The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

@Nikki

"The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals."

This isn't entirely accurate. There is a lot of interdynamic relationships that come to play in TTCF as well as politics that go both ways for both criminals and SD. I also think you roleplay as a Female so your experience of TTCF will be completely different from Male roleplayers who engage actively in the racial politics as well as the jail hierarchy.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Nikki said:

If they just confined themselves to the county and actually made the prison more active instead .

it's a jail for fucks sake how many more times

And having two agencies in the same area increases the risk of conflict which drives character and story development, creating good roleplay. It's also realistic. 

Your stubborn refusal to research anything before you make these criticisms is so obnoxious.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

After a good read of the recent posts after the riot incidents, I've came to the following conclusion :

It baffles me that the same people who have decided to throw trash at me in the past in my forum threads are yet again throwing trash onto this. It's quite literally the same group of people who all RP a certain way.

Where am I getting with this? I'm saying that there's 2 issues. that the same people keep repeating over and over again in these kind of threads :

- The "Play to win" mentality. People like to go around with an OOC mindset of just winning, making the most cash IC, the most reputation IC, having the best everything IC. This has been the case with the recent events, as people thought that they were untouchable despite their criminal actions and not taking into account that EVERYONE is a different human being, and everyone react differently, and most of the times, NOT in your favor. They don't know how to cope OOCly whenever they have something IC happen to them because they thought nothing could happen. Where does this lead them? It leads to OOC fights, reports, tantrums, etc, because, let's say you lose your car IC due to IC reasons, you just go "oh well, it was IC. Stuff happens." This people instead of doing that decides to take OOC action to recover their vehicle, by all means possible.

- Having no experience in the matter. This is also very big, people don't know how SD works. They don't know how it's administrated, how corruption works, etc, so they decide to jump to conclusions or be passive-aggressive while asking about how it works, expecting that the answer works in their favor, and when it doesn't they jump to another topic.

Thankfully, we have quite some good people here like @BINGBONGGHOST @DjoleK @Airforce @Jonesy @Keane @.Pluto. @honey.and lamb ( Some others aswell, like Archenaux and everyone's who's helped by being respectful, teaching uninformed users. ) who are willing to respectfully (very important. I myself couldn't have been so patient with these people.) explain how it works to them and strive forward despite the bad image that those certain groups of inviduals are spreading around. Keep strong boys!

Nothing but kind words to SD and everyone who participates in it, making it the beautiful department that it is today. Props to those who've RP'd with SD in a correct manner, not crying oocly about IC actions. 

I am still shocked how people misunderstand the term "County". Los Santos County Sheriff's Department doesn't mean they can operate only in villages and whatever. Same with Los Santos County District Attorney's Office. That totally doesn't mean that I can prosecute only rednecks. And it doesn't mean that SD can't patrol in the city. It means in the whole LOS SANTOS COUNTY, city + villages and other stuff.

By the way, if we manage to form task forces, that are being discussed for the past few days, I'm looking forward to participate in great roleplay with SD detectives again. 

Just now, .Pluto. said:

I am still shocked how people misunderstand the term "County". Los Santos County Sheriff's Department doesn't mean they can operate only in villages and whatever. Same with Los Santos County District Attorney's Office. That totally doesn't mean that I can prosecute only rednecks. And it doesn't mean that SD can't patrol in the city. It means in the whole LOS SANTOS COUNTY, city + villages and other stuff.

By the way, if we manage to form task forces, that are being discussed for the past few days, I'm looking forward to participate in great roleplay with SD detectives again. 

Task forces? Detective? Count me in boy. New SD char ( possibly corrupt ) coming soon. Will also be doing a char thread on him so that the char's development is public, so people can actually observe the amount of work that goes behind a (corrupt) SD member.

• Upvote 1

We are starting to receive an influx of reports on this thread. Can we please keep in mind to remain respectful to one and another despite the differ in opinions, discussion is great and what helps us achieve bigger things in this community but it still needs to uphold a standard. 

for real man, why is the LASD patrolling Florence(Roy Lowenstein)? It's within da city !!!

oh man, why is LASD in holywood(vinewood)!?!?!?!?!!?!?

WHY IS LASD IN COMPTON(DAVIS)!?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Edited by RufioCas
On 1/31/2021 at 7:48 AM, Nikki said:

snip

Most of the things you brought up were things that my character did, Richard Douglas, the character is a brute-asshole that was originally sympathetic to the protesters' cause until they started pouring spoiled milk over his head, lobbed insults at him to no end, etc. Was what Richard did vile and unnecessary? Absolutely, but most of the players involved from the other side PMed me afterwards and told me that they enjoyed the roleplay, and that I should 'Never stop roleplaying Richard as being an ass hole', to paraphrase.  The event was very enjoyable and I believe led to a lot of character development for most involved.

31 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

So, are you saying that we modify the lore, Blaine County to make it be considered also as Los Santos County, therefore we only have one county, and Paleto Bay is also apart of Los Santos County? New knowledge to me I never leant OOC or IC after a few hundred hours here.

Rockstar squeezed as much as it could into GTA V. The geographical lore does not make sense.

21 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Ergo; click here

• Wuhtah locked this topic