Endless reconnecting / Connection lost download loop.

Sapphire

So, I've been having this issue for a while now. Haven't been able to properly play GTA:W for months. I'm on my like 15th + reinstall of RAGE and 3rd of windows, so far no luck. 

Whenever I try to play GTA W, I get a endless reconnecting loop and can't login. It starts loading the map icons and stuff and doesn't get past that. Not sure what to do now. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Sapphire

Run steam as admin, Rockstar Launcher as admin and then RAGE MP as admin, in that order. Or try using shift+tab and wait a minute and then close the overlay and it should take you to the login screen. Also you can hit the HOME key to bring up the social club overlay and it might work like the way I explained with steam. And you should play in windowed mode. That is everything I had to try to get in game and it worked.

• Upvote 1

Tried excluding Ragemp, Rockstar launcher & GTA 5 from your Firewall rules? 

EDIT: nvm already been suggested to you on Discord earlier
I'm pretty much clueless but what you could try is doing a factory reset of your router. (Keep in mind this will  revert any changes you've made to your router settings to default). I know there's some router settings that prevent you from accessing certain web addresses or connecting to game servers. Not sure what setting that is but I remember not being able to access the GTA:W forums nor connect to their servers having some sort of setting in the router enabled. That and port forwarding GTA:W in your Router is something you could try although I doubt that would resolve the issue

Edited by Raindance
  • Upvote 2

When you get the connection lost error, open the rockstar Overlay and re trigger the download. While your game is downloading reopen the overlay and let it stay open for 5-10 minutes. When you exit the overlay you’ll be at the login screen.

2 hours ago, Sapphire said:

So, I've been having this issue for a while now. Haven't been able to properly play GTA:W for months. I'm on my like 15th + reinstall of RAGE and 3rd of windows, so far no luck. 

Whenever I try to play GTA W, I get a endless reconnecting loop and can't login. It starts loading the map icons and stuff and doesn't get past that. Not sure what to do now. 

https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/11576-fix-connection-lost-australia-south-asia/

One of these options depending on whether you have the Steam or Rockstar version, should work for you. Basically wait until it starts downloading the files again after the first lost connection message. Once it says download complete, open your Steam or Rockstar overlay for about a minute and then close it. You will be at the login screen.

Edited by Giles
6 hours ago, Sapphire said:

Here are the steps.

1.) Connect to the server.

2.) Wait for the packages to load. Once they have been loaded, "Welcome to GTA World" will appear on your top left corner.

3.) 

ROCKSTAR VERSION : Press HOME Button

Once you have done that, Rockstar Overlay will appear. Wait for around 10 seconds before pressing the button once again and it should bring you to the login page, if not try waiting  a little bit longer.

STEAM VERSION : Press SHIFT+TAB

Once you have done that, Steam Overlay will appear. Wait for around 10 seconds before pressing the buttons once again and it should bring you to the login page, if not try waiting  a little bit longer.

NOTE: Reinstalling the game, or RageMP will not help you. It can take up to five minutes before successfully connected if you are playing in Australia.

Edited by RapatKung

I have the exact same issue.

This method works for me:

• Start everything as admin.

• As soon as it downloads packages and says, "Download complete, compiling client scripts" hit the HOME key to bring up the Rockstar social club window.

• Let it wait for 5 minutes or more.  I read something on my phone.

• Press ESC to close the Rockstar window.

• The game will freeze for 30 seconds while it is starting.

• The GTAW login screen comes up as it should.

I do this every time I play, sometimes a couple of times, but the longer I leave the Rockstar window up the more likely it works right off the bat.  This method is pretty much the same as what Giles, Henning, and RapatKung are recommending.

• Upvote 1