The Conservative Party

PSSL4am.png

AUTHOR: JOSEPHINA GARBERT-SMITHE                                                                                                                                                  3 MIN READ

LOS SANTOS, San Andreas — The Conservative State Executive Committee (SEC) has named Cara Salim, previous Liberty City political activist, as the new Party Secretary. Salim is expected to replace Secretary Kate Noona immediately, who has suffered a recent heart attack and is rapidly facing decline in health.

"I think Miss Salim will prove to be an excellent Secretary, she's an extremely bright and talented individual who I think will contribute much to the Party and the State Executive Committee during her tenure." Disraeli stated during an interview. "We've discussed potential candidates for the position, but we feel she has what it takes." 

Cara Salim started her political career in her home city of Liberty City, where she frequently helped coach other members of her political party on what critics are now considering a unique approach to politics.

"It's basically like presenting simple arguments as the public might see them, and drilling politicians on how to prepare for the optics of their policies." Political analyst Jerry O'Doyle noted during an interview. "It's a silly concept on paper, but it actually goes some length to teach, to help someone learn how they're being viewed. What better a way to practice for what your opponents might throw at you, than to have someone willing to help you see what your opponents are thinking?"

When asked for further comment, Disraeli concluded the interview by saying: "Any questions, concerns or complaints you may wish to make about anything, policy related or not, or if you wish to arrange an appointment to meet with the party leadership to discuss any issue you may have, Miss Salim should be your point of contact from hereon. Thank you."

###

Topics

Conservative

SA Politics / News / 2020 SEC / Party Secretary / Cara Salim / Executive Committee

Edited by Justitiae

On 1/6/2020 at 12:39 AM, Zane_Field said:

Abby Underwood be like: 

Pick n apple.. Retain what's rightfully owed for the 'Fruits of your labor'

Farm the land, get compensated 25% of its yield

This is kinda contradictory though, wouldn't want to go into that too much OOC though.

If I understood Sami, he expressed concern with portrayal and realism. And I agree.

I will give praise and credit for the effort put into these recent developments, but I can’t ignore my misgivings about portrayal. There were already qualms among other roleplayers in another thread (if memory serves me well, that thread was The Future of Government) regarding the emergence of a “Conservative Party” in the United States, and whether it would be realistic —— particularly in 2019. 

Further, the platform resembles that of a now-defunct political party that was active in Post-Revolutionary America.

The name and Whig-like platform can be overlooked; but, now the party has its sights on a partnership with a labour union? I’m quite not sure the party’s values are compatible with those of a typical labour union. If this is intentional — i.e. if either the party or the union is intentionally using a misnomer to deceive, for whatever reason — then that’s fine, I suppose; but if these creatures are intended to emulate historical developments, then there’s an issue. 

No offence intended, but it seems to me to be getting more bizarre in the realism department. 

Good luck. 

• Keane locked this topic