The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

The following is feedback on LSSD's actions during recent events. In no way is this bashing.

Even though the situation was completely IC, I still feel like LSSD handled the G6 protest in Sandy Shores completely unrealistic, trollish, and even with subpar standards. After hearing multiple stories and actually witnessing some of it myself, it really felt like LSSD was all together in a voice chat and were like ''watch watch what Im gonna do hihihi'', and really just acted the way they did for the shits and giggles. This is what I heard;

DISCLAIMER: I am only bringing this up OOCly as I am starting to highly question the LSSD's OOC corruption system.

• One protestor breached the perimeter. He was quickly down; receiving multiple kicks into the stomach after already being neutralized as a threat.
  • People, or only one girl, not sure, were/was literally thrown into the Alamo Sea. Never bothered to ask ICly if they/she could swim?
  • LSSD went to disperse the crowd forcefully with teargas like they were rioters, while they even put their hands up to show they were unarmed.
  • One guy got beanbagged into the back of the head as he walked away from the protest, the deputy breaking line up formation, walking up to him, and shooting. (the faceplant meme)
  • Some people were dragged into a van, taken to a wall elsewhere, lined up for what seemed to be an execution, and then deputies laughed ''have fun walking home''.
  • Badges were taped off during the whole incident.
  • The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals.

How would all the above together be deemed acceptable on an OOC level from the faction leadership? That is what I am wondering here. None of the above would be deemed lawfull no matter the context.

This has me genuinely concerned about the OOC corruption rule and how it is enforced.

If a member of command could answer to this situation, and the TTCF issue, that would be great.

Again, no bashing. Im a concern player simply asking ''whats up with this dudes?'', and I feel that it is neccesary to have some of the ''negative'' feedback in this thread aswell so SD can be fully transparent 🙂 

Ah I can't take it any more. Listen Ken/Karen. I don't say this to flame you or what ever but the real world is going to come as a shock to you one day. IRL people are brutally beat up and even shot and killed in other countries for such things. What the LSSD did is TAME considering the AWFUL VIOLENT city and universe we live in. 

I know we try to portray a realistic USA setting and for the most part we do, but the violence here is on par with Guatemala or some lawless south American country, if not worse! If we took the CK rate as the murder rate only we and then put that into a percentage of the population we probably have the highest murder rate in the world on the server. And that's just the CK rate. So if this was real life I am sure that live ammunition would have been used or very heavy handed tactics would be applied.

The LSSD is awesome, Law enforcement in the server is awesome compared to other servers i've been in. It's not perfect sure but if anything they could have employed more radical and violent reaction to the protests ICly and been with in their rights to do so. San Andreas is a terrible place, things go from peaceful to violent in a matter of seconds. People are lucky that that is all that happened.

Also, you're the only one that has an issue with things OOCly. Why do you ALWAYS have issues with things on every subject matter. You come over as entitled and you're the only one it seems who has taken this OOCly to question their IC actions. It's exhausting to read and i'm pretty much just a third party to all of this. Just chill out man relax, stay IC and you'll have a lot more fun here. 

Edited by Late
  • Upvote 1

The faction has done exceptionally well at portraying what it wants to portray, a realistic sheriff's department in comparison with its real life counterpart, and succeeded at creating artificial institutional corruption. The LS county jail system seeks to portray the LA county jail system which is the worst in the nation. All deputy sheriffs as characters role-play as if they spent anywhere from 6 months to 1 yr. being custody line deputies first and that's an environment that makes a lot of the deputies a character might encounter IC an acquired taste.

Taping nameplates/patches to avoid being doxed or avoid retaliatory tactics against deputies who otherwise just have to do their job and prevent trespassing & escalation, to the point where they'll have to forcefully put an end to a protest that isn't peaceful anymore, is common place. This is a demonstration of fear within itself because all characters involved are more afraid to get absolutely destroyed in the court of public opinion and be the sole, personal subject of cancel culture rather than deal with backlash from the Department.

A very good reason of why the SD is successful in having seedy, meaningful characters is because it sets the bar on OOC meritocracy and IC politics where, historically, no other faction ever tried to. It puts emphasis on if you want to climb the ladder, your character needs to have an inherent reason to want power or achieve said goals. You cannot gain rank purely through being a good police officer in many places. You need to know the right people. This is something that reflects ICly. Alas, every member can feel comfortable at a low rank if they don't want to hazard themselves with the issues of management. If a member invested a lot of time and effort into roleplaying a realistic character and feels comfortable at the rank of Deputy Sheriff, their voice will mean as much as people who have spent the equal amount of time and effort.

Perhaps this brings more clarity to why deputies seem like assholes. They're a product of their overall environment, yet if you find a character that stands out by being an asshole or surprisingly isn't, you know very well both role-players behind those characters do it because that's how they've developed their character. It's certainly not trolling.

29 minutes ago, lambchops said:

As for your opening paragraph. I find the fact you assume we were out to troll or all giggling in voice chat like a bunch of school children rather shocking. You open your post with rather wild accusations and it really does come off as entitled and rude. If you think people have subpar standards I would have loved to see a report on any of my members in the wake of the protests. Being critical is fine, but just calling people trolls or subpar roleplayers like that is not the civil thing to do I fear.

I never claimed it was subpar roleplay as fact. I said I felt like it was. That isnt the same as saying you guys are bad roleplayers. Please do not confuse it as such to avoid missunderstanding.

31 minutes ago, lambchops said:

As pointed out by the player of the character that fell victim to this, the roleplay was consensual and even added to their experience. No reason to turn this into an OOC issue indeed.

Once again, not uncommon for protests. Riot control techniques were utilized to clear the area.

Does that mean it is realistic and acceptable to do so? From your replies I'd start to believe the OOC corruption ruling is a bit lose enforced. Riot control techniques were utulized against peacefull protestors for no appearent reason.

34 minutes ago, lambchops said:

These people were detained to be arrested and eventually released. Were they intimidated by the characters detaining them? Sure. Was it a dick move? Totally. I am afraid we do not offer bus services to take detainees home however.

I am not talking about the bus ride home, idc if they had to walk back home to be honest. My problem lays with deputies appearntly freely being allowed to put people against a wall, cock their rifles, aim, and then laugh it off. How can you even /defend/ this as realistic and acceptable behaviour for deputies on an OOC level? This isn't even police brutality anymore, this is FELONY for Criminal Threats.

37 minutes ago, lambchops said:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/11/27/lasd-badges-nameplates-covered/

It took me thirty seconds to google the real life inspiration of why this was roleplayed. Even if it may be out of policy, there is more of an IC reason to it than "haha let us be goons lol".

This is the exact reason no one goes to internal affairs, as you later mention. ''Do you know which deputy did it? Do you have a badgenumber or a name? Can you describe their faces?'' No, no, no, and no. They wore masks, had badgenumber and nameplate taped off. And you are surprised people are not going to internal affairs? I am not surprised at all. This was blatant abuse of power on an OOC corruption level. Just because ''an LT has it'' doesn't mean everyone that follows his command should have it.

39 minutes ago, lambchops said:

I am not sure how your experience in TTCF was, although I have seen a glimpse of it by roleplaying with you as you pretty much role played a mental breakdown because someone asked you for your papers. I can however tell you that jails are not nice places. Deputies are not being paid to be nice guys to those incarcerated and it pretty much sucks to be in a county jail, especially one that's portrayed as being crowded and full of issues. I am very much sure you were not an exception targeted for any sort of special abuse though.

This was Nikki, yes. A nineteen year old who was arrested for obstruction and evasion, as a first offense, is thrown into county jail with the big mafia bosses, gangster OG's, sureno top and nazi's veterans. Ofcourse a nineteen year old girl that is not a criminal whatsoever and barely has any muscles will be scared to shit. When will TTCF finally be mapped to seperate minimum from maximum security?

She broke down because some random deputy wanted to see her papers which she never ever ICly received. I was not even notified through /b with ''ICly your character has papers regarding her prison sentence''. As of such, I had no, I'd be powergaming if I roleplayed I had papers. Nikki, fearing for her life inside and afraid she'd never get out due to these non-excistent papers indeed broke down infront of a deputy. Is that so weird? Not everyone is a seasoned criminal with 10 kills on their name.

On my other past characters Ariana Palaciö and Isabelle Kirkland Ive witnessed the exact same corruption within the jail system. Deputies not giving a single shit, treating everyone like literal animals and even instigating and provoking confrontation for some reason.

42 minutes ago, lambchops said:

And to conclude my post: We have received exactly zero in-character complaints with our Internal Affairs, which is rather surprising as we had people looking forward to investigating this. I am by no means telling you to make a complaint now though, as I would want any complaints we receive to be an organic result of roleplay rather than me reminding you it can be done on a forum topic.

So what you're basicly saying, we can no longer IA report it because someone complains about it OOCly? Thats honestly the biggest bull Ive heard so far.

I left a few things out from my reply as those have been sufficiently answered.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

Does that mean it is realistic and acceptable to do so? From your replies I'd start to believe the OOC corruption ruling is a bit lose enforced.Riot control techniques were utulized against peacefull protestors for no appearent reason.

Didn't the protesters toss rocks at the deputies? How is that peaceful?

Also, wasn't it your character who claimed she had a police cruiser run over her knee, and then be walking at the ULSA campus the next day? Speaking about realism.

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This is the exact reason no one goes to internal affairs, as you later mention. ''Do you know which deputy did it? Do you have a badgenumber or a name? Can you describe their faces?'' No, no, no, and no. They wore masks, had badgenumber and nameplate taped off. And you are surprised people are not going to internal affairs? I am not surprised at all. This was blatant abuse of power on an OOC corruption level. Just because ''an LT has it'' doesn't mean everyone that follows his command should have it.

This was Nikki, yes. A nineteen year old who was arrested for obstruction and evasion, as a first offense, is thrown into county jail with the big mafia bosses, gangster OG's, sureno top and nazi's veterans. Ofcourse a nineteen year old girl that is not a criminal whatsoever and barely has any muscles will be scared to shit. When will TTCF finally be mapped to seperate minimum from maximum security?

She broke down because some random deputy wanted to see her papers which she never ever ICly received. I was not even notified through /b with ''ICly your character has papers regarding her prison sentence''. As of such, I had no, I'd be powergaming if I roleplayed I had papers. Nikki, fearing for her life inside and afraid she'd never get out due to these non-excistent papers indeed broke down infront of a deputy. Is that so weird? Not everyone is a seasoned criminal with 10 kills on their name.

First of all, that's an entirely IC issue. That happens irl as well, get over it.

Second of all, you aren't in jail with big mafia bosses, gangster OG's or surenos. You're in female pod. Don't get it twisted, and don't pull TTCF into your rant. We're happy with SD.

Edited by RufioCas
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Rhelli said:

Didn't the protesters toss rocks at the deputies? How is that peaceful?

Also, wasn't it your character who claimed she had a police cruiser run over her knee, and then be walking at the ULSA campus the next day? Speaking about realism.

A rubber tire full of air when the victim is already on the ground does a couple of bruising, not break it.

with bruising you can still walk and I roleplayed accordingly.

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

A rubber tire full of air when the victim is already on the ground does a couple of bruising, not break it.

with bruising you can still walk and I roleplayed accordingly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2859736/

Most injuries arising from these vehicle and ground impacts in adults are trauma to the head, legs and pelvis., tibial plateau fractures and ligamentous injuries of the knee, as well as traumatic brain injuries, are all common.

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Does that mean it is realistic and acceptable to do so? From your replies I'd start to believe the OOC corruption ruling is a bit lose enforced. Riot control techniques were utulized against peacefull protestors for no appearent reason.

I can tell you right now that it is not, we just do not choose to shit on people who try to roleplay characters on an OOC level. As for no apparent reason: Read up Unlawful Assembly.

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I am not talking about the bus ride home, idc if they had to walk back home to be honest. My problem lays with deputies appearntly freely being allowed to put people against a wall, cock their rifles, aim, and then laugh it off. How can you even /defend/ this as realistic and acceptable behaviour for deputies on an OOC level? This isn't even police brutality anymore, this is FELONY for Criminal Threats.

I can tell you right now that it is not, we just do not choose to shit on people who try to roleplay characters on an OOC level.

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

But you did not even try, and for the record: Taping off your nametape is not something you need explicit corruption permission for, especially seeing the well-documented reason behind it.

8 minutes ago, Nikki said:

On my other past characters Ariana Palaciö and Isabelle Kirkland Ive witnessed the exact same corruption within the jail system. Deputies not giving a single shit, treating everyone like literal animals and even instigating and provoking confrontation for some reason.

https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=296

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

So what you're basicly saying, we can no longer IA report it because someone complains about it OOCly? Thats honestly the biggest bull Ive heard so far.

That is not what I said, you are more than free to file an IAB report, but I would not want you to do it if you only do it for OOC reasons or because someone pointed it out in a thread. If you wish to file an IAB report due to something that happened organically because your character thought of it, sure. I am just pointing out it would be cheesy if you suddenly filed a report now it was said in a forum topic.

You seem to be the only one having big issues with how the department conducted itself though. I openly invite you to report us to Legal Faction Management if you have got a case outlining the fact I am apparently allowing OOC corruption to run rampant. I see little use in a back and forth on this topic though, I have explained my stance.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic