Tackle system

25 minutes ago, aldo said:

no thanks, i'd rather not have ANOTHER PD update

It's not PD exclusive. And I really don't know why people are against PD updates when all of those updates were justified, as they brought more realism and practicality to the server. I agree there should be more updates for civilians and criminals in general, but I don't want in any way for the devs to not release a feature which will bring realism and immersion, just because it's for PD.

Sorry for getting off-topic.

Already suggested this, nonetheless, I'm still supportive of it.

This isn't even an update for the police, however, it can be beneficial for them. This actually gives criminals a fair opportunity to run away instead of being tased instantly from a yard away the second they start running. I already opt for roleplaying tackling with /me as opposed to tasing, however, RAGEMP is really weird when it comes to typing so I end up punching the air and jumping all over the place when I try to type "/me tackles X down to the ground." quickly. This would honestly be a big help.

• 6 months later...

If this gets implemented, it should be allowed for civilians too. It should also be modified by two things, the health of the player you're tackling (the lower the easier ofc) and a random hidden roll between the two players.

There should also be a bit of a cooldown between tackles.

Grappling and group tackling/grappling can also be a possibility.

Just because we think that it can be easily abused during fights etc doesn't mean that it's not a good suggestion. You can easily report people for abusing the command and it should show in the logs for admins to use as reference. And yes, it shouldn't just be PD/SD exclusive but obviously for all players. I think this will definitely add to the immersion and we'll probably see lesser use of tasers with this command.

As long as it comes with a chance for the tackler to fall over themselves, for example:  "You attempt to tackle <target> but lose your footing and fall over".  (tackle attempter is then forced into fallen animation for 3-4 seconds).  This could be like a 30% chance and will add some risk to doing it, possibly allowing somebody to escape even better than if you didn't try to tackle.  It would add more flavour to PD foot pursuits for sure (an actual chance to escape on foot if the cop falls).

And I know a lot hate "RPG" stuff like this, but in competitive situations like a foot chase, you need the script to support it (nobody will stop running to type out /me's etc).

Edited by Paenymion

Shouldn't be a command but rather a button you press, and should require it's user to be very close to the person they're using it on, running at max speed, and must have been running for a certain amount of time. Fairest way to go about the way I see it. You can't stop to write a /me mid foot pursuit. How am I gonna beat a mf if I'm just stuck chasing after him for 30 minutes?

Edit: There should be a chance to mess up your tackle, meaning only you fall, giving the fleeing person plenty of time to get away while you get back. This would also finally make cops vulnerable with something at very last.

Edited by KarMagick