Increase the price for rental vehicles

Outworld

Should this be implemented?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description:

Increase the price for rental vehicles to... let's say 1000$ / hour.

Detailed description:

100$ for one hour is extremely low considering the server economy and how much everything else costs.

Cons: 

• Rental cars will stop being basically free

Pros:

• Demand for taxi roleplay will increase, not making the job useless as it is now.
  • Less fuck-around on rental vehicles
  • Less abandoned cars

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? ^

Additional information: N/A

Edited by Outworld
  • Upvote 2

An obvious thing that was suggested two years ago and still nothing. It's a simple and logistical change to implement. It would benefit player owned taxi services and maybe even spawn a player operated rental company.

I think the use of rental cars is great for new players, but I think it can/is highly abused by people who know they can respawn at the airport and rent a car for whatever their reasons. 

I feel a good idea is to simply take away the ability to respawn at the airport. Realistically the only reason you’d need to be at the airport is to fly somewhere, in which you’d roleplay driving there or take a taxi. New players spawn there anyways, so that’s honestly the only players that should be there without getting there IC’ly. 

As renting cars is very realistic in the real world, I feel there should be some effort to lessen the abuse of rental cars. I’m not quite sure how entirely. Maybe a limit on the amount of hours you’ve played? After a certain amount, you can’t rent one unless an admin spawns one for you in the event of an extreme circumstance. Might open up an avenue for a player-owner rental business. Lots of ideas. 

Edited by Scaramouche
  • mj2002 locked this topic