Scale down the mechanic pay.

Akaya

43 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Supporting, I've had mechanic shifts myself in which I've made almost 100k for about two hours.

We also need to get more mechanic, mechanic garages. Like, actual garages that look like mechanic shops, not some mechanic garages slapped in front of a property with no mechanic mapping whatsoever at all.

100 grand in two hours? Maybe in 2018, not with the current setup. Out of the 100 grand you get, 75-80 goes on components, and then you're left with 25-30 grand to pay workers. All the mechanic garages are currently occupied, and some are restricted and unable to be requested. I see no issue with people asking for mechanic garages anywhere they want that fits the bill. Not everyone wants a grey run down building. People have the right to request different places for garages, which they do.

18 hours ago, MikeyMike said:

I think you're tackling the wrong issue here. It's not about how much money you make, it's how you make it and the time limit under which you make it. People are saying I should detail RP and spend 5+ minutes RPing a car, well guess what. While I'm doing that there's 5 cars behind me waiting to get new engine, new roof, new suspension, new transmission, new brakes, new wheels, etc. And I'm supposed to RP that under a time limit, because the last guy to come to the garage is gonna end up spending hours there. Hours that he could've spent RPing elsewhere. I think the issue here is the system that's created where the mechanic shop is treated like a drive-thru of car parts. You drive in, get your little catalog and fully modify your car from top to bottom and get out 10 minutes later with a fully tuned machine. This is wrong, and if anything, your suggestion should be reworking the mechanic shops to a more realistic setting. Walking into a garage, telling the mechanics what you want done to your car and the mechanics telling you how long that will take i.e. come back tomorrow or in 3 IG hours. That way, there's enough time to RP even the slightest details needed to make everything seem realistic. Because the way the system is currently set up, I feel like there's a fire burning under my ass every time I fix up a car whose owner decided it would be a good idea to fully deck out the car with 15+ mods for me to RP while there are literally five other guys behind him waiting to do the same.

You can already do that, and I've done it/still do. Every now and then, you get a rare example of a customer who doesn't mind leaving their car with the mechanic for several hours or longer. 

It's an option my character offers to anyone that needs an extensive amount of work done on their vehicle, however, 90% of the players will just say "nah I'd rather wait". While they do so, they do nothing but AFK next to the car and don't even allow you to interact with them while you RP. Now this rare 10% will either gladly leave their car with you and pick it up hours+ later, or stay with you throughout the RP AND allow you to interact with them. The majority of players I've done the latter with didn't end up disappointed, because even though they spent an hour or more watching their car get ripped up and put back together, they still got some cool, casual RP out of it, with the added bonus of their character walking out of the workshop with more knowledge about their cars and the modifications they got. 

There's also people that PM you "you don't have to be so detailed" when you're doing a job that in reality would take an hour or two, but takes about 10-20 minutes IG. I'm sure it jabs at the motivation of players whose characters work at workshops that actually consider quality over quantity - such as Autohaven, Octane Automotive and several others. 

There's people like us that have been willing to make the garage/workshop roleplay experience realistic, fun and detailed for over a year. It's the community that rarely gives us any support or appreciation. Majority of players just want to get their sick turbos in the click of a button and leave, and the majority of mechanic roleplayers care about quantity over quality, money over roleplay. 

</rant>

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

Lower the price of components and remove the ability for just anybody to become a mechanic. Mechanics should be hired by a garage to gain access to the script.

Lower component prices means its easier to operate and by restricting the script to those who actually RP as a full time mechanic you can narrow your enforcement of the rules. Instead of going after individual players for poor RP you go after the shop owners who hired the people in the first place.

25 minutes ago, Henning said:

Lower the price of components and remove the ability for just anybody to become a mechanic. Mechanics should be hired by a garage to gain access to the script.

Lower component prices means its easier to operate and by restricting the script to those who actually RP as a full time mechanic you can narrow your enforcement of the rules. Instead of going after individual players for poor RP you go after the shop owners who hired the people in the first place.

I once logged on and saw 157 players online and the /onduty said there were 156 mechanics online ?? definitely support restricting the script to hired mechanics. 

this.

I was going down to a garage today and I thought: "why not have specialized garages, instead of every garage being able to service anything from a Faggio to a top of the line super car?" I think this would also help combat the abuse of scripted features. Just an idea.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:04 PM, zaXer. said:

Supporting, I've had mechanic shifts myself in which I've made almost 100k for about two hours.

We also need to get more mechanic, mechanic garages. Like, actual garages that look like mechanic shops, not some mechanic garages slapped in front of a property with no mechanic mapping whatsoever at all.

100? Marone....

9 minutes ago, VGavelin said:

Mechanic is based of what an owner pays isn't it?

I only get 5% of what customers charge and $25 in labor for every part I install.

It depends on the percentage share owners set, yeah. Some owners set ridiculous shares which means the employees get a stupid amount of cash when they shouldn't. The rest keep it realistic and stick to decent wages.