The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

40 minutes ago, Nikki said:

The following is feedback on LSSD's actions during recent events. In no way is this bashing.

Even though the situation was completely IC, I still feel like LSSD handled the G6 protest in Sandy Shores completely unrealistic, trollish, and even with subpar standards. After hearing multiple stories and actually witnessing some of it myself, it really felt like LSSD was all together in a voice chat and were like ''watch watch what Im gonna do hihihi'', and really just acted the way they did for the shits and giggles. This is what I heard;

DISCLAIMER: I am only bringing this up OOCly as I am starting to highly question the LSSD's OOC corruption system.

• One protestor breached the perimeter. He was quickly down; receiving multiple kicks into the stomach after already being neutralized as a threat.
  • People, or only one girl, not sure, were/was literally thrown into the Alamo Sea. Never bothered to ask ICly if they/she could swim?
  • LSSD went to disperse the crowd forcefully with teargas like they were rioters, while they even put their hands up to show they were unarmed.
  • One guy got beanbagged into the back of the head as he walked away from the protest, the deputy breaking line up formation, walking up to him, and shooting. (the faceplant meme)
  • Some people were dragged into a van, taken to a wall elsewhere, lined up for what seemed to be an execution, and then deputies laughed ''have fun walking home''.
  • Badges were taped off during the whole incident.
  • The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals.

How would all the above together be deemed acceptable on an OOC level from the faction leadership? That is what I am wondering here. None of the above would be deemed lawfull no matter the context.

This has me genuinely concerned about the OOC corruption rule and how it is enforced.

If a member of command could answer to this situation, and the TTCF issue, that would be great.

Again, no bashing. Im a concern player simply asking ''whats up with this dudes?'', and I feel that it is neccesary to have some of the ''negative'' feedback in this thread aswell so SD can be fully transparent 🙂 

Hey there, I was protester at the riots and I honestly seen absolutely no issues with how SD handled it at all. I'll go down everything in the list and justify it myself.

The first and second issues have no proper context and just aren't worth discussing. 

Third issue is forcefully removing us? Did you not hear all five warnings given to us to disperse? Not to mention at the time people were starting to get hostile; planning to cross the barrier, throwing stones, generally taunting the deputies. SD removed the problem properly.

Forth issue doesn't have any useful context, not worth discussing. IC issue.

Fifth issue is honestly an IC issue.

Sixth issue is yet again a IC issue.

Seventh issue is just a lack of knowledge of how American prisons are. Also an IC issue.

Not every bit of character portrayal needs to become an OOC issue. You don't know these characters, the players playing those characters do.

Edited by Woona
  • Upvote 1

Taping badges at a protest seems sort of poor on an IC and OOC level. Nobody does that at a protest with people recording your every move IRL. Also throwing someone into the water, that’s... odd. If that happened at an LA protest there would be hell to pay for the involved officers. This is either a genuine lack of care for the public and what happens to their job on an IC level, or very poor fear rp of loosing their job. Not bashing, just outlining some stuff.

Sadly I wasn’t at the protest so I can’t confirm if the last part is true or not. If anyone has any evidence to prove it didn’t happen feel free to PM me.

As for beating people up and mental abuse, yeah that happens.

Edited by Bauer
Spoiler
1 hour ago, Nikki said:

LSSD went to disperse the crowd forcefully with teargas like they were rioters, while they even put their hands up to show they were unarmed.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

One protestor breached the perimeter. He was quickly down; receiving multiple kicks into the stomach after already being neutralized as a threat.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Some people were dragged into a van, taken to a wall elsewhere, lined up for what seemed to be an execution, and then deputies laughed ''have fun walking home''.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Badges were taped off during the whole incident

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

One guy got beanbagged into the back of the head as he walked away from the protest, the deputy breaking line up formation, walking up to him, and shooting. (the faceplant meme)

Couple quotes with these exact things happening IRL, all this within in a SINGLE YEAR.

Disclaimer: They're all shocking videos so a fair warning before watching - the Austin PD situation being one of the worst graphically.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
Placed the videos in a spoiler for the folks who might not feel comfortable seeing this sort of stuff..
  • Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, RSanders said:

Pretty fun RP, and I can tell you for a fact that both parties involved had an absolute blast. The only drama during the scene was the constant bloody crashes, a server issue.

I for one welcome more skull cracking.

Fuck yeah, couldn't have said it better myself. I feel a large problem with protest roleplay is that a majority of the people protesting have no real reason to be there except "haha time to cause some trouble." I went there for developmental reasons, got dunked, and now my character's afraid of protests. Isn't character development more important than "wah these cops were a bit too mean :("?

Because you know some of these characters will get the worst of the worst cop abuse and be back next week shouting the same shit.

Edited by Dom.

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to be critical. I can say any sort of feedback is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

The following is feedback on LSSD's actions during recent events. In no way is this bashing.

Even though the situation was completely IC, I still feel like LSSD handled the G6 protest in Sandy Shores completely unrealistic, trollish, and even with subpar standards. After hearing multiple stories and actually witnessing some of it myself, it really felt like LSSD was all together in a voice chat and were like ''watch watch what Im gonna do hihihi'', and really just acted the way they did for the shits and giggles. This is what I heard;

As for your opening paragraph. I find the fact you assume we were out to troll or all giggling in voice chat like a bunch of school children rather shocking. You open your post with rather wild accusations and it really does come off as entitled and rude. If you think people have subpar standards I would have loved to see a report on any of my members in the wake of the protests. Being critical is fine, but just calling people trolls or subpar roleplayers like that is not the civil thing to do I fear.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

DISCLAIMER: I am only bringing this up OOCly as I am starting to highly question the LSSD's OOC corruption system.

Feel free to ask if there are any questions about this system if the other topic about corruption did not make it clear yet.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:
  • One protestor breached the perimeter. He was quickly down; receiving multiple kicks into the stomach after already being neutralized as a threat.

There have been plenty of replies before me showing how violence is quite sadly commonplace at protests. I can not speak for whoever perpetrated this as I am not them, but I am sure there was some sort of reason.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:
  • People, or only one girl, not sure, were/was literally thrown into the Alamo Sea. Never bothered to ask ICly if they/she could swim?

As pointed out by the player of the character that fell victim to this, the roleplay was consensual and even added to their experience. No reason to turn this into an OOC issue indeed.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:
  • LSSD went to disperse the crowd forcefully with teargas like they were rioters, while they even put their hands up to show they were unarmed.

Once again, not uncommon for protests. Riot control techniques were utilized to clear the area.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:
  • One guy got beanbagged into the back of the head as he walked away from the protest, the deputy breaking line up formation, walking up to him, and shooting. (the faceplant meme)

That would have been me, personally. I can only say you should not throw things at people if you do not want things thrown back at you.

As a quick edit to this, the shot was aimed at the back of the chest with a beanbag shotgun, due to limitations with how GTA V shoots shotguns however, it will look like buck shot (and thus spreading out to hit areas like his head). There is nothing to be done about that.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:
  • Some people were dragged into a van, taken to a wall elsewhere, lined up for what seemed to be an execution, and then deputies laughed ''have fun walking home''.

These people were detained to be arrested and eventually released. Were they intimidated by the characters detaining them? Sure. Was it a dick move? Totally. I am afraid we do not offer bus services to take detainees home however.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:
  • Badges were taped off during the whole incident.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/11/27/lasd-badges-nameplates-covered/

It took me thirty seconds to google the real life inspiration of why this was roleplayed. Even if it may be out of policy, there is more of an IC reason to it than "haha let us be goons lol".

1 hour ago, Nikki said:
  • The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals.

I am not sure how your experience in TTCF was, although I have seen a glimpse of it by roleplaying with you as you pretty much role played a mental breakdown because someone asked you for your papers. I can however tell you that jails are not nice places. Deputies are not being paid to be nice guys to those incarcerated and it pretty much sucks to be in a county jail, especially one that's portrayed as being crowded and full of issues. I am very much sure you were not an exception targeted for any sort of special abuse though.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

How would all the above together be deemed acceptable on an OOC level from the faction leadership? That is what I am wondering here. None of the above would be deemed lawfull no matter the context.

Easy, we appreciate the roleplay coming from it over being poster boys. If that means some deputies breached policy, so be it. There are plenty of ways to investigate misconduct and staff has been fired before.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

This has me genuinely concerned about the OOC corruption rule and how it is enforced.

If a member of command could answer to this situation, and the TTCF issue, that would be great.

What happened at the protest could be considered brutality moreso than classic 'corruption'. As far as I am aware no one had the intent to commit criminal acts and everything that happened had an actual IC reason. I am sorry you are not happy with the roleplay, but the majority of the feedback we have had from both this situation and how we are handling TTCF has been positive.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Again, no bashing. Im a concern player simply asking ''whats up with this dudes?'', and I feel that it is neccesary to have some of the ''negative'' feedback in this thread aswell so SD can be fully transparent 🙂 

Hope this was transparent enough, calling people out for being 'sub par roleplayers' while never even properly reporting anything is more than just saying "whats up my dudes" though, it is an attack. Thank you for the feedback regardless.

And to conclude my post: We have received exactly zero in-character complaints with our Internal Affairs, which is rather surprising as we had people looking forward to investigating this. I am by no means telling you to make a complaint now though, as I would want any complaints we receive to be an organic result of roleplay rather than me reminding you it can be done on a forum topic.

Edited by lambchops
  • Upvote 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic