Subway Teleportation System

DLimit

I think although this would need some heavy scripting a nice system could be put to place in which there'd be a subway interior mapped, a driver employed. When in range of a station, people get notified with radio announcements like next subway arrives in 5 minutes, and so on. When it's there, people can teleport inside in the common interior. Similarly, people inside can come out and get notified too of what station they're at currently

Strongly against this, pure stupid RPG mechanic. Teleport around the map? Great. I can already see the abusers who will use it to run from cops / people / etc. Might wanna call a taxi and stimulate their work rather than looking for ways to avoid player interraction and be on your own. Why not create some RP and try to find a player way to get where you wanna go?

5 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Strongly against this, pure stupid RPG mechanic. Teleport around the map? Great. I can already see the abusers who will use it to run from cops / people / etc. Might wanna call a taxi and stimulate their work rather than looking for ways to avoid player interraction and be on your own. Why not create some RP and try to find a player way to get where you wanna go?

Would you still be against it if it wasn't actually teleporting, but players would be required to enter the train and ride it to each station? It wouldn't be controlled by a player, but would still provide with a kinda cool system to move around the city. I don't know the situation with taxi drivers on the server right now, and how this would affect them but roleplay could still take place in the subway rather than on the backseat of a cab. 

13 minutes ago, -Andreas said:

Would you still be against it if it wasn't actually teleporting, but players would be required to enter the train and ride it to each station? It wouldn't be controlled by a player, but would still provide with a kinda cool system to move around the city. I don't know the situation with taxi drivers on the server right now, and how this would affect them but roleplay could still take place in the subway rather than on the backseat of a cab. 

Trams and Taxis, each one serve it's own purpose. A taxi driver can take you anywhere you want but, on the other hand, a tram would be able to take you from a station to another.

Taxis won't be hurt at all and I had enough of seeing them complain about every single suggestion that includes new means of transport.

12 minutes ago, Desastro said:

Trams and Taxis, each one serve it's own purpose. A taxi driver can take you anywhere you want but, on the other hand, a tram would be able to take you from a station to another.

Taxis won't be hurt at all and I had enough of seeing them complain about every single suggestion that includes new means of transport.

Indeed the metro system doesn't cover much more than the center of the city.

image.png

Okay I've messed around with the trains for a bit this evening, and at this point in time it's just not possible to implement. Creating trains and having them speed around the tracks work fluently. Stopping them and starting again is no problem, but getting their position which is crucial for train stations to work has proved impossible with the current version of RageMP. 

Trains are mission objects, and on creation are not added to the vehicle pool which means I'm unable to get a proper handle of the train after its creation. However sometimes invoking natives is the solution then, but since RageMP doesn't allow anything but integers to be returned from a native call, I can't get the position. 

So... We'll have to wait for version 0.4, as some of these issues are then addressed as far as I know. I don't think we'll ever spend time on a teleportation system for subways. We either go full in and do it properly with the trains moving about, or not at all. I'd love to do it once I have the tools I need for it.

9 hours ago, -Andreas said:

Okay I've messed around with the trains for a bit this evening, and at this point in time it's just not possible to implement. Creating trains and having them speed around the tracks work fluently. Stopping them and starting again is no problem, but getting their position which is crucial for train stations to work has proved impossible with the current version of RageMP. 

Trains are mission objects, and on creation are not added to the vehicle pool which means I'm unable to get a proper handle of the train after its creation. However sometimes invoking natives is the solution then, but since RageMP doesn't allow anything but integers to be returned from a native call, I can't get the position. 

So... We'll have to wait for version 0.4, as some of these issues are then addressed as far as I know. I don't think we'll ever spend time on a teleportation system for subways. We either go full in and do it properly with the trains moving about, or not at all. I'd love to do it once I have the tools I need for it.

I figured the solution would probably need some help from the next version of Rage:MP. I would highly support your idea of automated trains. To be able to travel around the central part of the city would be incredible, especially for people who don't have any form of transportation themselves ???

Edited by Scaramouche