The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

56 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

@Bospy (Im on my phone and it freaks out when I try to quote you)

Longevity and membership aside, what is it providing to the server that the LSPD and SAPR aren't already providing? Sure, the SAPR is the most junior of the 3 but lets say SD just got deleted off the server right now - would there be any noticeable impact? 

imageonline-co-linechart.png

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
4 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

I didn't know such metrics were tracked. Very cool. You guys should share these more often. 

Why...though? It'd be the same if we'd demand activity from any criminal RP. Like I said, only because you had a sloppy development in SD, doesn't mean everyone in here are having a bad time, me as a new dude in LEO scene...this thing is great and inspiring, that whole pride and honor thing, it's dope. I don't know why you hating on SD, I don't wanna sound rude my dude, but you got issues. 

37 minutes ago, State of Mine said:

Why...though? It'd be the same if we'd demand activity from any criminal RP. 

Complimenting a neatly made chart and saying it would be cool if that information was shared more is not the same as demanding that it be done. 

The LSSD is in a very good place from an IC and OOC perspective. They serve their primary role, albeit through mandatory jail hours, and they provide an extremely solid Law Enforcement agency that has a different culture and feel to it than the LSPD. To answer the question, yes, there would be a significant difference should the LSSD be removed from the server and hopefully that never happens. The LSSD, much like its real-life counterpart the LASD, has its jurisdiction over the Los Santos County. The city of Los Santos resides within the Los Santos County so saying that the faction’s focus should be in the more rural parts of the map alone is wrong from the get-go and what is being portrayed here, despite this even I as someone in the LSPD respond to county calls sometimes and I’ve personally always seen Sheriff’s presence on the scene when I’d arrived, though your experience may be a little different to mine. Naturally. The last thing we need is LSRP style jurisdictional disputes which do nothing but take away from the realism aspect.

From my experience, whenever I pop into TTCF, I always see a prison guard or a few of them around. I believe the prison activity has definitely risen, same for the county presence. I often pass by Deputies patrolling the county now.

• Applaud 1
5 hours ago, SugarDavis said:

@Bospy (Im on my phone and it freaks out when I try to quote you)

Longevity and membership aside, what is it providing to the server that the LSPD and SAPR aren't already providing? Sure, the SAPR is the most junior of the 3 but lets say SD just got deleted off the server right now - would there be any noticeable impact? 

You'd lose a large amount of time spent into creating a law enforcement faction that realistically mirrors the culture of the largest US Sheriff's department to minor details such as grooming policy. Almost two hundred players would lose their preferred outlet for LEO roleplay and many more would miss the deputies they get to interact with.

You'd also lose the ability to tell people such as myself to suck start a shotgun.

8 hours ago, Jonesy said:

The LSSD has never been mandated to patrol the rural areas, that is a held over belief from lsrp that we are beholden to some random jurisdictional lines or arbitrary separation that isn't present in real life.

Well, yes and no. Law enforcement agencies (and all public safety agencies) have specific zones for which they are primarily responsible and must ensure adequate coverage. So following that practice LSSDs primary responsibility would be providing coverage to areas not serviced by another agency (LSPD, SAPR), and secondary to that, assisting in other zones when said assistance is required. 

I was in LSSD, I have no issue with them being in city, but speaking purely from principal, in theory if 3 Deputies are on patrol late at night and let's say, 5 LSPD. At least two of those deputies should be covering the county. 

11 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

Well, yes and no. Law enforcement agencies (and all public safety agencies) have specific zones for which they are primarily responsible and must ensure adequate coverage. So following that practice LSSDs primary responsibility would be providing coverage to areas not serviced by another agency (LSPD, SAPR), and secondary to that, assisting in other zones when said assistance is required. 

I was in LSSD, I have no issue with them being in city, but speaking purely from principal, in theory if 3 Deputies are on patrol late at night and let's say, 5 LSPD. At least two of those deputies should be covering the county. 

Barring the constant shooting that draws people in for backup inevitably we typically have 2 or 3 people in rural areas though they're quite spread out so you don't see them as often as you would in Vespucci or Davis. We're quite active with groups of illegal and civilian rural roleplayers and we often get praise for the roleay quality in sandy shores and whatnot from the people who roleplay there. I think it's important to note that the majority of concerns and complaints are from people who do not roleplay in these areas. And if we're going off of real life as an example, the LASD patrols vast swaths of Los Angeles exclusively. We're obviously not portraying that, and while we seek to provide leo roleplay to rural areas (which on average is slower paced and higher quality so we tend to prefer it) the lssd's only mandated "task" oocly is to provide jail rp. And out of any "similar" roleplay server our "part time" model has provided the most active jail by catering to both die hard jail deputies and those who want a more balanced approach. I don't disagree with your point that we should constantly have deputies doing circles around 2 or 3 gang neighborhoods, and in fact we have multiple units specifically dedicated to roleplaying in the rural areas when they're populated during peak time. 

(Forgive any spelling or grammar errors, I'm on mobile!)

Edited by Jonesy
  • Upvote 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic