Force Cop CK.

KhabibTime

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Cops are supposed to be overpowered. They've got numerous advantages IRL, as they do here. Forcing CK's on cops solves nothing but DM squads going out to shoot at cops and CK-ing them at first sight for petty reasons. I can see this going nowhere. Cops can get CK'd if a CK application was put in or throughout different sectors. No from me.

Well, DM squads would be bannable. You guys have recording overlays and stuff, so you'd easily record it if it's DM. Send it to an admin and he'll decide if it's DM or not.

2 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Do some research about American Law Enforcement before you say these things, please. American LEOs do everything with backup. So yeah, pulling up to an intoxicated person would probably warrant 1, 2 or even 5 police cruisers depending on the situation. 

Not just the situation, the area alone can be enough to warrant 2 or 3 cars on a traffic stop just for officer safety. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, KhabibTime said:

Well, DM squads would be bannable. You guys have recording overlays and stuff, so you'd easily record it if it's DM. Send it to an admin and he'll decide if it's DM or not.

Ah yes, pile more work up for admins and bring discussions regard CK's. No reason to change it, it's decent as it is. People that want to CK someone can request so via application. No reason to change that.

Hi. I shoot a lot of people. I am in the PD. Not all of them CK. The key difference here for me is the fact that us as LEO roleplayers don't get to choose what we respond to. If two gangs want to start shit in Forum Drive, we go. If somebody shoots at us in the course of us being FORCED to respond by way of someone else's behaviour, and we die, that shouldn't be a CK. We had absolutely zero say in any of it from start to finish, and it'd be a monumental waste of everyone's time.

Contrast this to someone who is stopped by police and have nowhere to go. There is no way out. So what do they do? Their character makes the decision to end their life. That is when someone is force CKed, because they / their character has made the conscious, voluntary decision for their character to go bye bye.

If PD, SD or hell, FD do anything stupid, same with a player, they can get CK'd. If they do something you would regard as a breach of FearRP, you can feel free to /report them for it, or go onto the forum and make a Player Report.

We're not afforded really any special benefits. If there is a solo cop holding ten people at gunpoint in the hood and you kill him, by golly you can get them CK'd. This is already a thing and has been a thing since Nervous specifically made an announcement about it.

As /I/ said it's /quite/ stupid to interupt a mother and son fighting for petty stuff, then the Police comes and just takes over our yard, and end up killing her as she was quite mad that I ICly sold her vehicle and Cops were on my side. It ended up her dying and one of the Officers says ''Sleep it off you'll feel better'' - If you say shit like that irl you'd get shot, trust me. 

1 minute ago, KhabibTime said:

As /I/ said it's /quite/ stupid to interupt a mother and son fighting for petty stuff, then the Police comes and just takes over our yard, and end up killing her as she was quite mad that I ICly sold her vehicle and Cops were on my side. It ended up her dying and one of the Officers says ''Sleep it off you'll feel better'' - If you say shit like that irl you'd get shot, trust me. 

Then if you feel that strongly about it, make a Character Kill Request on that one cop, like you would if a standard player had done the same thing. Then go and do what you need to do. If you feel the cop broke an OOC rule, fantastic, player report them. The rules already cover this.

I don't agree with this suggestion because as someone said before, LEO roleplayers don't get to choose the calls that they respond to, while criminal roleplayers, for example, get to choose the situations that their character gets into.

Advanced issues found

Just now, KhabibTime said:

IMO that behavior should be considered Robocop behavior for the sole fact that the officer showed no emotions to the fact that he just killed someone's mother right in front of him, gang member or not. If you feel like the cop deserves to be CKed for his actions, that you can make a Character Kill Request, as mentioned by another comment.  

• Cara locked this topic