Farming, Hunting, Fishing and Food system

Morgan

What do you think?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Advanced issue found

?
59 minutes ago, Hanred said:

you would realise that it's just inconvenient how often your char would get hungry and thirsty so you would have to go drink a water, eat some food and roleplay around it.

I understand where you're coming from and that's why I suggested that we will only have to eat once in approximately 6 hours of gameplay, which seems to me quite enough not to be a nuisance and not to disturb any RP situation, heck even if you feel hungry during an RP situation, you could passively RP pulling out a snack and consume it, which will actually enhance the realism of the situation, by showing your humane characteristics.

Advanced issue found

36 minutes ago, BobBob said:

i would support the hunger bar if we had the ability to buy food products and make the food at home.

It is in my original suggestion, yes you can make food at home by buying ingredients at convenience stores, farmer's market, etc and you can store the ingredients in your house for later use.

• Upvote 1

You could roleplay showing humane reactions of hunger and thirst if you wish to, just like how people roleplay getting sick in game. I don't think hunger/thirst part is necessary, yet I'd agree that rest could bring more color and variation to roleplay. People visit restaurants and roleplay being drug addicts, they roleplay having mental disorders and getting sick occasionally. It's not something forced, they do it because they would like to do that. Whereas I see your point, trying to get new players into roleplaying humane reactions or getting hunger/thirst bars therefore sustaining economy with the systems but forcing it with a system could also cause retarded-rp situations where people chomp 4 burgers just to get enough hunger bar to continue their shift vice versa.

the draining health is 100% not needed and would decrease the enjoyability of the server. Make it slow people down or give visual effects, but health draining isnt enjoyable in anyway way and is unrealistic unless u dont eat/drink for like a week.

30 minutes ago, Shekh said:

the draining health is 100% not needed and would decrease the enjoyability of the server. Make it slow people down or give visual effects, but health draining isnt enjoyable in anyway way and is unrealistic unless u dont eat/drink for like a week.

I don't know if you've went through the entire post, but that's exactly what I suggested! 

53 minutes ago, Hanred said:

You could roleplay showing humane reactions of hunger and thirst if you wish to, just like how people roleplay getting sick in game. I don't think hunger/thirst part is necessary, yet I'd agree that rest could bring more color and variation to roleplay. People visit restaurants and roleplay being drug addicts, they roleplay having mental disorders and getting sick occasionally. It's not something forced, they do it because they would like to do that. Whereas I see your point, trying to get new players into roleplaying humane reactions or getting hunger/thirst bars therefore sustaining economy with the systems but forcing it with a system could also cause retarded-rp situations where people chomp 4 burgers just to get enough hunger bar to continue their shift vice versa.

I completely agree with you, and that's why, as I suggested, one meal will satisfy your hunger for long long hours. I don't want the hunger bar to be something you worry about and you check every now and then afraid of dying, but more like "oh shit I'm kinda hungry, let's eat something!". I know a lot of people are skeptical about this suggestion because they see a hunger system in other servers and they immediately imagine that same system here, but we have creative people in our community that can work on something new that fits our server and our RP standards.

I'm loving this, especially the farming and hunting activities that will rise about it. However, I do think something like a message popping on your chat and visual effects appearing for oneself, without much annoyance, would be more than enough. I agree that the bars will do look quite RPG'ish and people will, one way or another, stress about that. Make it something that pops once hungry and the visual effects gravity may be manipulated for further hunger stages. 

2 hours ago, DRUNKY said:

I'm loving this, especially the farming and hunting activities that will rise about it. However, I do think something like a message popping on your chat and visual effects appearing for oneself, without much annoyance, would be more than enough. I agree that the bars will do look quite RPG'ish and people will, one way or another, stress about that. Make it something that pops once hungry and the visual effects gravity may be manipulated for further hunger stages. 

I really like that idea. Maybe something will pop up every 2-3 minutes in the left bottom corner just like the SMS notification. I guess in real life, you know you're hungry because you feel it, you don't have a statistical app telling you exactly how much food you need or such. I'll make sure to update the OP with all these ideas.

EDIT: As a lot of people have shown their concern about this being RPGish, and I agree with them completely, I decided to edit this part to be more representative of real hunger and thirst, following @DRUNKY 's excellent idea, by removing the HUNGER/THIRST BAR completely and replace it with occasional notifications similar to an SMS received message, which will appear whenever your character feels hungry or thirsty. Depending on the intensity of the hunger and the thirst, the frequency of the notifications would increase, alongside the aforementioned visual and stamina/movement inconvenience. 

oF41A8w.png

Edited by Morgan

Normally I'd be against a hunger and thirst system, but with the suggestion of it being represented as notifications stating that you're feeling hungry, or your stomach is rumbling makes the system sound more interesting and approachable. I'd give my support for that.

I'd like to add that creating SUPERMARKET business would be a great idea. Make it like a garage lease and the player should explain how he would be able to own a supermarket with his assets and needs to roleplay it properly. I mean, I'd like to go to the supermarket to buy food materials for my pub instead of waiting a random trucker to /unloadcrate /sellcrate.

Also, Since it's kinda MMORPGish, I'd like just to receive a message if I'm hungry without scripts downside to make sure I portrait my hunger the way I want, like the sober message.

Edited by joaoivis
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic