Books, notepads & similar items in which you can write.

Irrtadum

Short description: A script, which allows players to acquire and posses a specific item in which they can write.

Detailed description: Blank notebooks and books which players can acquire by purchase and upon possession can write in their notepad book or any other similar item. Whenever they need to write something down they can use the commands mentioned below which would open a simple text box or something similar, depending of the item they are using. Upon usage they could write whatever they wished into their item and save it for later usage.

Commands to add: /notepad /book

Items to add:  Books ; Notepads or any similar items in which players can write.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Upon feeling the need, people can write something down they might forget and need to recall further on. This can vary anything from names, food recipes to statements collected by the police. As in real life it's up to the person itself what they wish to write in their possessed notebook or any similar item. It would make it much easier for individuals to collect information they need without having to use anything not in-game or in-character. Everything can be simplified by possessing a simple and easy to use item.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 2

YES PLEASE. I'd LOVE this. 

This would not only be very useful but also bring more immersion to roleplay. I roleplay as a police officer, and this would be very awesome for things like taking statements, making notes of possible persons of interest, to-do lists, writing down observations during surveillance etcetera. 

Big YES.

Don't we already have a whole note system? Or was that removed? 

As far as notebooks where you can look through multiple pages, that could be neat.

Not sure how you could code it without a system where you have it create a database or new section in database with the name of book and then more rows for the pages to draw from. Seems like a lot of work, but I guess it would be just a substep of how I'm assuming the note system already stores data. I think the menu ui for accessing the difference pages would probably be more work than setting up the database for it but could use command base draw like what @Selena mentioned. 

Edited by pixel
  • Upvote 2