Subway Teleportation System

DLimit

Short description:  The ability to be teleported to other subway stations from one subway station.

Detailed description: Each subway station should consist of a teleport command, which allows players to teleport to other subway stations. When you press "Y" on the teleportation spot within the subway station, It would display a list of other subway stations, identical to how a list of apartments and floors would pop up on the screen when you attempt to enter a building.

Commands to add:

Items to add: Teleportation spot within each station.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It adds some form of realism to those that prefer to use public transportation over privately-owned vehicles, without having to overload the server with literal subways. In the process, it may heighten the activity within underground subway systems, as they currently seem barren and useless.

Additional information:

• Upvote 2

There's quite a bit to do in order to improve mobility realism, in the sense that not everyone owns and or uses a private vehicle 24/7 in most major metropolitan areas, unlike LS in its current state, where everyone owns a sports car or two and buses were a mirage last seen in 2019. I think this would be a nice step towards changing the paradigm.

4 minutes ago, Desastro said:

In that case, we can always implement a tram and work from there. I believe I made a suggestion about this but it sadly died.

Plus I don't think time skipping your destination from a subway to another by just pressing a button is realistic.

It could potentially consist of a timer, causing players to be immobile for one-minute.

I would obviously prefer an actual tram/subway system. I don't think it is currently possible within the limits of the Rage:MP client at this point, especially with multiple people actually being in the subway car itself and sync issues. I can see this being a nightmare for the coding team. Maybe with the improvements in the client when they decide to update it to the next version (in the next 10 years ?) it can be possible.

This suggestion could work, but I agree on a timer. It should be at least somewhat realistic in travel time as if you actually took the train. Use the "freeze" function and add a timer (just like there's a timer on the brewing script), to where they can't move until that timer is up. Being able to teleport around the city instantly would do no good, especially since it could be abused by people to get around quickly or run from police, run from whatever it is they are running from, lol. At least with a realistic timer, some reaction on the other side could be made based on the direction they traveled. They could attempt to beat them at the next station, etc. Could make for some interesting role play.