Scale down the mechanic pay.

Akaya

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

It depends on the percentage share owners set, yeah. Some owners set ridiculous shares which means the employees get a stupid amount of cash when they shouldn't. The rest keep it realistic and stick to decent wages.

I can agree to that at least.

Shop owners shouldn't be allowed to give a mechanic 50% of what people install.

Just now, VGavelin said:

I can agree to that at least.

Shop owners shouldn't be allowed to give a mechanic 50% of what people install.

I mean, in some cases it could pass, but it's very rarely justifiable. I'd suggest just reporting players that do shit like that instead of restricting it.

Please don't do this.

Instead of lowering money to punish players (which is realisticly evenly distributed between on duty mechanics), faction management should monitor the roleplay of mechanic garages, reprimanding those who have poor/non descriptive roleplay.

Mechanic roleplay, when performed correctly, is arguably more intensive than any other job on the server (maybe save for medical roleplay, and even then the amount of typing and thinking you must do is comparable), and the money made is fair considering the economy. 

The mechanic job should be changed to only include those who are active mechanics or just remove the job entirely as it serves no purpose. Every time I have seen people use the mechanic hotline, it was because they were trying to call a taxi and dialed the wrong number. If the job is kept, the $300 salary should be removed as it is completely redundant due to what you get paid actually working.

Edited by icarusfeather
  • 1 year later...