Timecycle poll

Nervous

3 hours ago, Lance said:

1:1 and 2:1 both are quite good to be honest, less confusion for faction/server events if we use 1:1 though.

1 hour ago, xRandomGuy said:

1:1, feel as though the 2:1 could open more opportunities, it would be too confusing and unorganized.

23 minutes ago, the_criserk said:

1:1

2:1 will get confusing down the road, no no

Look, I feel like you guys get the basic idea of time and timezones. So I think it's kind of dumb to trash entire of NA so that they can only roleplay in the night. How about you guys for your events just say say "We will meet at 2 PM EU time" OOCly then whoever lives in the NA/Other timezones can just quickly http://bfy.tw/Exvq . It's wrong to just trash all the NA players for this and not either change the timezone the server is in or change the cycles. A 5 second google search would fix your problems, and for such a little inconvenience to you I don't think it's worth ditching your NA players for. 

Edited by James Mustaine
2 minutes ago, James Mustaine said:

Look, I feel like you guys get the basic idea of time and timezones. So I think it's kind of dumb to trash entire of NA so that they can only roleplay in the night. How about you guys for your events just say say "We will meet at 2 PM EU time" OOCly then whoever lives in the NA/Other timezones can just quickly http://bfy.tw/Exvl . It's wrong to just trash all the NA players for this and not either change the timezone the server is in or change the cycles. A 5 second google search would fix your problems, and for such a little inconvenience to you I don't think it's worth ditching your NA players for. 

I don't see how anyone is being 'trashed' or 'ditched'. I'm not gonna use OOC information to schedule IC events, and it's going to be impossible to set events if each day is actually two days, because then what day is it?

I understand that north american players are only playing at the night - early morning times but that's also true for european players who only play from the afternoon to evening/night usually. I feel that it has to work that way to keep it organized and logical, regardless of what timezone the server is based of (because I really would not care if it was changed so it's the other way around, as long as the ratio stay 1;1 although I do not believe that this would happen).

4 minutes ago, xRandomGuy said:

I don't see how anyone is being 'trashed' or 'ditched'. I'm not gonna use OOC information to schedule IC events, and it's going to be impossible to set events if each day is actually two days, because then what day is it?

I understand that north american players are only playing at the night - early morning times but that's also true for european players who only play from the afternoon to evening/night usually. I feel that it has to work that way to keep it organized and logical, regardless of what timezone the server is based of (because I really would not care if it was changed so it's the other way around, as long as the ratio stay 1;1 although I do not believe that this would happen).

Scheduling events is really not that big of a deal. You might not like it, but if it's the 18th of the month and you plan, say, an opening of a club on the 22nd, then what's the harm in just announcing the opening date as the 22nd? Everybody is going to know what you mean, you don't have to take into account that it's actually going to be an 8-day wait ingame, and NA players get to roleplay out in the sun. It's as easy as a handwave, and doesn't really create problems. I've played on roleplay servers in other games with 4:1 timescales and no calendars and it was still as simple as announcing a date and time and having people show up.

Edited by skink
1 minute ago, skink said:

Scheduling events is really not that big of a deal. You might not like it, but if it's the 18th of the month and you plan, say, an opening of a club on the 22nd, then what's the harm in just announcing the opening date as the 22nd? Everybody is going to know what you mean, you don't have to take into account that it's actually going to be an 8-day wait ingame, and NA players get to roleplay out in the sun. It's as easy as a handwave, and doesn't really create problems.

It's not about the day, it's about the time. Given on how this will work, you'll need to specify 2PM American or 2PM European; that or 2PM Cycle1, 2PM Cycle2. That's what he's referring to and that's what the wide majority of the 1:1 votes have an issue with.

1 minute ago, skink said:

Scheduling events is really not that big of a deal. You might not like it, but if it's the 18th of the month and you plan, say, an opening of a club on the 22nd, then what's the harm in just announcing the opening date as the 22nd? Everybody is going to know what you mean, you don't have to take into account that it's actually going to be an 8-day wait ingame, and NA players get to roleplay out in the sun. It's as easy as a handwave, and doesn't really create problems.

Okay so say we decide it's logical to have the sun setting twice a day, what time would I schedule it to?

3 minutes ago, xRandomGuy said:

The only OOC information you would use would be a quick "/b hey meet at 2 pm server time" if that breaks your immersion you have more problems to worry about. And no for the sake easiness just say it's 24 hours like the day only changes every 24 hours. But I understand how a little bit of basic math can just make everyone loose it's minds. So either one of the two things HAS to happen for this community to give a single shit about it's NA base. Either

1. Change the timezone or

2. Change the cycle. 

But if this gets denied then we'll have a change the timezone thread and no one will be able to agree on that either and we'll be back to square one.  

3 minutes ago, the_criserk said:

It's not about the day, it's about the time. Given on how this will work, you'll need to specify 2PM American or 2PM European; that or 2PM Cycle1, 2PM Cycle2. That's what he's referring to and that's what the wide majority of the 1:1 votes have an issue with.

No just say that hey we'll meet at 2 PM EU time and then people are on at that time if they want to be. Cycle 1 and 2 don't even come into that equation.