The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

One of the things I appreciate and commend SD for the most is their ability portray a realistic LEO faction - both the GOOD and BAD. People seem to think a well RP'd LEO faction = perfect cops but we all know that's no where near realistic or accurate - you're not IC moderators, you're characters with depth who also happen to work as cops. 

SD has a large majority of IC "good" cops and a small minority of "bad" cops and just like IRL these bad cops can and will ruin the entire reputation of the department, it all feels natural and I love seeing SD act like ACTUAL cops, letting emotions sometimes take over clear thinking and allowing IC drama to unfold IC and not seek out voids for their "mistakes".

One of the best legal factions I've had the pleasure of interacting with, please never change.

• Applaud 3

Despite my IC feelings about the Sheriff's Department, one thing is clear: they're nothing if not human. And that is something to be highly commended. I love it when I get to love you, and I love it when I get to hate you.

Huge respect.

• Upvote 4
On 1/29/2021 at 3:19 AM, Koko said:

Despite my IC feelings about the Sheriff's Department, one thing is clear: they're nothing if not human. And that is something to be highly commended. I love it when I get to love you, and I love it when I get to hate you.

Huge respect.

Happy to hear that brother.

Edited by Blowin' Hollows
On 1/29/2021 at 3:19 AM, Koko said:

Huge respect.

I enjoy reading wholesome replies like this. It makes me proud to see how far the faction has come. Thank you for the kind words.

The following is feedback on LSSD's actions during recent events. In no way is this bashing.

Even though the situation was completely IC, I still feel like LSSD handled the G6 protest in Sandy Shores completely unrealistic, trollish, and even with subpar standards. After hearing multiple stories and actually witnessing some of it myself, it really felt like LSSD was all together in a voice chat and were like ''watch watch what Im gonna do hihihi'', and really just acted the way they did for the shits and giggles. This is what I heard;

DISCLAIMER: I am only bringing this up OOCly as I am starting to highly question the LSSD's OOC corruption system.

• One protestor breached the perimeter. He was quickly down; receiving multiple kicks into the stomach after already being neutralized as a threat.
  • People, or only one girl, not sure, were/was literally thrown into the Alamo Sea. Never bothered to ask ICly if they/she could swim?
  • LSSD went to disperse the crowd forcefully with teargas like they were rioters, while they even put their hands up to show they were unarmed.
  • One guy got beanbagged into the back of the head as he walked away from the protest, the deputy breaking line up formation, walking up to him, and shooting. (the faceplant meme)
  • Some people were dragged into a van, taken to a wall elsewhere, lined up for what seemed to be an execution, and then deputies laughed ''have fun walking home''.
  • Badges were taped off during the whole incident.
  • The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals.

How would all the above together be deemed acceptable on an OOC level from the faction leadership? That is what I am wondering here. None of the above would be deemed lawfull no matter the context.

This has me genuinely concerned about the OOC corruption rule and how it is enforced.

If a member of command could answer to this situation, and the TTCF issue, that would be great.

Again, no bashing. Im a concern player simply asking ''whats up with this dudes?'', and I feel that it is neccesary to have some of the ''negative'' feedback in this thread aswell so SD can be fully transparent 🙂 

Edited by Nikki
13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

The following is feedback on LSSD's actions during recent events. In no way is this bashing.

Even though the situation was completely IC, I still feel like LSSD handled the G6 protest in Sandy Shores completely unrealistic, trollish, and even with subpar standards. After hearing multiple stories and actually witnessing some of it myself, it really felt like LSSD was all together in a voice chat and were like ''watch watch what Im gonna do hihihi'', and really just acted the way they did for the shits and giggles. This is what I heard;

DISCLAIMER: I am only bringing this up OOCly as I am starting to highly question the LSSD's OOC corruption system.

• One protestor breached the perimeter. He was quickly down; receiving multiple kicks into the stomach after already being neutralized as a threat.
  • People, or only one girl, not sure, were/was literally thrown into the Alamo Sea. Never bothered to ask ICly if they/she could swim?
  • LSSD went to disperse the crowd forcefully with teargas like they were rioters, while they even put their hands up to show they were unarmed.
  • One guy got beanbagged into the back of the head as he walked away from the protest, the deputy breaking line up formation, walking up to him, and shooting. (the faceplant meme)
  • Some people were dragged into a van, taken to a wall elsewhere, lined up for what seemed to be an execution, and then deputies laughed ''have fun walking home''.
  • The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals.

How would all the above together be deemed acceptable on an OOC level from the faction leadership? That is what I am wondering here. None of the above would be deemed lawfull no matter the context.

This has me genuinely concerned about the OOC corruption rule and how it is enforced.

If a member of command could answer to this situation, and the TTCF issue, that would be great.

Again, no bashing. Im a concern player simply asking ''whats up with this dudes?'', and I feel that it is neccesary to have some of the ''negative'' feedback in this thread aswell so SD can be fully transparent 🙂 

cops enforce the law to a tee: "why are cops robocops"

cops don't behave like the rolemodels people think they're supposed to be: "why are cops corrupt"

mfw gtaws be wilding

I do certainly suggest you look into riot response through-out the recent USA events.

The constant, daily, physical, emotional and mental abuse of inmates in TTCF. They are being treated like animals.

yeah uh

you might want to read up on USA prisons, especially the for-profit ones

I applaud the SD members for the events. They've shown they can roleplay and stir away from the usual stuff without being maniacs. It was a well roleplayed, heavy-handed, over-the-top, response to a riot. It's almost as if not all cops are actually good people. Who would've thunk.

36 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Uh.............. are you up to date with american politics and news?

The illegal roleplayers and LSSD already have a healthy relationship. I applaud everyone putting their time in to provide roleplay for us in TTCF. There's nothing wrong with abusing the inmates from an IC perspective. It's an IC issue, not an OOC one. Keep TTCF out of your rant.

Edited by RufioCas
  • Wuhtah locked this topic