Invincibility upon entering properties

Connor

So you guys are like actually saying, that it's perfectly valid to be able to kill people who can't shoot back because of the load in? Because "it makes it fair?"

Like for real? I'm trying to wrap my head around you guys saying you want an OOC advantage for an IC situation. I'm just making sure that's what you're saying. Because a SWAT breach isn't fair. It's designed inherently for them to have an upper hand with the tools that they have at their disposal.

9 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So you guys are like actually saying, that it's perfectly valid to be able to kill people who can't shoot back because of the load in? Because "it makes it fair?"

Like for real? I'm trying to wrap my head around you guys saying you want an OOC advantage for an IC situation. I'm just making sure that's what you're saying. Because a SWAT breach isn't fair. It's designed inherently for them to have an upper hand with the tools that they have at their disposal.

Yeah, this video says otherwise. The subject who shot at the cops had the upper hand because he was able to see SWAT before they saw him, and SWAT couldn't return fire. The SWAT team doesn't always have the upper hand, in some cases the suspects do. Invincibility is just something that shouldn't be allowed, because people don't get invincibility in real life, and when you run through that fatal funnel, you run the risk of being fired upon. Also, I feel like SWAT would rely on that invincibility too much, making it a crutch that they would lean on often. Breaches shouldn't happen very often, but when they do. SWAT should take more precautions when they think there are armed assailants inside, like using a snakecam instead of just kicking the door in and make an actual plan of action, which requires more strategy. This should prevent ramboing in with rifles and expecting to win all the time to go away. Also be advised, the video is not for everyone, so watch at your own risk.

Spoiler

So you are saying that you deserve a free upper hand because of an OOC load issue? And provide a single instance of SWAT not being able to breach for X reason. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't watch the video because I'm still flabbergasted by how dumb of an argument this actually is.

Just to reiterate here. You're taking an OOC advantage. And using it IC. And you think that's perfectly fine. Because you didn't actually answer my question. You threw a bunch of stuff out about it not being realistic "because people don't get invincibility in real life."

Also in real life, I don't have to press Y to unfreeze myself in anyone's house or business, and I don't have to exit buildings sometimes so people show up in their house or business. And I don't sometimes have the floors vanish in people's houses or businesses because of load issues either.

Is that not processing? Like this has nothing to do with whether SWAT should or shouldn't breach. Criminals also benefit from this too. If you're actually saying that an OOC advantage of being able to shoot people before they load in and can physically even function is perfectly fine? Kinda play to win in my opinion.

Catch them in a hallway and fatal funnel them? Sure no problem. Got no issue with that. Shooting them before they load in and even make a decision to retreat or fight because they're locked in place and can't see anything? Yeah, that's not the same thing.

I don't think you even read what I wrote. I was saying that I am perfectly fine with SWAT teams being able to have invincibility without the use of their weapons for snakecam or visual purposes only. If they see oh wow, there's 5 guys watching the door with weapons, maybe we should try something else. That's probably a more likely outcome than rushing in with rifles and trying their hand because it won't go well.

22 hours ago, BLASTER.HBSH said:

But then the cops have 200+ Armour and Health which is of course an unfair advantage over us. This is one of the only things we have which allows us to possibly win a situation, lol.

Don't know if you should ever have the possibility to 'win' in a situation against a SWAT raid.

Calling their armor an 'advantage' turns this into an RPG discussion which this server isn't. Realistically, the government SHOULD have these unfair advantages on you (otherwise everyone on planet Earth would be a criminal) and if your criminal character is stupid enough to be in this situation, 99.999999999999% of the time they SHOULD be caught or killed. And relying on an ingame limitation shouldn't be the 0.00000000001%.

This is Los Santos, not a third-world warzone.

OT: I don't know if invincibility is the answer as I think that would just create really janky situations IG (like players doing the exact same thing but waiting until the invincibility wears off) but I do agree that shooting people in doorways can be problematic, particularly when the game limits a player from engaging with another player who is indoors. I think providing the police with other avenues of entering a property and the use of snake cams/tear gas would be a useful addition. Not sure how plausible either of those are though.

• 1 year later...