Chat anims

Lemon

On 3/24/2020 at 9:57 PM, Doakes said:

Actually, this was a feature about 2.5 years ago back.

I only recently came back for a visit, and was wondering why it no longer exists.

Perhaps it has something to do with the migration from GTMP to RageMP

This! I already suggested it before but nothing happened

I'd like to see this, or at least the toggle. I'd say to the people who aren't very animated when they speak IRL: while that may absolutely be the case, you're actually speaking and there's no delay between what leaves your mouth and when people hear it. Such is not the case on a text-based server, and a simple toggle of the sort could help people more fluidly animate while in conversation and provide a teensy bit of life to an otherwise static experience.

Either way, it doesn't stop me from using anims in the meanwhile.

Even if you don't wave your hands IRL to talk there's definitely no way you're not doing something. I'm pretty sure you don't keep your arms stringently at your side and just idle there like a mannequin, if you do, that's... on you. Regardless this is a great suggestion that'll bring about fruitful immersion when on large scenes or even for normal, casual, conversations. Big yes from me. Please make it happen.

1 hour ago, Dios said:

Even if you don't wave your hands IRL to talk there's definitely no way you're not doing something. I'm pretty sure you don't keep your arms stringently at your side and just idle there like a mannequin, if you do, that's... on you. Regardless this is a great suggestion that'll bring about fruitful immersion when on large scenes or even for normal, casual, conversations. Big yes from me. Please make it happen.

this is pretty much my train of thought. i mean, i think it's fair to say that (a majority of) GTA V animations are a little bit over the top, but we make do, because there's no alternative to communicating your character's expressions - so by all means, if the /fuckyou animation looks a bit silly, at least you're getting a point across. i'd much rather see visual ques as to who's speaking, and have groups of people appearing more lively, as opposed to the current sort of static scenery. 

i can't stress this enough, we're leagues apart from earlier, less life-like and more cartoon-y looking GTA iterations. i suspect this wouldn't be remotely as off-putting in those. however, there's a real uncanny valley type vibe, given the graphic fidelity of the GTA V, while using text-only to rp in combination with a complete absence of animation during speech.

while i'm a big fan of actively using the /anim cmd, the wide variety of cmds and their similarly sounding titles makes it really difficult to utilize them continuously during roleplay. i see them largely used for isolated, very specific or basic actions, w/o much consistency.

• mj2002 locked this topic