Roleplaying the CoronaVirus situation from your character POV.

Players should be able to roleplay in game without the virus coming up constantly and no one should roleplay having the coronavirus nor should anyone be forced by other players to roleplay anything as a result of the coronavirus (i.e social distancing). We will take admin action if we find people forcing this kind of roleplay on others.

It would not be poor roleplay if you have no intention of roleplaying any effects the 'news' of cornavirus could have on your character. (For example your character doesn't need to be concerned about the stock market crashing as a result).

Players should be allowed to ignore it when they play this as it's a game & a form of escapism from what's happening in the real world. Where many people are in incredibly difficult situations. 

And just to be very clear, no character can RP being infected by it.

No.

I’d prefer if CV-19 wasn’t even mentioned.

Why?

It’s a worldwide Pandemic, effecting every nature of life. Even Cartels in Mexico are effected by it. Now, do you really want to roleplay sitting in your house with a State-mandated stay-at-home order? You can still roleplay with your friends! Online... wait...

We’re already doing that irl.

No.

Also FD is not prepped for Pandemic operations, because we don’t even consider it a factor. If we did, we’d operate at half shift, wear full BSI gear, and treat every patient like a possible contamination. 

Which is not as fun as you’d thing. We have HazMat, or well are eventually starting it up, but no way is HazMat going to every kid on the block with CV.

Also you WANT to roleplay staying away from people? Isnt it insanely hard to even find people in GTAW? How is that fun?

Edited by KinnyWynny
35 minutes ago, Notbond said:

Players should be able to roleplay in game without the virus coming up constantly and no one should roleplay having the coronavirus nor should anyone be forced by other players to roleplay anything as a result of the coronavirus (i.e social distancing). We will take admin action if we find people forcing this kind of roleplay on others.

It would not be poor roleplay if you have no intention of roleplaying any effects the 'news' of cornavirus could have on your character. (For example your character doesn't need to be concerned about the stock market crashing as a result).

Players should be allowed to ignore it when they play this as it's a game & a form of escapism from what's happening in the real world. Where many people are in incredibly difficult situations. 

And just to be very clear, no character can RP being infected by it.

Either ban it completely or allow it. Right now It’s still a gray area and players will draw their own lines on what can be done and what can not be roleplayed.

It’s a virus. Right now one can roleplay being infected, but is not allowed to ‘spread’ the disease.

How will administrators monitor this?

It’s a virus. Right now one can roleplay being infected, but is not allowed to ‘spread’ the disease.

"And just to be very clear, no character can RP being infected by it."

No character can RP being infected by it, however, it's impossible for us to say people can't talk about it as that's pretty unenforceable. Though as I tried to highlight in my post, people don't need to roleplay anything related to coroanvirus. 

2 minutes ago, Notbond said:

No character can RP being infected by it, however, it's impossible for us to say people can't talk about it as that's pretty unenforceable. Though as I tried to highlight in my post, people don't need to roleplay anything related to coroanvirus. 

That means Its not allowed to roleplay being sick of the virus, yet the virus exists in the world we roleplay in? Half of the world is in quarantine. Wouldn’t this have a major impact on LS?

Does this also mean players can roleplay all the economic and other consequences that the virus brings along? Are business owners allowed to roleplay taking precautions? 

Y'all need to realize, you want to roleplay COVID, then you're also forcing every law enforcement entity to enforce curfews and go after people for just driving down the street. The entire server would be forced to stay at home and not go out in public unless absolutely necessary. Untenable situation.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, A_Acko said:

That means Its not allowed to roleplay being sick of the virus, yet the virus exists in the world we roleplay in? Half of the world is in quarantine. Wouldn’t this have a major impact on LS?

Does this also mean players can roleplay all the economic and other consequences that the virus brings along? Are business owners allowed to roleplay taking precautions? 

This pretty much answered your question already.

2 hours ago, Notbond said:

No one should roleplay having the coronavirus nor should anyone be forced by other players to roleplay anything as a result of the coronavirus (i.e social distancing). We will take admin action if we find people forcing this kind of roleplay on others.

Edited by Kestalas
3 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

No.

I’d prefer if CV-19 wasn’t even mentioned.

Why?

It’s a worldwide Pandemic, effecting every nature of life. Even Cartels in Mexico are effected by it. Now, do you really want to roleplay sitting in your house with a State-mandated stay-at-home order? You can still roleplay with your friends! Online... wait...

We’re already doing that irl.

No.

Also FD is not prepped for Pandemic operations, because we don’t even consider it a factor. If we did, we’d operate at half shift, wear full BSI gear, and treat every patient like a possible contamination. 

Which is not as fun as you’d thing. We have HazMat, or well are eventually starting it up, but no way is HazMat going to every kid on the block with CV.

Also you WANT to roleplay staying away from people? Isnt it insanely hard to even find people in GTAW? How is that fun?

Completely agree. I'm here escaping from this corona virus mess and then some player ruins my RP experience by making it an IC thing too, even though the server clearly isn't ready. Curfew would be really shitty and RPing a lockdown ain't fun either.

2 hours ago, A_Acko said:

Either ban it completely or allow it. Right now It’s still a gray area and players will draw their own lines on what can be done and what can not be roleplayed.

It’s a virus. Right now one can roleplay being infected, but is not allowed to ‘spread’ the disease.

Exactly, I've come across so many people RPing that schools for example are closed because of the threat, thus being free and having a mini vacation. This is part of a lockdown and they're basically forcing me to RP along so my char isn't able to go to school either. It resulsts in some really awkward roleplay situations. Grey area's are never a good thing, either allow it or don't.

13 minutes ago, Triple-J said:

they're basically forcing me to RP along so my char isn't able to go to school either. It resulsts in some really awkward roleplay situations. Grey area's are never a good thing, either allow it or don't.

This is what is not allowed. Report them. NotBond just got finished saying that anything being forced upon your character regarding the virus is wrong. Just completely ignore their RP surrounding the virus. I agree it should be just enforced as non-existent, but this is what we have to deal with.

Edited by Kestalas
18 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

This is what is not allowed. Report them. NotBond just got finished saying that anything being forced upon your character regarding the virus is wrong. Just completely ignore their RP surrounding the virus. I agree it should be just enforced as non-existent, but this is what we have to deal with.

Yeah I think if I would ask them in /b they'd be okay with me not roleplaying that. However that just makes the whole situation just even more awkward for me.

• Cara locked this topic