The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

SD should focus on the custody side a little bit more. I can think of maybe like five people that are fully dedicated to jail roleplay.

Thanks for the feedback, we have mandatory jail requirements and are currently undergoing the process of filling TTCF's chain of command which will bolster consistent activity and provide a basis for faction members to get more invested in the jail. In addition, we're looking at a complete revamp of the jail including custom objects to make quality of life better for both inmates and deputies. 

5 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

SD should focus on the custody side a little bit more. I can think of maybe like five people that are fully dedicated to jail roleplay.

I try to hop in jail and get as many people on within the day times, it's quite a good laugh

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I still hope that with enough players we can have correctional officer exclusive rank one day, someone who will be working as that.

There is! We have custody assistants who are non-sworn members of the LSSD who are exlusively jail and custody specific. We have minimal activity requirements (amounts to about an hour per week, ballpark) so it's great for alternative characters or to dip your feet into the other side. 

Just now, Jonesy said:

There is! We have custody assistants who are non-sworn members of the LSSD who are exlusively jail and custody specific. We have minimal activity requirements (amounts to about an hour per week, ballpark) so it's great for alternative characters or to dip your feet into the other side. 

Oh alright then, I stand corrected. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Thanks for the feedback, we have mandatory jail requirements and are currently undergoing the process of filling TTCF's chain of command which will bolster consistent activity and provide a basis for faction members to get more invested in the jail. In addition, we're looking at a complete revamp of the jail including custom objects to make quality of life better for both inmates and deputies. 

Any chance you could shed more light on the jail assignment being mandatory? I'm talking to my friends in SD and they stated that the only thing that gets people to actually work custody duties was $2k more at each paycheck rather than a quota that has to be met? Because, as I already said - it's very rare to come across deputies who roleplay there longterm and don't show up only when a brawl kicks off.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Any chance you could shed more light on the jail being mandatory? I'm talking to my friends in SD and they stated that the only thing that gets people to actually work custody duties was $2k more at each paycheck rather than a quota that has to be met?

We, as a faction, enforce everyone to meet at least 5 hours within the jail each month. This means regardless of rank, people must be contributing to keep it active. Last month we were meeting over 700 hours, iirc, total between everyone in the faction spent purely on jail roleplay. The command team for TTCF is constantly working to implement more opportunities to roleplay around. For example, Operation Safe Jails, basically a detective team dedicated purely to aiding roleplay in the jail. This is a new project that was launched this month, so it may be some time before we can show the impacts of it.

To piggy back off of @honey.'s statement, here is a graph of jail hours and how they've been improving in the long term. As you can see it is not perfect, but over the last 8 months while our faction has gained approximately 60-80 members we've added on nearly 800 hours monthly in the jail with no signs of slowing down or stagnating. 

imageonline-co-linechart.png

Edited by Jonesy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic