Bring back name tags in cars

Is there some way players could perhaps have a random ID at range that can be traced back to that player later if needed. Once you get close enough their name tag appears. That would work. As LSPD myself, I LOVE this change but I can also see why some of us do not. Like traffic cops. Looking through a window, standing right next to the car. Frustrating. 

8 hours ago, Benny Black said:

I mean considering the fact it prevents metagame by law enforcement and the people who are "supporting" this are mostly LSPD including the one who started this topic that definitely says something in my opinion. I'm not trying to call the LSPD "metagamers", but the inclusion of nametags in vehicles has been heavily misused by the police on this server in the past and I can provide evidence of this if requested. As such I think this addition should be kept as it prevents metagame by everyone not just LSPD and as far as this problem with people breaking rules due to the lack of name tags is concerned. You guys have a database for license plates. Just get the plate on the back of the car, check the database and make the report off that or ask a admin to tell you who's driving the car. This seems like a really easy problem to fix that has been blown out of proportion by certain parties.

So how are you going to prove to  the admins that the owner of the car is also driving? What about passengers that are not roleplaying crashes and run off or shoot? What about stolen vehicles? What about some dude hitting you, driving off, and you don't even know his name? What about the same thing but him shooting you? 

I've updated the OP with plenty cases of rule breaking that would result in people not getting punished because their tags are not visible. Also it outright ruins roleplay if you're RPing with multiple people in the car and can't see who's who.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

There's been a lot more support for this change than against it. This thread isn't the only place that we have received feedback. It's not going to be reverted because a loud minority in one faction wants it back. If the majority of the community at large wants it changed, then we can consider it. 

Based on actually being in-game as an admin and speaking to other admins, we haven't had many issues with identifying people driving cars. All we need is the model name. The type of people who have been using this to get away with doing things are the same people complaining to Bjork, KV and I that there was no proof that they were driving. There's plenty of videos here that could have been sent to admins in-game since we have many ways of identifying who was driving a vehicle. It's on you if you suddenly stopped reporting it. The same people complaining were the fastest to report someone before the nametag change.

• Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, Keane said:

All we need is the model name

Which... relies on players knowing the exact models of a few hundred vehicles.

The same people complaining were the fastest to report someone before the nametag change.

You're almost saying that like reporting rule breaking is a bad thing.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 minute ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Which... relies on players knowing the exact models of a few hundred vehicles.

No it doesn't, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to pass around a streamable clip in the LSPD discord to ask 'Hey guys, any idea what thsi vehicle is?'

5 minutes ago, Mitch said:

No it doesn't, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to pass around a streamable clip in the LSPD discord to ask 'Hey guys, any idea what thsi vehicle is?'

Lol. Yeah dude, that's how I want to spend my evenings, tagging @everyone and hoping for answers.

Big yikes from me. Any change that pauses roleplay more and causes reliance on Discord and Admins to solve is a bad one.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
3 minutes ago, Mitch said:

That still kind of is what that means...

Frankly speaking, I would actually just like to see some instances of the positive feedback that @Keane was talking about. I'm not saying I don't believe there's been positive feedback on it but I've heard nothing but negative stuff about it from criminals and cops regarding people playing fuck fuck games, and knowing they won't be ID'd by person who can't see their name from up against the glass.

• mj2002 locked this topic