Smartphone... S20+ or A71

St3fan[NL]

• Developer

Hey!

In the Netherlands and probably a lot of other countries you can get a contract for your phone with x amount of data and call minutes.

We can also choose a phone for a lowered price per month.. It's my time to renew my contract as my last 2 years are almost completed.

I am really struggling to choose between either the new S20 plus or the A71...

So let me put the price things along side each other..

unknown.png

What do you guys think I should do?

I always buy my phones. I don't want to have a BKR registration (it's a Dutch thing idk).

I'd say go for the S20. It's the new hot thing + it's waterproof which is handier than u think. I don't like cheaping out on stuff if I have to use it every single day. 

Edited by dionkoffie
  • Developer
1 minute ago, Lmao said:

I think it is just a personal preference, to be honest, there is no objective yes or no answer. Sure, the A71 is the better bang for your buck, but it just is not a Samsung. I know buying based upon brand is silly, but I think it is something we all do. I would've gone for the Samsung, but that's just my two-cents.

The A71 is also from Samsung, its just the A series instead of S series ? 

Samsungs are over rated, I've bought a Xiaomi Pocophone F1 almost a year and a half ago, has android like samsung as well. It's still working perfectly without any trouble, has high specs for a price of 250euros ( at least when I bought it was that price). Try Xiaomi and I guarantee you you'll like it.

Just now, St3fan[NL] said:

Yup, cause im a Samsung guy. No Apple or Sony. Huawai might be an option but I cant even spell its brand LMAO

I wouldn't recommend a Huawei either. Especially not with the recent drama that is going on with Google (and the US). 
However, there are definitely better (in my opinion) Android alternatives out on the market, without the annoying and intrusive One UI that Samsung insists on putting on top of their Android OS. If they could offer me a clean Android experience, I'd consider them. But since they can't, I'll pass.

So, I would consider these instead if I were you, if you want to step out of the comfort zone and try a more clean Android.

OnePlus 7T Pro or the Motorola One Zoom if you're on a budget.