The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

6 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I find it ironic how people cry "bad portrayal" when they feel they're oppressed by shady law enforcement tactics, not realizing that's exactly how you SHOULD feel when in conflict with police, especially against departments that emulate both the LAPD/SD. Despite your urge to win OOC you're never gonna win against the cops IRL.

Any other year before 2020 I could maybe understand not knowing or seeing the horrendous shit police might pull but we've basically had an entire year's worth of footage you can easily find by googling anything George Floyd related.

I posted it before but I'll post it again just in case it was missed...

https://2020policebrutality.netlify.app/

Filter by California - you'll have an entire list of videos and incidents, the times they happened and where.

Much more accurate video regarding this point, the actual LASD taking part in this:

(once again more shocking footage, watch at your own risk.)

Yes there are bad police, but not every single police officer in the server should stand by that and roleplay a bad cop. I’m sick of hearing excuses saying “yeah well it’s happened before!” Yeah no shit, does that mean everyone needs to roleplay a brutal corrupt cop? No. 

18 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

Yes there are bad police, but not every single police officer in the server should stand by that and roleplay a bad cop. I’m sick of hearing excuses saying “yeah well it’s happened before!” Yeah no shit, does that mean everyone needs to roleplay a brutal corrupt cop? No. 

Under 10% of our faction have corruption permission in any way shape or form (including very minor stuff like smoking pot and other minor activities that enhance roleplay) and the vast majority roleplay 'good' cops as required by our corruption guidelines. Every single one of the people in the SD are required to roleplay a realistic California-esque cop as part of their continued participation in the faction. Perhaps this concept is being misconstrued with everyone being corrupt?

The goal of this thread is to help answer questions but apparently there's three people who are unable to read the plethora of evidence and reasoning being provided to them by faction leadership, faction management, and illegal roleplayers and just continue to stand their ground and make baseless accusations. We're more than willing to explain it but there's only so many times the same response can be repeated.

Edited to fix some statistics / clarify.

Edited by Jonesy
9 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Under 10% of our faction have corruption permission in any way shape or form (including very minor stuff like smoking pot and other minor activities that enhance roleplay) and the vast majority roleplay 'good' cops as required by our corruption guidelines. Every single one of the people in the SD are required to roleplay a realistic California-esque cop as part of their continued participation in the faction. Perhaps this concept is being misconstrued with everyone being corrupt?

The goal of this thread is to help answer questions but apparently there's three people who are unable to read the plethora of evidence and reasoning being provided to them by faction leadership, faction management, and illegal roleplayers and just continue to stand their ground and make baseless accusations. We're more than willing to explain it but there's only so many times the same response can be repeated.

Edited to fix some statistics / clarify.

Really odd statement, considering I've witnessed/experienced beatings by 10 different deputies, and my general sense of corruption within the faction (through character stories, FB, general IC info and abuse/corruption reports IC) tells me there's somewhere around 50 corrupt deputies? Are there 500+ SD characters?

edit: And there's signs of your IA being corrupt aswell, considering reports against deputies have gone nowhere even with IC video footage.

Edited by cracked
3 minutes ago, cracked said:

Really odd statement, considering I've witnessed/experienced beatings by 10 different deputies, and my general sense of corruption within the faction (through character stories, FB, general IC info and abuse/corruption reports IC) tells me there's somewhere around 50 corrupt deputies? Are there 500+ SD characters?

edit: And there's signs of your IA being corrupt aswell, considering reports against deputies have gone nowhere even with IC video footage.

If your general sense comes with evidence or anything more substantial than a gut feeling, we'd be more than interested to review your report on those members. Bare in mind getting roughed up in TTCF (within reason, an extra smack after a disagreement or whatever) is not counted under corruption. I encourage you to review the videos posted here of the reality of LA County Prisons and that'll give you an example of what we emulated when we created the faction.

And as for Internal Affairs, in no way shape or form can our internal affairs group be "corrupt". I welcome any evidence being sent over and the Executive Staff and myself will handle it promptly. 

10 minutes ago, cracked said:

What do you consider corruption? Kicking someone who's resisting? 

1 hour ago, Bospy said:

Who's gonna run it?

There's people who could but I don't want to see a third faction. LSSD is fine lmao.

The problem is honestly not as big as some people are making it out to be. Do not confine LSSD to the county or the LSPD to the city.

If any major issues arive, we have a DA, a special counsel, a lieutenant governor, a judicial system, a legislative system and a city government that ALSO acts out of a county government capacity.

There are TONS of IC means of appeal.

Then if it IS an OOC issue (RP quality etc) you can report individual players either to admins or faction leadership.

Exhaust these before complaining to LFM.

SD has amazing role players and it has some worse ones. Just like any other faction will.

Edited by BjornV
42 minutes ago, cracked said:

There's a difference between corruption and just being a douchebag cop. Most of the deputies in my eyes only fit into the latter category. LSSD, just like the LASD is a good old boys club. Somebody resists a little? Hit's a cop? They're going to beat their ass. They aren't going around planting evidence or committing crimes together. 

Please tell me, did LSSD handcuff people then spray mace directly in their face at point blank? Did they drive around in patrol cars taking potshots with rubber bullets at protesters? Did they just refuse to stop answering calls in Blaine County or Davis? Did they fire pepper balls at Sandy shore residents just standing on their front porch? Did they beat protesters with riot shields? Did they arrest reporters? Did they point at burning buildings and laugh about it? See these are all things I witnessed or experienced first hand. In real life at the hands of American Law enforcement.

Don't get me wrong, LSSD walks the line between good and bad cops pretty frequently. But lets make one thing clear, a lot of American Law Enforcement, are giant pieces of shit. They're portrayal, although you might not enjoy it is pretty spot on for what they are trying to offer the server. You should be glad they don't push for one to one realism with their IRL counterpart:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/us/lee-baca-prison.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-fbi-investigating-sheriff-20190711-story.html

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/fbi-investigating-alleged-secret-society-of-los-angeles-county-sheriffs-deputies/147789/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/former-la-sheriff-s-deputy-found-guilty-lying-fbi-agents-part-cover-attack-visitor-men

https://laist.com/2019/07/11/the_fbi_is_investigating_controversial_banditos_and_other_cliques_in_la_sheriffs_department.php

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/paul-tanaka-former-no-2-los-angeles-sheriff-s-department-sentenced-five-years-federal

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, Stiggz said:

You're not wrong but we're talking about protests turned violent, not your average traffic stop.

Read a few pages back if you've missed the topic. 

30 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You're not wrong but we're talking about protests turned violent, not your average traffic stop.

Read a few pages back if you've missed the topic. 

From what I’ve heard, the SD drove people out at sea and made them swim back to land? When has that ever been done?

10 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

From what I’ve heard, the SD drove people out at sea and made them swim back to land? When has that ever been done?

Someone got pushed into shallow water, no one got driven by boat into the middle of the ocean and abandoned. Big difference between the two. It's easy to word things much worse than they are.

Edited by Dingus
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic