Changes to faction garage

Cobra

Short description:

Faction garages will have a unique list of vehicles at each, and the number of faction garages depends on the number of properties.

Detailed description:
Faction owners will be able to choose which vehicles can go to which faction garage.

A limit will be enforced by property/faction management as to how many vehicles can be at each faction garage on a case by case basis. So a small garage with a parking lot for two vehicles wont be able to have six helicopters at it but could have six motorcycles. 

Each faction garage will have a unique ID, and each vehicle listed under that faction garage will be unique to that faction garage. This prevents non-RP use, for example spawning a vehicle that would usually live in Los Santos in Paleto Bay.

There will also no longer be a limit of 3 faction garages per faction; instead there will be the option to have one faction garage per property the faction owns. Again enforced by property/faction management.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

• Enforce realism and prevent abuse
  • Allow factions or groups to have vehicles at each one of their properties

Using the Los Santos Fire Department as an example:

• We have 7 Fire stations, 2 Lifeguard Stations and 0 airbases
  • We only have 3 faction garages (El Burro, Paleto Bay and Vespucci Beach)
  • Fire Station 7 (El Burro) has access to 47 vehicles - that includes 4 helicopters, 2 boats and 2 JetSkis when it only has a small yard and 6 vehicle bays
  • This suggestion would allow us to have 9 faction garages for each property we currently own
  • We'd also be able to specify which of our vehicles will be at each property; e.g. the boats at Vespucci Beach, helicopters at an airbase, a few apparatus at Paleto Bay...etc. 

Additional information:

The command ability to spawn vehicles from our faction garages! 

Vehicles assigned to Fire Station 129 are limited by the physical space: six bays (3 front, 3 back) and a large yard.

If they want access to another vehicle, they have to go to another fire station to get it!

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, absolutely.  We're doing our best right now in the LSFD to find workarounds for the current script but it's difficult.  We're scriptly limited from expanding because of the limitations.  I know the server has to load all of the faction garages but I don't think it be adding too many more.  PD and SD shouldn't need more than 4-5 apiece.  Right now we're needing more in FD because we're wanting to expand but this is making it complicated.

This surprised me when I first joined SD and found the garages at Sandy Shores and at TTCF were joint. I'd definitely rather see split garages dependant on location and need as it allows for more ease of access (not having to scroll through 40 cars, bikes and boats to spawn a helicopter at a helipad for example) aswell as better organization all round. I'd definitely like to see this.

1 minute ago, r0yal said:

This surprised me when I first joined SD and found the garages at Sandy Shores and at TTCF were joint. I'd definitely rather see split garages dependant on location and need as it allows for more ease of access (not having to scroll through 40 cars, bikes and boats to spawn a helicopter at a helipad for example) aswell as better organization all round. I'd definitely like to see this.

this man speaks the truth

• 2 weeks later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic