The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

Alright this happened the other day with a helicopter situation in vinewood. Some deputy apparently had nothing to do and called in the situation (wow such alarm a helicopter in an empty parking at 4am) . 

The thing is deputy had no clue on federal law and there was nothing that could stop him from being a bully (that’s what he was) and taking private property.

Now my character has lost all respect to the SD team because noSD dared to talk to my character about aircraft regulations. 

Called during and days after the situation. Also prior to the situation to confirm with LEO which I did. 

so my question is what’s up with the deputy behaving like a bully and not consulting his phone to verify what FAA says. He completely breached fourth amendment right there and then.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

Alright this happened the other day with a helicopter situation in vinewood. Some deputy apparently had nothing to do and called in the situation (wow such alarm a helicopter in an empty parking at 4am) . 

The thing is deputy had no clue on federal law and there was nothing that could stop him from being a bully (that’s what he was) and taking private property.

Now my character has lost all respect to the SD team because noSD dared to talk to my character about aircraft regulations. 

Called during and days after the situation. Also prior to the situation to confirm with LEO which I did. 

so my question is what’s up with the deputy behaving like a bully and not consulting his phone to verify what FAA says. He completely breached fourth amendment right there and then.

Although I am (mildly) sure what your character did was probably not legal as per federal aviation regulations, I do know that federal law is not always followed to the T due what has been defined within the community and furthermore not required knowledge for our faction members. I am sorry you feel upset about what has happened to you, but want to point out that there is no established procedure from the server's leadership when it comes to whether federal aviation law should be followed or not. As such, it is hard to blame individual faction members for not being sure how to handle such a situation.

If you are not happy with the fact federal aviation law was not interpreted well enough or enforced, I suggest you suggest its definition within the server's scope. Until then, I am afraid a local law enforcement agency can not suddenly become the authority on aviation matters.

Edited by lambchops
16 minutes ago, lambchops said:

Although I am (mildly) sure what your character did was probably not legal as per federal aviation regulations, I do know that federal law is not always followed to the T due what has been defined within the community and furthermore not required knowledge for our faction members. I am sorry you feel upset about what has happened to you, but want to point out that there is no established procedure from the server's leadership when it comes to whether federal aviation law should be followed or not. As such, it is hard to blame individual faction members for not being sure how to handle such a situation.

If you are not happy with the fact federal aviation law was not interpreted well enough or enforced, I suggest you suggest its definition within the server's scope. Until then, I am afraid a local law enforcement agency can not suddenly become the authority on aviation matters.

He did have his helicopter parked  near his business area. Meaning that was a rule followed by him. And according to FAA you need such permission from nearby owners which in that case permissions were held. Now it is understandable that Federal things are not followed by everyone (some may be even clueless of the power of federal regulations). However something should absolutely be done about local regulations aswell for aircraft owners. 

Edited by Chuck Lee
19 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

One, it was called in by a civilian.

********** EMERGENCY CALL **********
* Log Number: 21-58219
* Phone Number: RETRACTED
* Location: There is a helicopter parked and obstructing traffic.
* Situation: It's at the Vinewood Bowl.

Two, it should be common sense that it is illegal to park a helicopter right in the middle of a road. While I was not involved in the incident, I certainly heard about it and I don't understand why you did that in the first place. There's nothing to complain about here, it's all IC.

13 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

He did have his helicopter parked  near his business area. Meaning that was a rule followed by him. And according to FAA you need such permission from nearby owners which in that case permissions were held. Now it is understandable that Federal things are not followed by everyone (some may be even clueless of the power of federal regulations). However something should absolutely be done about local regulations aswell for aircraft owners. 

Feel free to report this to Sheriff's Internal Affairs, since this seems like an IC issue. 

13 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

One, it was called in by a civilian.

Two, it should be common sense that it is illegal to park a helicopter right in the middle of a road. While I was not involved in the incident, I certainly heard about it and I don't understand why you did that in the first place. There's nothing to complain about here, it's all IC.

You'd be surprised where a helicopter is allowed to land in the US. And the reasons why a helicopter can park any where. Common sense does not apply so much to many things in aviation as well, or even law itself. 

Feel free to look up videos on youtube, there's even situations where some guys park in the middle of a parking lot to buy fishing gear. 

Edited by Chuck Lee
4 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

You'd be surprised where a helicopter is allowed to land in the US. And the reasons why a helicopter can park any where. Common sense does not apply so much to many things in aviation as well, or even law itself. 

Feel free to look up videos on youtube, there's even situations where some guys park in the middle of a parking lot to buy fishing gear. 

There usually is local law in place to supplement federal law concerning where aircraft are allowed to operate. Some rural areas are lenient with this while major metropolitan centers tend to be more strict. I would love to keep discussing the subject of aviation regulation but think a new discussion / suggestion may be a better place for that.

9 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

So, a civilian saw it, he IC'ly contacted the local police department and one deputy IC'ly responded to the situation and dealt with the "illegally parked helicopter" situation IC'ly. If your character isn't happy about it, it's all IC problem. If you think there needs to be a change for the rules, by all means suggest it. I don't see why you need to complain about it here OOC'ly.

1 hour ago, Chuck Lee said:

About a matter that was handled by PD, where SD was there to just assist and be bodies. I fail to see what your complaint is otherwise - Besides it being entirely IC, you also appear to have sustained zero losses or penalties IC or OOC. Surprising, considering you also seem to lack a pilots license IC if what I understand is correct.

But yea. IC complaint that should be directed to PD, if anyone.

Edited by Redman.
forgot words
1 minute ago, Redman. said:

About a matter that was handled by PD, where SD was there to just assist and be bodies. I fail to see what your complaint is otherwise - Besides it being entirely IC, you also appear to have sustained zero losses or penalties IC or OOC. Surprising, considering you also seem to lack a pilots license IC if what I understand is correct.

But yea. IC complaint that should be directed to PD, if anyone.

The point was directed towards some other direction and I've created a topic which should've been the first step. Anywho I would've posted the story on that topic to explain a why we need aviation regulations. But since I saw SD I though maybe perhaps they knew something about the matter since they enforce the law.

• Wuhtah locked this topic