The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

@Bospy (Im on my phone and it freaks out when I try to quote you)

Longevity and membership aside, what is it providing to the server that the LSPD and SAPR aren't already providing? Sure, the SAPR is the most junior of the 3 but lets say SD just got deleted off the server right now - would there be any noticeable impact? 

46 minutes ago, State of Mine said:

Hello. As a individual that was mainly in the criminal role-play, and having pretty bad narratives on the whole police thing, after joining the department out of a principle matter...I've come to realize that, it's not what it seems when you're on the other side. There are so many things that are going on and from what I can tell, department is doing its best to recruit more deputies to possess the necessary amount of deputies to cover the map. It ain't that simple, there's a process that we have to go through, gentlemen. And me, as somebody who never done any law enforcement role-play, it takes a minute for guys like me to get a hang of it until I'm in a spot to patrol all by myself, and there are lots of us who are doing our best to get out of the baby-shoes. 

Regarding the 911's and nobody "responding to you", you see...if you was in the SD for at least a day, you'd see how many calls we get, and frankly...I'm shocked how wild it gets for the PD & SD at the same time and after being on few patrols, I see how crazy scenes are and how heavily understaffed both departments are,..when we are getting few dozen calls in an hour. And if you know anything about law enforcement, most of the time we spend securing the scene and asking statements, we don't just show up to one scene and move on to the next one, we kind of wanna role-play as well, and not be on some weird robocop thing. We joined the department to experience a realistic law enforcement experience, and to those who never done any of that...this is a great experience...but going off bashing SD because we are busy on scene with multiple wounded or handling some perimeter. It takes times, we aren't machines or NPC's to be "there" when you expect us to be there. Only because your role-play didn't go as planned because sheriff's don't show up, don't mean its our fault. 

You do realize, in the real world...you wait sometimes up-to 45 minutes to like...1 hour to get a unit to handle the call, sometimes...they don't even show up. Which is understandable, given the fact that...a lot of stuff is going on. Not to mention, when we got wild situations with multiple shooters in South Central, multiple shot law enforcement personnel, the department gonna pull its resources to focus that hot-zone as it gotten out of hands.  It's impossible for us to handle all the 911's, it ain't that simple. Yes, we are sheriff's department...and yes, we do try to handle calls in the county, but most of the time...all the major incidences with deputy involved shooting happen in the city, and when deputy is shot...we show up to assist and we show our strength in numbers, its kind of what...what law enforcement does.

In Chicago, 4 years ago...a cop was shot and you had a convoy of at least 20 cars responding with sirens to assist, think about that...this isn't uno dos tres, shit takes time my man. 

I thought different about whole policing, but after joining it...believe me, you see things different. It's easy to sit there and judge law enforcement role-players when you do not have to go through process or anything, but we are people just like you and we wanna RP our character developments and just "Oh 911 about shooting, go go go" "Ohh another call, okay...we killed the guy, move on to the next one". You do realize we are people, right? And role-players just like anybody else...right?

My advice for those who aren't familiar with law enforcement stuff, join it...see it from our perspective and try to comment something afterwards.

You guys aren't being fair here, you're just bashing us...and get irritated when we didn't respond to /your/ call. What can I say, we got real police work to handle, and certain scenes can be up-to few hours. That's another thing I realized about law enforcement, we spend 1-2 hours...if not 3 on the crime scene alone, and if we get lucky...if it isn't a hot-zone, sergeant may release a unit or two to get back out there, otherwise...if its known hot-zone, we try to have enough man-power to secure the area. 

We got people pulling roof top Koreans on us, shooting off roof tops for no reason. We got people complaining about their death when they shot at us first...we got people complaining about us not responding to their 911's because they wanted to feel special while fishing. 

I'm just saying, there's whole a lot of stuff going on in here, see it from our perspective. Take a ride-along for all I care, and judge us afterwards.

I have to concur with your perspective. I roleplay as an Assistant District Attorney, if we had more people in Law Enforcement and the courts roleplay would be so awesome. I have had great experiences with RPing with the LSSD. 

Edited by Brett Love
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

Longevity and membership aside, what is it providing to the server that the LSPD and SAPR aren't already providing? Sure, the SAPR is the most junior of the 3 but lets say SD just got deleted off the server right now - would there be any noticeable impact? 

Yes

If SD gets "deleted"...not even kidding.

And damn, SugarMama dude...you really hate SD huh? You ever thought that umm....maybe it's "you" that's a problem? Just saying my G, for somebody like me who been most of the time in gang scene and joining in out of principle to beg the differ, you straight up despise this thing.

Edited by State of Mine
7 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

If you can't figure out that yourself, after being a member of the faction, then you surely haven't paid attention to what the faction does and contributes to the server. I suppose you were just busy focusing on a lawsuit than any other type of roleplay. 

• Upvote 1

Recently made it into the LSSD. I love this faction and I'm astonished by how everyone is able to portray their character perfectly, with flaws, and whatnot. It's seriously one of those experiences everyone has to try at least once, either from the deputy POV or inmate POV.

Edited by Santanaa
47 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

I'd recommend you go back to page 9 of this thread when members of the community were outpouring compliments and support directed towards the faction when rumors were circulating that it was being shut down.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic