Independent doctors applications.

Do you like the idea?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description:  An application that recruits people to be doctors by themselves.

Detailed description:  I thought that, if there are "Supplier Program Applications", why not have,  "Independent Doctors Program". Basically people would apply to become a licensed doctor with access to certain commands that would assist such roleplay. 

Commands to add:  Anything that might come in hand to the roleplay. /revive(debatable) /treatwound /stretcher [ID] .

Items to add:  If possible actual medicine items assisted by /createitem. But this is just extra and neglectable.

How would your suggestion improve the server?   From my time roleplaying, I've noticed that the server is in need of actual doctors or an hospital faction. But I think it would be nice to assist people who actually want to RP doctors, but don't want to get involved with FD as it is kinda unrealistic. PD can also call on doctors or private clinics. Maybe this can motivate people to be more active on their own outside of factions.

Additional information:   Maybe this can come in hand for illegal factions as well, to provide more depths in their criminal roleplay. Nowdays criminal organization have personal doctors who are ready at any time. I think this is easily applicable and brings more medical RP options outside of FD.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 2

I do like the idea of allowing people to get a license or some sort in order to have clinics for sure. Private clinics would be interesting. I also think that the idea of this somehow being applied to illegal factions would be cool. The issue is I think it would be heavily abused. With the supplier program to my knowledge people get a set amount of illegal goods per period and are sort of watched over before getting more. I don't know how you would really prevent people from abusing the heal or revive with the exception of making them only have limited uses which still doesn't fully solve it, or requiring an admin approval to use it which makes the command not really useful at all. It sounds like great RP, but I don't know how many people will strictly and accurately portray those illegal doctors you are talking about.

I will hold off on voting for now, but how would you propose this be implemented with some kind of safeguard for abuse?

9 hours ago, Odin said:

but how would you propose this be implemented with some kind of safeguard for abuse?

Undergoing a strict application. Anything else beside that, is trust and judgement that you're accepting the right application.  But I'm sure staff can keep tabs on such people. Maybe making them to fill reports on every patient they have.

Edited by Gambler

As someone who has ran the LSFD for 2 years, I've always been for a Hospital faction, however it hasn't really ever been properly attempted or anything of the likes. Matter of fact, the LSFD would be more than happy to have a Hospital faction exist, if done right, as it's really awkward to drop patients off at hospital and the extent of the RP just finishes with a /do bla bla bla hospital staff NPC. Obviously it's a little more than that but you get the idea.

This gives a great boost to character development instead of just writing random reports and wearing a faction uniform. I'd rather have medics who put in time to develop their character, posses their skills and base their character lives around it, instead of looking at FD & medicine as a whole like a scrit-side pixel-money job.

Hmm revive script should be accessible only to EMT's as they are usually first on the spot? Its the scene of the accident or whatever, where is it decided whether or not the player in question will survive. Because it's pointless to drive dead person in an ambulance afterwards right? As for illegal factions, if it's not a supervised CK, player can ask admin for a revive if they don't wish to be PK'd either and then said independent doctor can come to play. With this program however, a medical record  should come to play as well. Accessible to EMTs for example, so when tending to victims, they know, what they been through so far.

Edited by Engelbert
5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Hmm revive script should be accessible only to EMT's as they are usually first on the spot? Its the scene of the accident or whatever, where is it decided whether or not the player in question will survive. Because it's pointless to drive dead person in an ambulance afterwards right? As for illegal factions, if it's not a supervised CK, player can ask admin for a revive if they don't wish to be PK'd either and then said independent doctor can come to play. With this program however, a medical record  should come to play as well. Accessible to EMTs for example, so when tending to victims, they know, what they been through so far.

You're denying the whole realistic aspect of roleplay this suggestion implies based on script technicalities. You speak with technical solutions provided by what is already IG, such as EMT and Admins, while the person @Daquan Kingston below provides you with fair points of what is realistic. 

1 hour ago, Daquan Kingston said:

This gives a great boost to character development instead of just writing random reports and wearing a faction uniform. I'd rather have medics who put in time to develop their character, posses their skills and base their character lives around it, instead of looking at FD & medicine as a whole like a scrit-side pixel-money job.

• Upvote 1

Yes well realistically people will abuse said commands alot, you know it, I know it. It is a game, a supervised game. Technical stability is what should be maintained as well. Besides when talking about illegal factions, being treated counts as PK to an extent anyway, cause being shot up several times and surviving it, realistically puts you out of commission for months, normally. And that will be abused as well during turf wars. That is actually the only issue I see here. Teaching people to behave with their newly obtained freedom. Besides, how do you expect an independent doctor to revive someone, if they perish in an accident? It's always EMTs who do that. Doctors that he means, are normally found in their own offices or hospitals, unless it isn't organized crime doctor. Who can rush to the scene, of course said patient has to be evacuated before police and EMT arrival for said rp to even be legit. Otherwise I really have no issues with it and I am all for it. The only issue I see here, is the revive command. That of course brings new type of roleplay. Hospital, which we sadly don't have given all work is on FD still. But ofc hospital as a faction would be nice, standalone faction like Pillbox Hill Center or something, also serving as a respawn point, cause LS has more hospitals than just the one we use.

Doctors, nurses, EMTs, whole staff. So even if you accept death at some point, you could be able to choose which hospital you want to spawn at. But that's just a cosmetic addition.

Edited by Engelbert
  • mj2002 locked this topic