Bring back the ability to despawn cars with guns in them at least

R0xx0r

7 minutes ago, AceS| said:

The cars have inventory space

I would agree on being able to RP using a garage or large storage unit to store your car in it and then /vpark it. In real life, you wouldn’t take your eyes off that car without it being hidden out of plain sight. I’m sure not everyone does that though, they just abuse the /vpark system. If this was made an official rule and enforced, I think your ideas would certainly work. If you catch someone just /vparking in a random area, you could report them and have an Admin respawn the car. This could benefit more than just the area of safe guarding weapons. 

Edited by Giles

1 hour ago, AceS| said:

You can only hide them in houses? Have you seen the interiors of 90% of the houses in the county? They're all the stupid camper trevor interior as well, even though they're full fledged trailers outside. 

I'm sorry, but I really didn't understand that. How has interior anything to do with what I said? Cars are more likely to be broken into.

And why the hell does it also include stupid stuff like flashlights, hammers, wrenches, and even my damn parachute?  One of my trucks is RPly a work truck so I keep tools in it.  This is just becoming more of a pain in the ass, than anything.  If we're mad about people storing shit in their cars then lower the inventory space on them, but this is just ridiculous.

• Developer

Locking this.
This was originally a bug, It didn't work for months until we were made aware since a player made a suggestion for it.
It was a feature for god knows how long but it was just broken.

EDIT: I'll read through it though and if any valid points come up I will discuss them with Nervous.

8 hours ago, Roadtrain said:

And why the hell does it also include stupid stuff like flashlights, hammers, wrenches, and even my damn parachute?  One of my trucks is RPly a work truck so I keep tools in it.  This is just becoming more of a pain in the ass, than anything.  If we're mad about people storing shit in their cars then lower the inventory space on them, but this is just ridiculous.

Your car isn't a void safe, in real life you would never store multiple guns in your car parked in the middle of the city, so why would you here?

When it comes to parachutes, wrench etc they'll obviously be allowed. But firearms will remain impossible to put in a despawned car, unless illegal faction management says otherwise. I'll meet with the team later today to discuss it.

• Upvote 1