamspeak is this tool used to emulate police radio com's, there should be rules in place to stop this very obvious abuse, be it accidental or not. I'm not allowed to speak in voice, even if me and my faction members have radios IC so the LEAST PD can do is enforce rules so that people are RPing these calls through /me's and /do's instead of running around with telekinesis. 

Edited by Henning
14 minutes ago, Shekh said:

that's not entirely unreasonable, and has definitely happened irl. only difference being, that the urgency and struggle isn't exactly portrayed on teamspeak. i think that's where your expectations become a little unreasonable.

45 minutes ago, owen said:

Remember that your character isn't gang-banging 24/7, 365 days — they have jobs, families, commitments, relationship issues, personalities and traits and so much more. Make a character that feels, acts and seems real to anyone you're around, make people believe there's substance in the background of your characters (even if there isnt) and you will enjoy your time much, much more. 

This, this, this. I feel like this is forgotten by a lot of people. 100% agreed.

Edited by Giles
46 minutes ago, Five-oh said:

that's not entirely unreasonable, and has definitely happened irl. only difference being, that the urgency and struggle isn't exactly portrayed on teamspeak. i think that's where your expectations become a little unreasonable.

Ah yes, i too remember that time irl when a cop aimed a gun and was firing while also using his radio simultaneously as he shot, it is very common. (Sarcasm)

If you think it is unreasonable for pd to correctly rp radios, you are the very problem im discussing

Edited by Shekh

So, I'm one of the people in the LSPD that has been tasked with coordinating "Gang Enforcement" efforts across the entire city on a day to day basis. This is not a task that is easy nor will it ever be a task that can be deemed "complete". I myself come from an illegal roleplaying background and have roleplayed in quite a few different gangs/organizations over my years of playing on servers like GTA World. There are quite a few issues on both the legal and illegal side of things. 

While I certainly understand that there are members of law enforcement on this server that do tend to stick around dangerous areas and do seem to just want to pester/annoy illegal roleplayers, trust me when I say that this is NOT the directive that myself (Gang Enforcement Coordinator) or anyone within the division above me when it comes to how we interact with gang members. I personally have instructed gang officers and even some intelligence officers who are interested in assisting that we need to practice community policing strategies whenever possible. To say that this does not already exist on this server is laughable, there are plenty of casual conversations that are had between our team and folks in south central every single day. Not every officer on this server is going to operate in the same manner, and that should be considered a good thing, but when criminal organizations/gangs continue to exhibit violent/unlawful behavior in a specific area, you can expect to feel the presence of law enforcement in that area.

The fact of the matter is that without a combined effort from both legal and illegal roleplayers to do better, there will always be a "fuck twelve" or "fuck gangbanger" mentality in communities like ours. Just my .02. If you have any OOC questions, comments, or concerns about the LSPD's gang enforcement initiatives, feel free to shoot me a PM. 

• Cara locked this topic