Criminal Role Play

borhoi

If we're talking strictly gang role play, people on this server tend to think that if you're in a gang you're gang banging 24/7 which isn't the case. A hood is a community where law abiding citizens also live in as well with a few exceptions of course. You don't kill people everyday, you don't rely on robbing and selling drugs to make money, there's other methods out there that I roleplay that others don't. The people that think illegal role play revolves around robbing and selling drugs on the corner are the same people that also think that your scriptwise money = IC money. 

Understand that there are roleplayers in this community that have never been close to any of the shit they portray and will always argue that they're in the right. You're better off distancing yourself from them and getting with people that actually know their stuff.

Also this thread is going to lead absolutely nowhere because no one cares enough to listen to OUR opinions and these threads always just break out into petty arguments because no one seems to understand how to hold civil discussion. It's just a waste of time tbh.

Edited by Benny Black
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

You'd have to fix the server if you wanna fix criminal rp. It's systemic at this point, only two reasons I still play on this server is certain parts of the community are awesome and the developers are very good at their job. Much of the staff team abuse their power (this message will likely be deleted because I said that which only proves my point) although there are a couple good ones, the communities become increasingly toxic and rp quality is pretty "enh" right now. If you wanna fix criminal roleplay, I'd first revamp the staff team and revamp several factions on the server as well. That'd be a good start.

Buhanna diynaxh sa cagarx, malxana bexk ia vila.

rplnr midwest

• Upvote 1

People need to understand few things when it comes to criminal roleplay. It is rewarding, but not in terms of money. Depends on what style you focus on. It's not always about gangs or MCs. Though you might need to come to terms with the fact, that you won't be always on winning side, which is exactly the reason that puts many people off. And then no matter what style you choose, stay true to your character, don't go off ways suddenly and act like your character shouldn't be in first place. There are many ideas you can put to work. 

Edited by Engelbert

Criminal roleplay has always been heavily debated on the server, and it has had its fair share of hills and valleys, and it will most likely continue to do so. Some great criminal factions have come and gone, and some not so great ones. I won't name any names, for obvious reason. I think that one of the largest issues with criminal RP is the characters people create. They create way to perfect characters, or way to dull ones, it often ends up feeling very 2D. Characters having flaws is what makes them believable and, in my opinion, more fun to roleplay. People playing to win is also a large if not the largest issue, they take fights they'll most likely lose and when they do lose it ends up in a forum report with pointless banter between the parties. I think to fix criminal RP in anyway what so ever, you need to start focusing on the players first-hand and scripts and thing of that sort can come later.

• Upvote 2

Criminal roleplay is something that, in my opinion, is very rarely ever done right. One of the main things that bugs me is how quickly people are to make a permanent solution to such a small problem, leading to a needless amount of CK's and a headache for the staff members who have to overlook the reports that come in afterwards. Everyone wants to win, and sometimes they're more then willing to bend the rules to get what they want. 

1 hour ago, Powley said:

Criminal roleplay is something that, in my opinion, is very rarely ever done right. One of the main things that bugs me is how quickly people are to make a permanent solution to such a small problem, leading to a needless amount of CK's and a headache for the staff members who have to overlook the reports that come in afterwards. Everyone wants to win, and sometimes they're more then willing to bend the rules to get what they want. 

People jumping to a "permanent" solution is common place now, This isn't the 1970's where you bang colors and brawl behind the school. This is the 2020 and everything is about saving face and projecting an image. People die over the pettiest of bullshit IRL and it reflects in character.

Just now, Henning said:

People jumping to a "permanent" solution is common place now, This isn't the 1970's where you bang colors and brawl behind the school. This is the 2020 and everything is about saving face and projecting an image. People die over the pettiest of bullshit IRL and it reflects in character.

You're right in that it's pretty realistic for petty things to lead to senseless deaths, it happens all the time in gang infested areas. The issue of course being that this being a roleplay server, it makes for some piss poor RP when someone just whips out a gun when being insulted, going straight for the PK instead of letting tensions and roleplay build until it gets to that point. Sometimes a beating can get the same results done without halting anybodies roleplay and having them void a lot of it out. Just my two cents on it.

Just now, nwah_ said:

You're right in that it's pretty realistic for petty things to lead to senseless deaths, it happens all the time in gang infested areas. The issue of course being that this being a roleplay server, it makes for some piss poor RP when someone just whips out a gun when being insulted, going straight for the PK instead of letting tensions and roleplay build until it gets to that point. Sometimes a beating can get the same results done without halting anybodies roleplay and having them void a lot of it out. Just my two cents on it.

I agree people should let the tension and RP build, however I also believe that every interaction with an individual has an "unkown" factor. You don't know who your speaking with and you don't know what they are capable of; It's the reason most people don't go around talking shit IRL all the time. The best example I can give would be in county jail. People go in expecting it to be like the streets, they can talk shit and then hide behind either the guards or their cell. That just isn't the case, If you call someone a bitch in county? You will get stabbed. It is 100% that simple.

I think it's on every individual to understand a lot of us are RPing dangerous and unstable characters, if you get in an altercation and it leads to you getting shot.. Well, it's kind of on you. The other person knows who they are playing as, what they're reaction would be, who might be watching and what they might think if they backed down.