FPS stutter after 20-40 minutes of playing GT-MP.

Ervious

Hello.

I just wanted to clear things up since I'm still experiencing FPS stutters after average of 20-40 minutes of playing GT-MP. My average FPS is around 80-90, but then after previously mentioned time I start to notice small stutters and FPS drops to 20-25, then they hop back on to 80-90. I still continue playing with them, but they're annoying. Consulting with some other players in game about this issue, they suggested switching to DirectX10, because that fixes this issue. Still next issue occurs, that every time I launch GT-MP it automatically sets in settings to DirectX11, but other settings remain. When I mark "settings" file in MyDocuments as read-only, launch GT-MP and try to join server GT-MP crashes. Could this possibly mean memory leak? Since I do have only 8GB(4GB+4GB) of DDR4 (2133Mhz) RAM.

6 hours ago, david78999 said:

My setting for DirectX10 also reverts back to 11 everytime I launch GTAMP.

This is because in order to run GTMP, you need 11 and not 10 or 10.1 otherwise the game will crash. Regarding the fps drop, it is a common issue and alot of discussion was held on the forum as well as on the discord. It seems that GTMP developers are still working on that issue. The problem seems to be a memory leak which causes slow rendering of objects after playing the game for few minutes and causes FPS drop too. Another such example is PUBG which causes memory leak too as of now.

47 minutes ago, CrewMaster said:

This is because in order to run GTMP, you need 11 and not 10 or 10.1 otherwise the game will crash. Regarding the fps drop, it is a common issue and alot of discussion was held on the forum as well as on the discord. It seems that GTMP developers are still working on that issue. The problem seems to be a memory leak which causes slow rendering of objects after playing the game for few minutes and causes FPS drop too. Another such example is PUBG which causes memory leak too as of now.

Thanks, that clears things up for me.

1 hour ago, CrewMaster said:

This is because in order to run GTMP, you need 11 and not 10 or 10.1 otherwise the game will crash.

That's not true. You can force DX 10 or 10.1 in the commandline and nothing wrong happens, it actually reduces crashes for me as well as increases the FPS.

• taylor locked this topic