The decision to not allow "Looking for work: ads.

8 hours ago, Henning said:

The IC forums exist for a reason: https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/forum/16-advertisements/

Ad’s are invasive to roleplay, it’s just as simple as that. When someone posts an ad, it shows up in the middle of everyone’s RP, you are forced to look at it. That’s fine when it’s a bar or business, maybe a company providing a service. Businesses and ads that provide my character and a wide range of characters RP.

You know what’s annoying and only provides RP to one or two people? Sixteen looking for work ads every hour.

TLDR: The new rule is fine, if your looking for a job use the IC forums instead.

I’m done with this discussion as it seems it’s going nowhere and Jennie has posted a great IG alternative. Agree to disagree. 

Edited by Giles
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, freezeway3k said:

I really agree with this rule. When I started and created my first char, it was complicated to find something. This would improve server quality

+1

current rule to not look for work in ads is really silly and stupid.

I like it the way it is, There are multiple ways to find a job.

• Go to the establishment and ask in person
  • Go to Arcadius they have a list of job offerings or vice versa
  • Wait for Business ADS to pop up looking for new employees
  • Ask friends/family/acquaintances
  • Go on the forums (HERE)
  • Go to Facebrowser, look for business and contact them.

There are so many options already, you just got to work for it, if you don't want to work for it, you won't get a job, just like it does IRL. It takes time and effort. People usually don't get hired in a day either so, keep looking, no need to clog the /ad any further. I also completely agree with what Paddy said.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, Paddy said:

I think that there are a number of issues surrounding this in terms of realism and practicality.

Adverts cost money. From a realistic perspective, somebody who requires employment equally requires money. It's there for arguable that the person posting such an ad probably shouldn't be able to afford it.

There's also a degree of redundancy to such an act. Typically, people who have jobs advertise them until the roll is covered. I can't say for certain, but I imagine that people don't gravitate towards somebody offering their services unless it's something sleazy.

Which brings me to my final point. It's often difficult to outright know what is legal or illegal when somebody is offering themselves. Especially when it's somebody telling you their age, gender and appearance, which makes most players assume it's a prostitute offering their services.

In summary then, while I understand that this can cause new member issues, this is a decision for the benefit of realism. In addition, new players can find alternatives, by calling adsfor work, or even going to bars and asking subtly.

• Upvote 1
On 11/21/2020 at 7:29 AM, goddessoflife said:

There are so many options already, you just got to work for it, if you don't want to work for it, you won't get a job, just like it does IRL. It takes time and effort. People usually don't get hired in a day either so, keep looking, no need to clog the /ad any further. I also completely agree with what Paddy said.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:29 AM, goddessoflife said: