The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

I was really quite saddened to read Nikki's reply to this thread, though the overwhelming amount of support from the rest of the community really does offer reassurance that the majority of the community do acknowledge that we're doing the best we can to provide engaging, realistic and more importantly, fun role-play for all involved.

The leadership of the faction is incredibly strong, and I dare say the most efficacious faction leadership team I've come across in my 7 years role-playing in legal factions. They genuinely strive for the very best of outcomes and work together to make decisions which positively impact the server as a whole.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Joe said:

I was really quite saddened to read Nikki's reply to this thread, though the overwhelming amount of support from the rest of the community really does offer reassurance that the majority of the community do acknowledge that we're doing the best we can to provide engaging, realistic and more importantly, fun role-play for all involved.

The leadership of the faction is incredibly strong, and I dare say the most efficacious faction leadership team I've come across in my 7 years role-playing in legal factions. They genuinely strive for the very best of outcomes and work together to make decisions which positively impact the server as a whole.

I was present at the whole event. I was looking at Lt. who's name will OOCly be protected because of MG, giving orders to cover their badges and faces. I got hit with a baton a few times. I was looking at SD beating the shit out of mallrats. And I loved it. I'm sure that's one of top 5 roleplays I participated in. One man's opinion is nothing compared to the whole community. You keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

I was looking at SD beating the shit out of mallrats. And I loved it.

this made me die out of laughter.

To return on topic, LSSD has been a really good faction, from some questionable things that have been done in the past, that I'm not going to name or specify since it was done in the past and looking at the present and future of the faction, I'm satisfied with where it is going.

Full support for this faction, keep up the great work.

It's a good faction and all, and both my characters and I, OOCly love the faction, but there's one thing Los Santos County Sheriff Department needs to patrol only in Los Santos County. And Blaine County Sheriff's Office should be in charge of policing in Blaine County since it's a completely different counties, Los Santos County and Blaine County.

Edited by ThomasNoman
14 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

It's a good faction and all, and both my characters and I, OOCly love the faction, but there's one thing Los Santos County Sheriff Department needs to patrol only in Los Santos County. And Blaine County Sheriff's Office should be in charge of policing in Blaine County since it's a completely different counties, Los Santos County and Blaine County.

this isnt fivem where you can have 5 different LEO factions for a server pop of 100.

Servers like ours only thrive with multiple LEO factions when the playerbase supports it. As such, ours doesn't, so we shouldn't add a third full-scale, county based department.

• Upvote 2

I believe that going on a forum topic to start a discussion on LSSD corruption when just last week, a topic about this had already been discussed is a bad idea.

The only reason the DA's office started an investigation is due to the IC media attention that the protests have received.

I do not believe that anyone has tried ways of combating the decision. In fact, people plead guilty to their charges instead of fighting them in court. How's that for IC representation?
I have not seen any evidence of wrongdoing on the organizational sense for the LSSD. Though specific Deputies might have been in excess of force, so long as this is not a systematic issue and/or the deputies doing this have the appropriate OOC permissions, they can do whatever up until the point it's simply not realistic again. And for a faction like SD, a /lot/ of ground is open. Prison is a bad place, it not only changes its criminals, it also changes the Deputies residing there. LS county & Blaine County are large places and SD also has presence in the city. Unlike PD, their resources are stretched much thinner&they have less total employees. Response times for them are higher, and if they need backup, response time isn't thirty seconds as with PD. It might be minutes. Being on your lonesome as an officer might lead to decisions you otherwise wouldn't take. It'd also make it easier for you to make decisions as there's less oversight from both the government&civilian populacy. This develops a way of handling situations in ways that any other law enforcement faction would've handled wildly different. Take for example yesterday's protest at City Hall. The LSPD remained rather neutral throughout the entire protest and only took action upon troublemakers that pushed too far and hard.

The way the LSSD handled their usage of force around the protests is, in my eyes, in line with the behavior that they have been exhibiting since I joined the server. And this is not negatively meant. I do not believe that OOC complaints, discussion or anything else OOC is in any way appropriate to address the situation that occured at Sandy Shores. 
There are many, many IC ways to have addressed this:

Spoiler

Criminal court, which you could defend your case in, if you'd been arrested;

LSSD Internal Affairs, where you can report deputy misconduct;

A city/state government, which could influence the LSSD to do better in the future;

A District Attorney's office, which takes complaints on departments as a whole. You can report systematic issues with ANY government department here;

The relatively new and as of yet rather unknown OSC, otherwise known as the (Office of the) Special Counsel, who works with the DA's office in investigating systematic issues with a government department&might take a much more prominent stance on this in the near future;

And much, much more. From the protests that admittedly did ensue to a lot more criminal/legal/civilian/government RP that would all serve to address the event.

I would like to commend the LSSD. As a member of the LSPD, I have had my ups and downs with deputies. From yelling at deputies to getting yelled at by deputies. In other situations, the synergy we had was amazing. At a situation we'd simply work together from a common purpose as if we're all part of the same department.

As many others have said, the LSSD provides great roleplay for the server. One use of force usage event does not constitute a heavily corrupt department.

30 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

It's time to stop.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
46 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

Three is too much, however I agree that Sheriff's should remain in the county and PD in the city. Right now you got two police agencies with the same rights and duties (apart from jail, but thats in the county anyway) and overlapping jurisdictions on the same patrol grounds. That does not make sense, but it was implemented so sheriff's wouldnt be bored in the county waiting for roleplay.

If they just confined themselves to the county and actually made the prison more active instead of just three deputies, that would be a massive improvement imo, esspecially now that county RP is booming anyway.

Big no no to three factions lol.

Just now, Nikki said:

Three is too much, however I agree that Sheriff's should remain in the county and PD in the city. Right now you got two police agencies with the same rights and duties (apart from jail, but thats in the county anyway) and overlapping jurisdictions on the same patrol grounds. That does not make sense, but it was implemented so sheriff's wouldnt be bored in the county waiting for roleplay.

If they just confined themselves to the county and actually made the prison more active instead of just three deputies, that would be a massive improvement imo, esspecially now that county RP is booming anyway.

Big no no to three factions lol.

I wasn't serious, but yeah!

• Wuhtah locked this topic