Traffic Cameras/Speeding Cameras

Kyra

17 minutes ago, full of sin said:

im all up for speeding cameras (even though i am the one speeding), but i'd also like to see a system where cameras would be in different places every couple of days, prevents players from learning where the cameras r n slowing down in that area right before speeding off. obviously lspd/lssd should have the ability to see ur speeding tickets and chase u if u don't pay them on time.

So an RNG camera system? Doesn't work at all like this IRL. The way discuss being "chased" makes it seem like you think this is a CnR server.

Please no, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even speed! (Laptop gaming and speeding = VDM disaster)

Yes it's annoying that people race around with no regard for human life, but I feel like traffic cameras are a lazy way of law enforcement. Plus, I wonder about the accuracy of a speed traffic camera taking a picture of a car going 100mph+. The picture might come out blurry or taken a few microseconds too late.

Anyway, don't punish every speeder for a few obnoxious racers.

3 hours ago, full of sin said:

makes it feel like a cnr server with everybody going 100+ through the city

Don't you think a heavy roleplay server feeling like a CNR server should be dealt with OOCly rather than punishing through IC means? If people are driving around cars capable going 100+ easily through the city, and giving no respect to realism, they clearly do not care about their IC stats or anything else, they're just here to cruise around the map at speed.

In response to Syrike - that's a great idea, ONLY if this is temporary in speed-string operations, as opposed to being parked by an officer and permanently remaining there.

But, this is already available in every police car and willing officers can easily monitor the speed and pull people over for speeding, if the PD concentrated on this, people would establish a fear and feeling of the need to roleplay realistically.

Edited by Dorano
  • 9 months later...