Changing the health bar

After some discussion, I've decided to change this post from removing the health bar, to just tweaking it.

As St3fan elaborated on, it would be a much better solution just to hide the health bar that appears above the character under their name tag until a player takes damage, then the bar would appear and stay for 2 or 3 minutes then disappear again unless the player took more damage within those minutes, then the timer would reset.

This will remove the annoying bar from your screen as you engage in serious roleplay, and remove it from most screenshots, but with the bar appearing when you take damage, it will make desync reports and possible hackings easier for the player to prove, and the admins to handle.

Edited by Michael
Decided to change the suggestion due to discussion.
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, MalteseWolf said:

Only reservation I have about this is that it might make it trickier to know if someone is using some sort of health/godmode cheat ...

You're right, but I think admins and video evidence could handle that. You do bring up a good point though.

3 minutes ago, Orcaninja said:

Video evidence doesn't solve anything. On your screen, you can be hitting/shooting someone and you will deal 0 damage because of desync. 

I suppose. Though surely there's other ways desync cases could be solved other than having a health bar. Hopefully desync cases will be a minority in the future when the client is improved by gtmp.

Maybe just make the bar smaller, or only appear when damage is taken. My general point is the bar takes away from RP.

I agree with OP, however, as mentioned, it can be useful for certain situations.

What I suggest is that the admins limit the range that it's shown to a much shorter distance. This could work for both name and health bar, to prevent players being able to 'see' others around corners, or through objects.

If possible, the distance could be 'melee' distance, of 1 or 2 meters.