State-Wide Health Insurance Scheme

Kozzie

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
State-Wide Health Care Insurance for all Medical and Allied Service centers.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION:
Considering we are starting to open medical clinics around the city and medical roleplay is becoming more relevant and desired by a large portion of the playerbase my idea is to create a public fund in which people can pay insurance for to cover their medical expenses. This should be relatively simple as there will be a sitting public fund where when people pay their insurance premiums it adds to the fund and when they pay for their treatments it comes out of the fund rather than their own pocket.

REASONING / HOW IT WOULD IMPROVE THE SERVER:
Quite often medical treatments can take up quite a lot of time and the cost of these treatments can be quite extensive. To aid those on lower incomes or those with medical conditions that require numerous visits with a consultant this would help ensure they can afford to seek all required treatments, as well as provide a relatively decent income to medical clinic staff. At the moment a problem is that the consultations and sessions can last from 15 minutes to hours yet still earn the same average amount as a retail worker selling an item within 5 minutes. As well as this it can provide LSPD and other law enforcement agencies to have investigations into insurance fraud etc.

SCRIPT IMPLEMENTATIONS:
A public fund will need to be created that is accessible with the following commands. The City of Los Santos should have access to view the funds amount as well as change and edit the insurance premium amount and IC legal requirements. Patients should be given a card (similar to a license) upon receiving medical insurance and that will be how they pay for their consultations and treatments.

COMMANDS TO ADD:

For the Los Santos City Council / State Government:
/checkhealthfund - Checks the balance of the Public Health Insurance Fund. 
/sethealthfund - Sets the cost of Insurance Premiums for Patients/Clients
/stophealth - Temporarily puts a hold on accessing the Public Health Insurance Fund
/allowhealth - Allows access to the Public Health Insurance Fund again

For Patients & Clients:
/buyhealth - Allows the patient to purchase health insurance. This can either be for a set standard of time such as the 12 months license or can be offered different lengths of time to help with cost pricing, or a small portion can come out of each pay on a permanent basis until cancelled
/cancelhealth - IF decided that the insurance will be permanent until cancelled then this command can be used by patients to stop their insurance.
/payhealth - The most important command of all. This is used to pay for treatments and consultations instead of /pay at Medical Clinics and other health related centers and the money will come out of the insurance fund rather than their own pocket. The payment receiver will receive the money just like they would if it were /pay. This should also be enforced by OOC rules stating it can only be used in medical clinics so it is not used for other purposes, just how ICly healthcare cards are only accepted at medical and health clinics. Or to increase RP that OOC rule can be scrapped and Law Enforcement can have more investigation based RP based around fraudulent healthcare transactions etc.

ITEMS TO ADD:
Only a health care card which would be like a license would need to be added.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Thanks for reading guys! if anyone has any ideas to add to this suggestion please feel free!

Edited by Sotario
  • Upvote 4

The suggestion was well formulated, and all that but---.... I just don't see the reason. 

If this is added, why not add property tax, tax deductions, business entities tax, social security, penalties for missing tax, IRS...

Then you might aswell make GTA:W into a ultra-realistic taxes, health care, and insurance payments simulator!

That was just... a fancy way of saying I don't support it.  

-1 (I don't see how new players will see it as an attractive thing. More like an ugly inconvenience for some, In my opinion atleast.

Edited by cracked
  • Upvote 1

Whilst I understand your point, which is quite a valid one, I still believe this idea to be beneficial and primarily to those new players, so they can receive care cheaper.

As mentioned medical care RP is much longer than most other, if not all other types of shops, businesses and companies. So to pay staff even just a decent amount for their time, whilst not draining a patients bank account is nearly impossible to accomplish. Especially if there are multiple staff treating a patient. If this service was available those in those situations would be able to have their care covered and staff paid.

This is aimed primarily at those players who are new and cant properly afford it or those RPing poorer players who will never be able to properly afford it. Its a public service idea, not a public revenue idea.

Seems like a pretty decent idea. Would be nice to see in some form become a thing with the state government. I've always RP'd that the psych therapy sessions I've done outside the scope of emergency departments as being paid via health insurance and took it upon myself to not ask people for money and RP'd it being settled by their health insurance after we IC'ly discussed the forms. 

But as it stands right now, I feel that people are more inclined to see clinics as private and a for-profit institution rather than a non-profit one. Unless that image gets swayed, and shown that the clinics are not in it for somewhat profit then maybe it could be possible to include a public health insurance scheme.  

• mj2002 locked this topic