Bring back the ability to despawn cars with guns in them at least

R0xx0r

@Henning I don't find that offensive as I can't understand why someone should be offended by it unless they're an Asian, even though I did not send any direct insults towards any Asian, whatever though I take back my words. Also who said that I'm a PF owner, so don't jump to IC gun regulations that I should follow because that's literally up to my IC character not for someone to "coach" me OOC. Thank you for the advice but to me it doesn't have much use, others probably.

@Selena My intention wasn't to offend anyone or throw insults because in this thread I don't personally have issues with no one even though I feel like I'm getting shit thrown my way for expressing my opinion publicly even though THAT is not how it should be, for anything potentially offensive I may have said, that is just how my irony and banter are - I take back my words again but people I interact with know that I can be sometimes like that and I don't think someone should feel insulted OOC because of a bad joke that could possibly describe their IC character indirectly ?

Edited by R0xx0r

I can see how there would be positives but I think allowing cars to be despawned with weapons would only negatively effect RP and the illegal economy. In my experience all this is going to lead to is people piling a dozen firearms or tons of drugs in a car and parking it and is exactly what happened on LSRP. The only thing I would say is maybe there is a compromise to be made such as only 1 firearm or something similar to prevent this. One of the things I really like about this server is that due to the robbery system combined with this you actually have to think about where you are going to store your goods and how to stash them rather than just in a trunk and parked. If we're parking our cars especially in poor neighborhoods and just leaving them then I think the possibility of theft is reasonable.

Edited by Odin
3 hours ago, ashamar said:

Would it be detrimental to the server to just not de-spawn any cars?  That way it wouldn't be completely obvious if a car never de-spawns that it must have weapons in it.

This is not feasible due to RageMP sync.

• Upvote 1

No, I agree with this.  I think it's stupid to force people to store their weapons in a house because if you're offline, you can't defend your property.  That is extremely unfair, too.  Realistically, anyone breaking into my house would be getting shot; but if I'm offline, there's not a damn thing I can do about it.  Let people store weapons in their cars.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
21 minutes ago, Roadtrain said:

No, I agree with this.  I think it's stupid to force people to store their weapons in a house because if you're offline, you can't defend your property.  That is extremely unfair, too.  Realistically, anyone breaking into my house would be getting shot; but if I'm offline, there's not a damn thing I can do about it.  Let people store weapons in their cars.

This.

I'll admit I'm one of the few strawman on the server and my house gets broken into more than a handful of times a week because people know the area my house might be and they're hunting for the guns. They do this while I am offline, I can't defend it, nothing. If I just got guns for the month and someone broke into it before I had a chance to sell any, they'd get the whole shipment and in essence that would limit the guns on the server even more. Think about it lol.

Edited by AceS|

It's unfair to criminal role-players to not be able to have any ability to defend their assets. Not everyone on the server might end up having a house because there's a shortage of them in specific areas where people are indeed role-playing. Nevertheless to say everyone's going to cognitively meta-game cars parked around to think they have guns in them. This is essentially setting the precedent of people hoarding properties for the sake of stashing stuff in them & buying anti-theft and any other alarms and locks they realistically wouldn't need/have on their cars so they can keep their stuff stashed in.

26 minutes ago, Roadtrain said:

IRL, can you defend your your property if you’re at work? What about if you go see a movie? Would you be able to defend your house then? You can’t justify your reasoning because your house would be unattended anytime you leave it. Not everyone has an alarm system, so they wouldn’t always know. Break-ins happen whether you can defend against it or not. If you’re a weapons supplier or a lawful citizen who has a gun, would you be able to magically make your car disappear to hide your weapons? 

This is why Admins spectate break-ins. They should be able to take notice on if they are specifically looking for weapons. I disagree with allowing them to be stashed in cars and then being able to just “poof” your car without any risk to you. It’s not realistic at all. 

There needs to be another solution, such as being able to expand the /stashinfo rules on your house to allow for better hiding places for more valuable items. 

Edited by Giles