Independent doctors applications.

Do you like the idea?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Yes well realistically people will abuse said commands alot, you know it, I know it. It is a game, a supervised game. Technical stability is what should be maintained as well. Besides when talking about illegal factions, being treated counts as PK to an extent anyway, cause being shot up several times and surviving it, realistically puts you out of commission for months, normally. And that will be abused as well during turf wars. That is actually the only issue I see here. Teaching people to behave with their newly obtained freedom.

I understand your point but, FD members can abuse this just as much right now. The only thing that is somewhat reassuring is the fact that the player is part of FD. which is not that reassuring. If such person requests OOC corruption perms, we end up in the same sittuation. But yeah, /revive can be removed. /treatwound sounds good to me tho'.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I understand your point but, FD members can abuse this just as much right now. The only thing that is somewhat reassuring is the fact that the player is part of FD. which is not that reassuring. If such person requests OOC corruption perms, we end up in the same sittuation.

Of course, my entire complaint wasn't really directed at FD, but to criminal roleplay. Application should be strict in this matter, much like the application for business. "Do you intend to portray a black market doctor, a private practise or hospital?" This should be a question in application imo. Then FD has medics as well and they usually accompany fire trucks everywhere, so having FD and EMTs on the site when it comes to accidents, requires an agreement, who gets main role and who supporting one. I see a small issue in FD arguing they can handle it and new EMTs yelling "Let us roleplay too.!" Otherwise its a well thought suggestion.

I'd dare to expand it bit more, by adding spawn selections for respawning, much like you do when you are logging in.

This time you'd get the list of hospitals you can spawn at after accepting death. Plus maybe new ambulances and interiors.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I understand your point but, FD members can abuse this just as much right now. The only thing that is somewhat reassuring is the fact that the player is part of FD. which is not that reassuring. If such person requests OOC corruption perms, we end up in the same sittuation. But yeah, /revive can be removed. /treatwound sounds good to me tho'.

Except we’re taught how to use the script, and have specific protocol on it’s use.

Doctor’s don’t need the /revive script. An admin can handle the rare circumstance of a criminal /revive. FD is heavily regulated on the script side. It’s also one of the very FEW scripts we have access too.

A doctor’s job should ultimately come with a Hospital faction. I also agree that Doctor’s should be regulated, much like EMT’s are (at least should be).

3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Of course, my entire complaint wasn't really directed at FD, but to criminal roleplay. Application should be strict in this matter, much like the application for business. "Do you intend to portray a black market doctor, a private practise or hospital?" This should be a question in application imo. Then FD has medics as well and they usually accompany fire trucks everywhere, so having FD and EMTs on the site when it comes to accidents, requires an agreement, who gets main role and who supporting one. I see a small issue in FD arguing they can handle it and new EMTs yelling "Let us roleplay too.!" Otherwise its a well thought suggestion.

This is not an issue. FD has protocols and we train who does what role in accidents, fires and medical scenes. We’re a Paramedic service first, and ultimately we can do both that, and firefighting. We don’t have a separate EMS service either.

As the leader of one of the current clinics out there, individuals are welcome to rp a dr, however its very easy to spot people with absolutely no idea what they're doing.

My aim has always been to spearhead a drs faction, and once the time is right I fully believe we will have a hospital. But if we launched one now, it would flop.  Not enough people to staff one 24 hrs a day, not enough demand to entice more people to join the RP.

Just now, KinnyWynny said:

Except we’re taught how to use the script, and have specific protocol on it’s use.

Are you saying that some people have brain deficiency and can't learn the script and proper protocols? Also, are you suggesting that FD are the smartest people on the server? 
Sarcasm aside, I don't expect FD members to be fond of this suggestion. 

So if the said doctor(player) wants to abuse his powers, he can't do it in public, otherwise he would spotted and reported. 
Now this leaves me with the question. What stops this people from using or abusing /fixrevive? 
Example: Doctor X treats John Doe wounds. /b John Doe: "Everyone get out I can use /fixrevive now. The doctor saved me." 

The tools and the gray areas of abuse are there. I'm talking about realism. All FD members are suggesting is their concern of where to drop the wounded/sick people.

2 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Are you saying that some people have brain deficiency and can't learn the script and proper protocols? Also, are you suggesting that FD are the smartest people on the server? 
Sarcasm aside, I don't expect FD members to be fond of this suggestion. 

So if the said doctor(player) wants to abuse his powers, he can't do it in public, otherwise he would spotted and reported. 
Now this leaves me with the question. What stops this people from using or abusing /fixrevive? 
Example: Doctor X treats John Doe wounds. /b John Doe: "Everyone get out I can use /fixrevive now. The doctor saved me." 

The tools and the gray areas of abuse are there. I'm talking about realism. All FD members are suggesting is their concern of where to drop the wounded/sick people.

I think you’re taking my words heavily out of context.

I’m saying we’re regulated on script use by FM due to being a faction. It’s easier to punish rule breakers when they’re centralized in a faction. That’s just logistically sound.

It’s the same reason why only LEO’s have the /arrest command. Easier to punish abuse with people around you and FM watching over most of the time.

EDIT: I also like the idea of a regulated Doctor’s job.

Edited by KinnyWynny
4 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

I think you’re taking my words heavily out of context.

I’m saying we’re regulated on script use by FM due to being a faction. It’s easier to punish rule breakers when they’re centralized in a faction. That’s just logistically sound.

It’s the same reason why only LEO’s have the /arrest command. Easier to punish abuse with people around you and FM watching over most of the time.

EDIT: I also like the idea of a regulated Doctor’s job.

So we're just going around in circles. The suggestion will get resolved if a person from staff wants to take responsibility and supervise the applicants during the application and after they get accepted. Just like the staff does it with the "Supplier Program".

Just now, Gambler said:

So we're just going around in circles. The suggestion will get resolved if a person from staff wants to take responsibility and supervise the applicants during the application and after they get accepted. Just like the staff does it with the "Supplier Program".

Or just have a hospital faction or join one of two clinics currently open trusted to vet people to ensure they dont abuse the title or roleplay and make sure they're competent. 

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic