Farming, Hunting, Fishing and Food system

Morgan

What do you think?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Farming, Hunting, Fishing and Food system

Short description:

A demand and supply circular economy based on food products with actual scripted effects and RP interactive jobs. The suggestion is simply to have the ability to create food products from farming, fishing, and hunting which will then be transported to restaurants and stores where these ingredients will be used to create different consumable recipes, which will satisfy the player's hunger and thirst.

Detailed description:

The food industry is a huge influencer in real life's economy. The fact that food doesn't have any effect pushes people away from RPing eating and impacts our economy heavily, as the only sources of depleting one's money in-game are taxes and insurance which are very little. A food system is much needed to help with the server's economy and this suggestion is especially aiming to do that while providing RP jobs that interact with each other in a circular economy. 

Before we get to the food system, these are the different methods to produce ingredients that will then be used to create food recipes.

Farming (Fruits and vegetables):

This part is pretty basic and was already explained more or less here by somebody else. This requires the addition of a farmer job and farm ownership just like a business. Farmers will have the ability to do different activities related to farming (planting grains, harvesting, picking fruits) which will end up in creating different food products, mainly fruits and vegetables. These products will be stored in the farmer's market to be sold for personal use or they will be transported by truckers to stores and restaurants.

image.png.7e51e4569b3c6a31581cba63eb7efce6.png

Hunting (Meat and chicken):

I know there are some problems with hunting in RageMP or that's what some people say, I actually saw some servers having a working hunting system in Rage, but anyway, this suggestion is for the long term and it is not necessary for the entire food system to work. Basically, people will be hunting animals and taking meat out of them, which will also be transported by truckers to stores and restaurants.

image.png.3c7ef4b2b5c9045babf2861d50b0b8e4.png

Fishing (Fish):

We already have a fishing job. I have never tried it but I believe fish is being sold somewhere. These fish products will now be sold in the fish market. They will then be transported by truckers to restaurants.

image.png.80dfee8a2b320818a69be3678a7afe1d.png

Food system:

Basically, the food products that were produced from farming, hunting, and fishing will consist of different ingredients for different recipes. These ingredients (eg. meat, vegetables, fruits, fish) will be mainly used in restaurants to create different recipes and each recipe will satisfy the hunger and thirst of the consumer differently. Eating a steak is not the same as eating ice cream.

Players will have hunger and thirst bars somewhere on the screen which will go down as time passes. The hunger and thirst bars will have four stages: STARVING -> HUNGRY -> FULL and THIRSTY -> SATISFIED. The bars should probably go down every 6 hours you play in-game. 6 hours is enough for players to finish RP situations and this will also make food a minor issue as I don't want this to become a survival game. When the bar goes down to STARVING and THIRSTY, there should be some visual effects to cause discomfort for the player which would urge him to go grab a bite. Eventually, if the hunger bar stays at "starving" for too long, perhaps this will cause stamina problems and eventually will drain the health bar.

EDIT: As a lot of people have shown their concern about this being RPGish, and I agree with them completely, I decided to edit this part to be more representative of real hunger and thirst, following @DRUNKY 's excellent idea, by removing the HUNGER/THIRST BAR completely and replace it with occasional notifications similar to an SMS received message, which will appear whenever your character feels hungry or thirsty. Depending on the intensity of the hunger and the thirst, the frequency of the notifications would increase, alongside the aforementioned visual and stamina/movement inconvenience. 

oF41A8w.png

Recipes and ingredients:

There will be two types of recipes: NUTRITIOUS and UNWHOLESOME. The former will satisfy your hunger for 6 hours while the latter will only satisfy your hunger for one hour.

Example:

By using different combinations of the same ingredients, we create the following recipes:

Ingredients: Meat, Fish, Fruits, Vegetables, Dough, Flour, Water, Wine, Pasta, Milk

Recipes:

Seafood Pizza (+90 hunger / +10 thirst): 1 Dough, 1 Flour, 1 Water, 1 Tomato, 1 Fish

Salad (+70 hunger / +20 thirst): 2 Vegetables.

Spaghetti with meatball (+90 hunger / +20 thirst):1  Meat, 1 Pasta

Hamburger: (+80 hunger / +20 thirst): 1 Dough, 1 Water, 1 Meat, 1 Vegetables

Milk Shake: (+0 hunger / +80 thirst): 2 Fruits, 1 Milk

Water bottle: (+0 hunger / +90 thirst): 1 Water

EDIT: I've given it some thoughts and I've seen how the server is progressing so I'm reshaping the recipes to fit the newest update.

By using one of these ingredients, you could create customizable dishes:

Alcohol:  You could create any alcohol-based drink which is customizable to have a unique name to every bar/club. (e.g. Vodka, Martini...)

Meat: You can create any meat-based meal with a customizable name. (Hamburger, Pork Chops...)

Vegetables: You can create any vegetable-based meal with a customizable name. (Salad, some vegan food...)

And the list goes on...

Food in restaurants will generally be NUTRITIOUS. Restaurants should have a kitchen inventory for storing ingredients (/kinv). Only those with the "Cook" job can cook outside houses. The cook will be able to create different recipes and sell them to customers. Having nutritious food limited to restaurants will push people to visit restaurants from time to time to promote RPing with restaurant staff.

image.png.3373cbb3e10b63d4f77be3d072d2613f.png

Food in 24/7 stores should be limited to UNWHOLESOME food: biscuits, crackers, chocolate, etc. These products will be directly transported from the supplier to the stores. This type of food will only satisfy hunger slightly, pushing people to go to restaurants and fast-food chains.

image.png.26069d228e32dd42c80ee8b4d320aeb8.png

Food in houses: 

People should be able to buy food products from the farmer's market directly and some products from 24/7 stores also (e.g. milk..) for cooking food in their homes. Each house should have a kitchen inventory similar to those in restaurants but obviously with less space.

image.png.855663480e82318e0852211ea8f19c45.png

Food carts/Food trucks:

People who work at food carts will have to buy ingredients at the farmer's market, transport them in their car and store them in the "food cart kitchen" just like a restaurant. Recipes in carts and trucks will be NUTRITIOUS.

image.png.78837c62677e3d229a5797e590080617.pngimage.png.e315c8354d2ed26f4d06a531553d988a.png    

Food in prison: Inmates will now also have the possibility to eat and drink in prison. Following the same system, ingredients will be transported to the prison where a prison cook will create food for the inmates.

image.png.2361806673e64ad042b19d25b080ba5d.png

Food animations:

There are a lot of eating and drinking animations that can be triggered when you /useitem a recipe.

Commands to add:

/cook [name]: to create recipes using ingredients from the kitchen's inventory.

/kinv: to check the ingredients present in the kitchen's inventory.

/recipes: to see all available recipes.

Items to add:

Recipes, ingredients, Farming Business, Fish Market, Farmer's Market, Kitchen inventory in restaurants, houses, prison and food carts.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Realism, don't need to explain this more.

Creating more RP opportunities and more RP jobs.

More RP in the county.

The difference in food items will now be important.

Additional information:

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 10
  • Applaud 3
On 2/28/2020 at 10:19 PM, Tr1bal said:

Not maybe exactly as explained in OP but I am all hands on deck for the general idea of some basic hunger system to help out with the economy.

Yeah this was just some brainstorming, I didn't think of every small detail and it's up to everyone to mold the idea into something we can work with. My intention was to promote more realism, more RP jobs and more RP in the countryside. 

• Upvote 1

It'd be honestly a great thing to do, I don't really think the hunger system.
But what I'd give to have a real nice farming-system put into the game, that'd make roleplay out in Sandy Shores  / Grapeseed and the surrounding area much more fun, let alone better interactions and further immersion.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Crocker said:

All for the jobs, but a hunger system? This isn't an RPG. If people are incapable of roleplaying little things then don't roleplay with them. 

Refrain from using the word RPG as we have scripted Greenthumb perks on weed growers , scripted shell casings with a scripted temperature that can burn your fingers, scripted alcohol that gives you a scripted blood alcohol level and also narcotics that give you a visual effect along with a scripted health boost.

1 hour ago, Crocker said:

All for the jobs, but a hunger system? This isn't an RPG. If people are incapable of roleplaying little things then don't roleplay with them. 

People will simply not waste their money buying food and drinks. It is rare when people take time from their day to RP their everyday needs. Yes, it happens sometimes where some people frequent a coffee shop or a restaurant but that's just a very small minority. With a hunger/thirst system, you will now find at times crowded restaurants where people would dine, coffee and donuts shops where cops will go for a break and interact more with people rather than sitting in their cars waiting for something to happen. People will start going to stores to buy snacks to block their hunger while on the road.

I specifically suggested that characters won't feel hunger only after 6 hours of in-game time, this will not in any way disrupt any RP situation you may be in.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

People will simply not waste their money buying food and drinks. It is rare when people take time from their day to RP their everyday needs. Yes, it happens sometimes where some people frequent a coffee shop or a restaurant but that's just a very small minority. With a hunger/thirst system, you will now find at times crowded restaurants where people would dine, coffee and donuts shops where cops will go for a break and interact more with people rather than sitting in their cars waiting for something to happen. People will start going to stores to buy snacks to block their hunger while on the road.

I specifically suggested that characters won't feel hunger only after 6 hours of in-game time, this will not in any way disrupt any RP situation you may be in.

Or they would go to any 24/7 stock up on burgers or tacos and use them everytime the hunger system obliges them to.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:33 AM, Radhwan said:

Or they would go to any 24/7 stock up on burgers or tacos and use them everytime the hunger system obliges them to.

I specifically suggested that food from 24/7 will be less "nutritious" (e.g. biscuits and chocolate), in other words, that type of food will only satisfy their hunger for 1 hour in comparison to food from restaurants which would satisfy their hunger for 6 hours. They can't spam eating the food from 24/7 because eating a second 24/7 meal within the same hour of the first one will have no effect on their hunger. I haven't thought about it before, but we could also make the 3rd consecutive 24/7 meal ineffective in satisfying one's hunger, and so they will have to get real food in a restaurant just like a real person would need to consume real food at some point during the day.

Advanced issues found

?
On 2/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, Morgan said:

On 2/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, Morgan said:

EDIT: As a lot of people have shown their concern about this being RPGish, and I agree with them completely, I decided to edit this part to be more representative of real hunger and thirst, following @DRUNKY 's excellent idea, by removing the HUNGER/THIRST BAR completely and replace it with occasional notifications similar to an SMS received message, which will appear whenever your character feels hungry or thirsty. Depending on the intensity of the hunger and the thirst, the frequency of the notifications would increase, alongside the aforementioned visual and stamina/movement inconvenience. 

oF41A8w.png

Edited by Morgan
  • mj2002 locked and unlocked this topic
  • mj2002 locked this topic