Independent doctors applications.

Do you like the idea?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Or just have a hospital faction or join one of two clinics currently open trusted to vet people to ensure they dont abuse the title or roleplay and make sure they're competent. 

This.

i don’t see need for /revive for a non-first responder profession. If criminals get to the point of script death, it’s usually too late to use the revive command.

/revive simply isnt used the minute there’s a headshot. Which is the majority reason criminals end up script dead. Maybe in the RARE circumstance of a stabbing, but instances like that are so rare an admin can easily come in and revive the person after the Doctors come in.

also, you would still need a hospital for recovery! Doctors dont magic things away. They use tons of equipment to adequately treat folks while they recover. So even if a Doctor responds to a criminal getting shot/stabbed to death, he would still risk dying of internal bleeding, tension pneumothorax, drowning from having blood in their lungs or worse.

All of which needs a hospital.

Which is why we in FD “only focus on bringing people to the hospital.” We don’t fix people on scene, we keep them alive till they can be fixed.

Edited by KinnyWynny
2 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

Which is why we in FD “only focus on bringing people to the hospital.” We don’t fix people on scene, we keep them alive till they can be fixed.

This suggestion is not about fulfilling FD needs, nor to talk about what FD lacks or wants.

I'll quote myself again and again from the first post I've made.

On 3/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, Gambler said:

Maybe this can motivate people to be more active on their own outside of factions.

Just now, Gambler said:

This suggestion is not about fulfilling FD needs, nor to talk about what FD lacks or wants.

I'll quote myself again and again from the first post I've made.

Once again you miss the point of me bringing it up.

You don’t need a /revive command to be a doctor.

^ that was my point from last post but with examples. 

23 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

Once again you miss the point of me bringing it up.

You don’t need a /revive command to be a doctor.

^ that was my point from last post but with examples. 

I get it. FD will take care of the transportation, and they won't transport a dead victim anyway. My issue is, what if someone calls a private clinic instead of FD. You're just being really narrow minded in the face of the vast possibilities of roleplay that can happen. "Supplier Program" exists and /fixrevive exists. I don't think a doctor who can perform certain actions will do any harm. If anything, it's not that hard to hide from this. Usually abuse of this power will come from an IC conflict. And one side would report the headshots you so much care about, even request CK as they would be stacked on screenshots of the headshot.

Edited by Gambler
3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Why not? Is a doctor not able to perform life saving care? 

Script death is to stop people from powergaming after they’ve been shot multiple times.

Doctors are not paramedics. Yes, trauma surgeons and more immediate Urgent Care Doctors could probably work para-medicine. But that is insanely unrealistic.

Doctors are extremely important for para-medicine support, trauma surgeons are called out to preform emergency amputations. BUT.

Doctors save lives after a patient is delivered. The battle doesnt end at a /revive. It ends when they recover fully in a hospital.

like I said before. EMT’s focus on keeping people alive till they get to a hospital, hence our use of /revive to transport people who were script dead.

Doctor’s save the life and fix the person.

That’s why a /revive would be useless or extremely rare for a Doc’. 

Just now, Gambler said:

I get it. FD will take care of the transportation, and they won't transport a dead victim anyway. My issue is, what if someone calls a private clinic instead of FD. You're just being really narrow minded in the face of the vast possibilities of roleplay that can happen. "Supplier Program" exists and /fixrevive exists. I don't think a doctor who can perform certain actions will do any harm.

No. That does not happen.

I don’t think you know how Doctors work, they specialize in certain types of care. A Private clinic isnt an Emergency room. No one calls a clinic for help in a EMERGENCY situation. If they do, the clinic will call 911.

1 minute ago, KinnyWynny said:

Script death is to stop people from powergaming after they’ve been shot multiple times.

Doctors are not paramedics. Yes, trauma surgeons and more immediate Urgent Care Doctors could probably work para-medicine. But that is insanely unrealistic.

Doctors are extremely important for para-medicine support, trauma surgeons are called out to preform emergency amputations. BUT.

Doctors save lives after a patient is delivered. The battle doesnt end at a /revive. It ends when they recover fully in a hospital.

like I said before. EMT’s focus on keeping people alive till they get to a hospital, hence our use of /revive to transport people who were script dead.

Doctor’s save the life and fix the person.

That’s why a /revive would be useless or extremely rare for a Doc’. 

A few genuine questions: 

• Can you define "script death"?
  • Can you define "doctor"? And in defining that, is doctor not just synonym for hospital staff in layman's terms?
  • If somebody is dead, how can FD revive them?
  • Would a "doctor" working at the hospital be required to call the Fire Department to help a person brought to the hospital?
  • If somebody decides to facilitate care for criminal activity, would /revive or a command relating to the treatment of injuries not be relevant for their functioning?

11 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

No. That does not happen.

I don’t think you know how Doctors work, they specialize in certain types of care. A Private clinic isnt an Emergency room. No one calls a clinic for help in a EMERGENCY situation. If they do, the clinic will call 911.

I'm pretty sure that I've transported my friend in the backseat of my car to a private clinic after getting stabbed. I was unsure if I should've waited for the ambulance, and instead i drove to the nearest clinic. My mother is a doctor specialized in oncology(mainly deals with tumors), but god damn she knows how to stich up a wound and prevent someone from dying. Basically perform the BLS treatment.

Edited by Gambler
Just now, eTaylor said:

A few genuine questions: 

• Can you define "script death"?
  • Can you define "doctor"? And in defining that, is doctor not just synonym for hospital staff in layman's terms?
  • If somebody is dead, how can FD revive them?
  • Would a "doctor" working at the hospital be required to call the Fire Department to help a person brought to the hospital?
  • If somebody decides to facilitate care for criminal activity, would /revive or a command relating to the treatment of injuries not be relevant for their functioning?

Yes.

1. Script death is the script when your health runs out. Your character model freezes up, and you can only emote and /b. A paramedic will attempt revival, but if the injuries are too great, or there’s a headshot wound, a person will not be revived. We’re taught in FD how to work it out. If you’d like a full explanation, I can dM you.

2. if they’re ICLY dead, we cannot revive them. Script death =\= death. It means critical condition. When someone CK’s/acceptdeath, it’s a dead body.

3. No, but we dont have a hospital. I would love a hospital. And they would have their own script support.

4. An admin can intervene to revive the person.

• mj2002 locked this topic