The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

11 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

To piggy back off of @honey.'s statement, here is a graph of jail hours and how they've been improving in the long term. As you can see it is not perfect, but over the last 8 months while our faction has gained approximately 60-80 members we've added on nearly 800 hours monthly in the jail with no signs of slowing down or stagnating. 

imageonline-co-linechart.png

Where can I buy some JA coins?

• Applaud 1

We've actually forwarded two of them to developers and FM to review and start working on ASAP and we've assigned deputies to review and update about 5 other internal / quality of life things. We're actively working with developers / fm / mapeprs on several projects, but obviously things like this take time. Doubly so when the devs / modders are working on major updates like the drug script and solving various server issues. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

We've actually forwarded two of them to developers and FM to review and start working on ASAP and we've assigned deputies to review and update about 5 other internal / quality of life things. We're actively working with developers / fm / mapeprs on several projects, but obviously things like this take time. Doubly so when the devs / modders are working on major updates like the drug script and solving various server issues. 

Would be good to get some feedback from TTCF's leadership on the segregation matter (which I've brought up in this topic https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=13309). I believe that it's a really difficult thing to actually portray correctly, but it's at least worth discussing.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest, the SD is starting to grow a little too much IMO, letting mallrats in etc; I know some amazing people from the LSSD so of course this isn't a broad spectrum, just a couple few odd-ones out. I think you guys should stop opening indefinitely, but open for a week or 2 at a time. Obviously just a suggestion and just my thoughts.

Might be somewhat of a biased opinion or comment, but still wanna put some effort in for the people who are reading the comments and thinking whether to try or not the roleplay that the Sheriff's Department provides to the community. Been in the faction for a couple of months now, so here's my take on the experiences I've had so far.

The faction leadership, and that's not just a singular person, have been continuously working and putting effort into the faction around the clock. Whether bringing feedback to the people who are a part of the faction, or pointing out the areas that must improve moving forward. The fact that they acknowledge the issues brought to them, they take those issues seriously and find a proper solution is how this faction grows and develops for the better. Over the last couple of pages, they have outlined some changes (i.e., OSJ) and how they affect not just the faction, but the jail roleplay altogether. There's no doubt that there will always be room for improvement, there will always be some errors along the way, but it has been improving; more people spend more time in TTCF roleplaying together with inmates, whether it results in death or not, people are keen on getting themselves involved. Even though the deputies act like a catalyst for the roleplay, over the last couple of weeks I have experienced that inmates are also taking a step towards facilitating some of their roleplay to the deputies, so this exchange between the two is healthy and makes it even more interesting. 

I really like how inmates, even if they aren't roleplaying permanently jailed character contribute to the growth and expansion of the jail roleplay altogether. For example, some of the ideas are extremely well written and shows that the community is willing to give it a try (ref. here), instead of continuously complaining and showing dissatisfaction over the fact that their character has been put behind bars. Over the last couple of months, since I joined the faction, I have been involved in numerous roleplay situations whether they are in jail setting or outside on patrol, and every day I want to return back to doing the same; getting myself more and more involved. 

If you're someone who wants to experience law enforcement roleplay and never has done it before, there are of course other factions that are great for it too (i.e., LSPD or SAPR), but the Sheriff's Department gives that extra experience when being continuously surrounded by the inmates in prison, but then you also have the patrol to it as well. I was also told to say that we are the LASD, but I'll leave it up to you to determine. The faction has grown a lot over the last months and it is great to see, meet new people from different backgrounds, but more importantly, the roleplay standards and expectations remain high in the faction which shows how important it is for faction leadership to ensure that this faction provides high-quality, immersive law enforcement roleplay experience to everyone. 

🙏🙏🙏

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
15 hours ago, hotcheetos said:

To be honest, the SD is starting to grow a little too much IMO, letting mallrats in etc; I know some amazing people from the LSSD so of course this isn't a broad spectrum, just a couple few odd-ones out. I think you guys should stop opening indefinitely, but open for a week or 2 at a time. Obviously just a suggestion and just my thoughts.

I appreciate the feedback. If you, or anyone has a concern about the RP quality of any SD members please let us know. 99% of the recruits that get into the SD are top tier, and 70% of applicants into the SD are denied (as per Q1 statistics) but unfortunately some people slip through. Our first goal is to teach them to improve and in fact many of our longstanding members are reformed mallrats. That being said, if someone fails to improve or learn proper roleplay then they're quickly removed.

b05b7e43dedba174082986d0b2d285ec.png

So the following is a snippet from a scene with an Emergency Service Detail Paramedic. The following is with an unconscious patient. My question is really, how is this level of medical detail appropriate?

For context, I'm an EMT-B irl certified, and I barely understand end tidal carbon dioxide readings. Mostly just what's bad. The actual mechanics I kinda understand as I'm enrolling into Paramedic school, but that level of knowledge is extremely advance.

What I'm saying is, this level of inane medical detail is terrible for roleplay quality from the patient's end, the vast majority of people irl do not know that much about medical knowledge, and detail's added of how it works in () do not adequately explain the mechanics to a layperson. Partial pressure? What causes the partial pressure? What does it mean if it's high or low? What's a mmHg, all of this has to be explained. And this can STRETCH scenes out from 20 minutes to an hour, delaying everyone around you.

This is troubling mostly because it makes people not want to roleplay with Paramedics server wide, our goal is to simplify these procedures to make the average person receptive and able to respond reasonably. This is far too complicated for a roleplay server.

I get the goal is 'medical' depth and realism. But this is far too much.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 3
1 minute ago, KinnyWynny said:

b05b7e43dedba174082986d0b2d285ec.png

So the following is a snippet from a scene with an Emergency Service Detail Paramedic. The following is with an unconscious patient. My question is really, how is this level of medical detail appropriate?

For context, I'm an EMT-B irl certified, and I barely understand end tidal carbon dioxide readings. Mostly just what's bad. The actual mechanics I kinda understand as I'm enrolling into Paramedic school, but that level of knowledge is extremely advance.

What I'm saying is, this level of inane medical detail is terrible for roleplay quality from the patient's end, the vast majority of people irl do not know that much about medical knowledge, and detail's added of how it works in () do not adequately explain the mechanics to a layperson. Partial pressure? What causes the partial pressure? What does it mean if it's high or low? What's a mmHg, all of this has to be explained. And this can STRETCH scenes out from 20 minutes to an hour, delaying everyone around you.

This is troubling mostly because it makes people not want to roleplay with Paramedics server wide, our goal is to simplify these procedures to make the average person receptive and able to respond reasonably. This is far too complicated for a roleplay server.

I get the goal is 'medical' depth and realism. But this is far too much.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:19 AM, Bospy said:

In addition, you're welcome to make general points or bring things up about the faction.

However, respectfully, I do ask that if you have problems with roleplay quality or specific individuals, you instead forward that information to my inbox. Airing out dirty laundry in a public setting outside of a forum report is not an acceptable format for those sorts of complaints. If you have complaints about specific individual's roleplay quality, you are welcome to put them forward to @Jonesy or @Keane

Edited by DomThomson
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 3
7 minutes ago, DomThomson said:

However, respectfully, I do ask that if you have problems with roleplay quality or specific individuals, you instead forward that information to my inbox. Airing out dirty laundry in a public setting outside of a forum report is not an acceptable format for those sorts of complaints. If you have complaints about specific individual's roleplay quality, you are welcome to put them forward to @Jonesy or @Keane

I don't have an issue with specific roleplay quality. This is how ESD Paramedics are trained, and I have nothing against the Paramedic who made the emote. I have an issue with the standards of how complicated this training is.

EDIT: To add to that, I'm not pointing this out as poor roleplay, I'm pointing it out as needlessly complicated, and generally hurtful to the patient roleplayer. This level of complication makes scenes go far past there respectable time limit, and this is a faction issue, not a specific roleplayer issue. This is how ESD Paramedics are trained, and this level of detail is detrimental to a smooth flowing scene.

We only have a few hours a day to roleplay.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Applaud 1

Thanks for the concern, in response to the specific issue I'm alright with more advanced terms being used as long as the player understands them to the point where they can "dumb it down" for the average player as required. More advanced stuff like this is actually frequently requested by members of the community who are tired of the simple patching bullet wounds with minimal return. Our Emergency Services Detail was created by real life firefighters and paramedics and the goal of it is to make it as immersive as possible while still being accessible to the general community if they need things explained in layman's terms.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic